Comfort TV - what's yours?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Got a go-to show for when you're feeling like shit or just want to indulge in some easy watching? Something you know like the back of your hand that you can happily watch again and again?

Would like to hear it.

Maybe I'll steal it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Huh, comfort TV. Never thought of it that way. I guess mine would be King of the Hill and Rick & Morty. It helps that every episode is on streaming sites here.

Honestly nearly anything adult swim, too. The web site http://www.adultswim.com/ has a 24/7 stream.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm going to have to agree with Lonesage on King of the Hill. It's pretty fantastic, especially the middle 10 seasons.

I'll watch Married With Children pretty much endlessly as well. Or Seinfeld.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Anything with David Attenborough in it.
Also anything related to archeology, all those Sunday afternoon shows I would watch in blighty growing up, ugly weather outside, the knowledge another miserable week was pending

Edit: mother fucking antiques road show

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
oh shit

Bob Ross. Joy of Painting.

I always watched that shit when I stayed home from school or when it was raining during the summer. It's a scientific fact that nothing bad can happen to you while watching that show.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Huh, comfort TV. Never thought of it that way. I guess mine would be King of the Hill and Rick & Morty. It helps that every episode is on streaming sites here.

Honestly nearly anything adult swim, too. The web site http://www.adultswim.com/ has a 24/7 stream.

Comedy is fine, but it's quite important that it doesn't actually make you laugh anymore, that's not comfort TV, comfort TV just makes you feel mellow and safe.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cheers, Frasier, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Columbo, every Star Trek show, especially the original series.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
There's a Good Will Hunting TV show?

Did you google that before asking?

Spoiler:
Because I did.
Spoiler:
But I'll add The Shawshank Redemption if we're including movies.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If i am absolutely out of stuff to watch, i can always watch more Star Trek. especially TNG. Just finished another runthrough. I skipped the ones I could remember.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
For me it's the Simpsons. Mostly the older seasons, like 1-12. Also most shows on Discovery Turbo.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The Fatal Fury animes and old japanese reruns of the original Iron Chef tv show.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Comfort TV for me is pretty much any documentary, ones about war are especially high on the list.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
BBC is masterful in creating Comfort TV, so look no further. I like Escape to the Country or Cash in the Attic for example. Their Austen and Dickens screen adaptations are top notch, especially Pride and Prejudice with a young Colin Firth. Then there are all those Granada TV productions, like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett or, Rot called it the other day, the Agatha Christie's Poirot series. Quality may vary, but it's always pure comfort, man, you can sleep on it like a baby.

You live right in the home of Comfort TV, SteveNK, guess it's why they call it Great Britain ;).

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I can watch that again and again, I never seem to get bored. It does make me laugh, but that still counts as comfort TV to me. When I am ill, or hungover, or just feeling $h1tty, I want something funny.

StevenK

10 Year Member
BBC is masterful in creating Comfort TV, so look no further. I like Escape to the Country or Cash in the Attic for example. Their Austen and Dickens screen adaptations are top notch, especially Pride and Prejudice with a young Colin Firth. Then there are all those Granada TV productions, like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett or, Rot called it the other day, the Agatha Christie's Poirot series. Quality may vary, but it's always pure comfort, man, you can sleep on it like a baby.

You live right in the home of Comfort TV, SteveNK, guess it's why they call it Great Britain ;).

My friend, look up Homes Under the Hammer, and thank me later.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
South Park. I almost always watch an episode or two before I go to bed. My best guess is that I've seen most episodes from the first 14 or so seasons 20-25 times each, then around 10 times apiece for the seasons after that.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
King of the Hill - I re-watch the series every couple of years
Frasier - Same as w/KotH
Seinfeld - Sometimes I just get a hankering to watch it when it's cold and rainy
Cowboy Bebop - Same as w/Seinfeld