Newest 4 Player Setup at home. Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle Special Version.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
So after a week trying to get the full 4 player enabled on this interface thanks to some useful information from a few dudes on here I finally got it working 100%. This fully changes up Kizuna Encounter and makes it soo much more fun to play! Very happy and fortunate to have this amazing piece of hardware at home. Next is to get some Jamma harness extenders and safley secure this inside of one of my cabs that it' being used on. My question is why did this not make it into actual production? Besides people saying it's rare and a prototype I would really love to find out some more actual information on this. Definitely looking forward to sharing this amazing experience with everyone that attends the next Neo Geo meet up in host!

-SD-

Camel Slug
That's really cool... I'd love to try this in person. Also liking the Chun Li skateboard.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
That's really cool... I'd love to try this in person. Also liking the Chun Li skateboard.

Thanks dude! It's a really awesome game especially in this form! Got the deck directly from a bro of mine, Jeremy Klien that owns Hook Ups skateboards. It's a re issue of one of his old pro model boards when he rode for Birdhouse skateboards. He's a really cool dude and also loves retro gaming. He actually worked for TTi in the early 90's also.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
oh man, that's awesome. I'd love to play Kizuna with 3 other people some day. please take a vid of this setup in action if you don't mind ;)

hope someone knowledgeable about the technical side of this will chime in too. at some point there were controller cables for sale on ebay (which I missed) that were supposed to allow playing Super Tag Battle with 4 peeps (albeit on one screen), but I haven't found documentation on how those worked yet - would be good enough for me.

Gotta love the experiments SNK got up to bitd (game play and hardware alike).

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So what happened with the Mario Jeremy Klien board? I bought one and skated the piss out of it not realizing it was going to get taken off the shelf.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
So what happened with the Mario Jeremy Klien board? I bought one and skated the piss out of it not realizing it was going to get taken off the shelf.

Wow dude that was wayyy back in the days! He had to quickly stop production of that Mario board, lol Nintendo was gonna sue his ass for using their licence'd characters. He recently re released a very limited run of that board. Lol He's a really rad dude, the first white boy Otaku gamer Asian fever having professional skateboarder back in 1991! He started Hook Ups Skateboard as a direct result of his heavily Asian influenced neighborhood where he grew up in the South Bay area of Los Angeles CA. I recently linked up with him and had him sign some of my TTi stuff he got to be a part of like the promotion and testing of Lords Of Thunder.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Here's a couple of things I had him sign for me including the Lords Of Thunder game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea, my favorite boards I ever had was the Klein Mario, Vallely Barnyard and Hensley King Size. I miss H-Street. My buddy had a Ron Allen board, that dude did the most insane one footed ollies I had ever seen.

Case in point.
Allen.png

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Yea, my favorite boards I ever had was the Klein Mario, Vallely Barnyard and Hensley King Size. I miss H-Street. My buddy had a Ron Allen board, that dude did the most insane one footed ollies I had ever seen.

Case in point.
View attachment 43937

Wow that's a sick looking one footed Ollie! The fact you even know the correct name for it truly puts you in the OG skateboarder book in my eyes! All those World Industry boards you mentioned above were soo epic! I still currently skate and still have a few skate sponsors.

Anyways here's a link to some demo footage of Kizuna Encounter Special Version In action! Lol My first impression on it as it happens for the first time! Lol Sorry if the link doesn't have a auto play on here, still learning how to link videos on here and other pages.

https://youtu.be/NKIxko3RLZ4

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome!!! Dynamite FTW!!!!

Hey, are you planning to set those boards behind for the meet? Perhaps get some jamma extenders?

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Awesome!!! Dynamite FTW!!!!

Hey, are you planning to set those boards behind for the meet? Perhaps get some jamma extenders?

Absolutely bro! This is the primary reason I had to get this rare little gem working properly. Gotta represent and provide the very best for my extended Neo Geo fam! I truly love hosting my meetups and tripping out my guest with all my upgrades every time. Keeps the hobby exciting and super fun for all! This next one should be really fun with my latest, 8 player League Bowling and 4 player Kizuna Super Tag Battles!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Kizuna being one of my fav Neo games I've wanted to pick up a 4P setup for it. Either the official one you've got or one of Turfy's if he ever does finish the re-vamp of his design.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Wow Kid Panda, you're really up on your og skateboarding knowledge I'm impressed.

G-tron that's a sick setup, I love how excited you got to see it working. It looks like it adds a whole new dimension to the game I can't wait to try it out sometime.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Wow Kid Panda, you're really up on your og skateboarding knowledge I'm impressed.

G-tron that's a sick setup, I love how excited you got to see it working. It looks like it adds a whole new dimension to the game I can't wait to try it out sometime.

Thanks bro! Still pretty stoked on it. Lol Yeah man it was the raddest Neo Geo moment for me for sure! It's complete game changer for no doubt! I'll be taking some footage of it with 4 people playing it soon, I'll be sure to post up the link once I do. If your ever in LA on vacation feel free to hit me up, maybe you can come by and try it out. Definitely a must play!

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
This is so cool, until these 4 player threads I never know the Neo was capable!

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
This is so cool, until these 4 player threads I never know the Neo was capable!

This 100% why the Neo Geo keeps me coming back for more. Always something unique and special with it. Born in 1990 and will forever keep blowing other hardware away with it's style function and class! Neo Geo For Life!