chris cornell dead at 52.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Brilliant voice. A damn shame if it was suicide. Feel terrible for his family and friends.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wow... and in the middle of a tour, just hours after a show.

I haven't dug too deep into his discography, but I've never heard anything I haven't loved or at least liked from him.

"You Know My Name" is probably my favorite James Bond theme.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
cornell the beagle is super displeased.

xKNavSt.jpg

heres one of my fav tracks:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Fuck, heard this just now. Why do the good ones keep dying? RIP.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
cornell the beagle is super displeased.

xKNavSt.jpg

heres one of my fav tracks:

Probably one of the best tunes ever used in a videogame, 3do Road Rash kicked ass on that front. I was so happy the first time I booted that game up and heard what they'd chosen.

Today was garbage at work, all I wanted to do was leave, go for a beer and listen to some of the mans music. Finally reached that point. Cheers Chris.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Euphoria Morning is beautiful, a masterpiece

Agreed. Any fan of his should definitely check that album out. Never ever listen to Scream. That album is horrible, maybe one or two ok songs on the whole album.

RIP. I'll definitely be listening to Superunknown, Bad Motorfinger, and Euphoria Morning today.

Anyone who likes Eupora Morning might want to check out the band Eleven. They produced the album and helped with songwriting as well.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Ugh, sucks. RIP, thanks for all the good tunes.

Watch out Eddie...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Agreed might want to check out the band Eleven. They produced the album and helped with songwriting as well.
Excellent will do. Euphoria Morning has a strong Jeff Buckley vibe in my opinion (Wave Goodbye is dedicated to him). Side story: Weiland's first solo outting is also by far his best and also really good (12 Bar Blues).

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Probably one of the best tunes ever used in a videogame, 3do Road Rash kicked ass on that front. I was so happy the first time I booted that game up and heard what they'd chosen.

Oh man... those cutscenes (and the music that accompanied them) were so awesome.

Last edited:

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
He was a real talent. Never into grunge much, but Badmotofinger was a GREAT album. Bummed out by this :crying:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I guess they're officially calling it a suicide now...how sad.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sound garden is what got me interested in playing the guitar. That opening riff for Outshined grabbed my attention then to hear his vocals over it made him instantly my favorite rock vocalist. I've enjoyed every presence in band he's been in. Even made a kick ass Bond theme song. One thing I'll miss is his covers. He did some awesome shit with them. That fucking U2/Metallica mashup as well as his Billie Jean cover had his flavor all over it. And I can never forget the vocal masterpiece of Sunshower.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
IIRC, "Shadow of the Sun" plays three separate times during Collateral. The sequence when it plays while Max finally turns the tables on Victor is one of my favorite scenes in any movie.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
oh goddammit :(

thats a hell of a bummer. Music has been losing a lot of greats this last couple of years

Marek

Banned
I just threw on an hours worth of cornell music at the bar and I'm getting drunk now.

Sad shit boys, sad shit.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I guess they're officially calling it a suicide now...how sad.
Yeah i seen it on the news earlier i didn't know chris was battling depression,very sad indeed.Superunknown was the album that got me listening to soundgarden.