Weekly Roundup 7-9-17

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
PS4
Persona 5 - 108 hours on it and still lots to do.

3DS
Pocket Card Jockey
Chronno Trigger

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
32X/Genesis

Virtua Racing
Hard Drivin'

GB

Space Invaders

SNES

SFZ2

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4
Overtop
Magical Drop 2
Riptide GP2

Retrofreak
Curse (weekly challenge with Gusmoney)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm between games-ish.

PS4
Tekken 7 - looks great as always, but I simply don't feel like taking on this game's learning curve right now
Valkyria Revolution - PSA, avoid this game like the plague, OMG does it suck
Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness - not bad for fans, but needs more visual cues like Danganronpa which I'd really recommend

3DS
Final Fantasy 4 DS - picked up on a lightning deal for $10 last year and gotten more out of it than the 3 PS4 games above

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just finished castlevania portrait of ruin. definitely my favourite out of the ds games. the map, power ups and gameplay is great. and the fact that you could unlock richter and maria as playable characters is awesome.

near the end of order of ecclesia. great story, art and visuals but a little bland compared to the other games.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Coinops arcade

The Deep (Simple fun game but very awesome and addicting. Just realized last night you can speed up the depth charges by pushing up or down on stick.)

Big Karnak

Haunted Castle

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've been spending so much time tweaking my cabs and testing a OSSC (which I'm thinking of selling...xrgb 3 forever !) that I've had little time to actually play anything, lol.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PC:
METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN
DOOM 2016
AZURE STRIKE GUNVOLT

PS1:
POLICENAUTS

SATURN:
SHINING FORCE 3 SCENARIO 1

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
just finished castlevania portrait of ruin. definitely my favourite out of the ds games. the map, power ups and gameplay is great. and the fact that you could unlock richter and maria as playable characters is awesome.

near the end of order of ecclesia. great story, art and visuals but a little bland compared to the other games.

Castlevania POR is a great game. I need to look through my stuff and find so I can give it another go.

Switch:
SF II
NAM 1975

Genesis:
Ranger X

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Ps4
Warframe Yup. Still play

X1
Sega classics golden Axe. Had to play through this today for no particular reason.

Switch
Zelda. Only just starting to play this. Finished off first plateau today, heh

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
DS
Dragon Quest VI - it's starting to grow on me. Love the job system

GBA
Zelda Link to the Past
Fire Emblem - hard as balls to not lose anyone
Metroid Fusion

I've been spending so much time tweaking my cabs and testing a OSSC (which I'm thinking of selling...xrgb 3 forever !) that I've had little time to actually play anything, lol.

Hit me up if you want to do so. I tried ordering one and my zip code wasn't being recognized no matter what I did.

roger45

n00b

Nice, congratulations! I'm about to resume on this game.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Castlevania POR is a great game. I need to look through my stuff and find so I can give it another go.

Nice, congratulations! I'm about to resume on this game.

thanks. it's worth playing just to unlock richter mode alone which gives the game one of the best replay values ever. the whole game was a pleasant play through. definitely my favourite out of the ds games.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PS4:
Bloodborne - Haven't played through the game since around the time the DLC came out. Just finished with Rom, and have died a total of 31 times. But so far i have beaten all bosses (expect for Rom) either first try, or just dying once. I was pumped that i beat shadows of Yharnam first try and without them summoning the snakes.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
NES
- Duck Tales

Nintendo DS
- Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
- Insecticide
Action/point-and-click adventure hybrid set in a world of sentient bugs.
- Jambo! Safari Animal Rescue
Adaptation of Sega arcade game with more meat on its bones via an open world and missions. There's also some light pet sim elements as you can care for the critters you catch.
- James Bond 007: Blood Stone
3rd person shooter. The control takes a little getting used to as you aim on the touch screen and use the shoulder buttons and d-pad to fire and take/leave cover.
- Rollin' Rascals
Match-2 puzzle game where you roll the critters with the stylus.
- Shining Stars: Super Starcade
Cutesy mini game collection, set in a carnival, based on a line of stuffed animals that let you name a star (seriously) as part of your toy purchase.
- Shorts
Sidescrolling/platformer with light puzzle elements (finding keys, flipping switches, drawing platforms with the stylus), based on some movie I've never seen. Fighting the first boss is almost exactly the same as the first boss of Quake I (Chthon), except in 2D, but he's made out of snot instead of lava (you have to hit two buttons to lower electrodes, and a third to zap him)--somebody on the development team must have really loved Quake!
- Time Ace
3D update to Time Pilot. Kind of like Star Fox, gameplay-wise, but (ignoring the time travel) more grounded in reality.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
thanks. it's worth playing just to unlock richter mode alone which gives the game one of the best replay values ever. the whole game was a pleasant play through. definitely my favourite out of the ds games.

I enjoyed portrait of ruin but I remember hating a level involving clowns. Other than that it was a solid title.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
PS4- just bough Mass Effect Andromeda for $11.00. Probably going to start playing it tonight

DS- New Super Mario

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I enjoyed portrait of ruin but I remember hating a level involving clowns. Other than that it was a solid title.

i personally didn't like the layout of that level where the whole thing is a circle. but i always do enjoy facing off with the legion, which is the boss of that level.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS3 - Dark Souls 2, around 15 hours in. This is a lot easier than the first one, or Demon's souls for that matter.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star

I found and purchased a copy of Portrait of Ruin based on your post. I never played it before.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS3 - Dark Souls 2, around 15 hours in. This is a lot easier than the first one, or Demon's souls for that matter.
I've been playing this again but it's the PS4 version.Damn i'm stuck on the fume knight again :very_ang:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I found and purchased a copy of Portrait of Ruin based on your post. I never played it before.

that's great, mate. i'm playing through richter mode for the second time now. i would say the game is with in the top 3 metroidvania games in the series.