Who you going to vote for between Trump and Hillary?

Trump or Hillary?

• Trump

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • Hillary

Votes: 63 46.7%

• Total voters

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ya'all are really afraid of some immigrants who might commit terrorist acts? LOL.

This is America. I've never been truly afraid in this country, the richest and safest in the world. A part of that is due to being a suburbanite, white, educated, and middle class. But most of America lives in safety. I'm not going to let some zealots who worships a rock in a tyrants country scurr me.

PS: Freedom > Security

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
But do you fear that one of those immigrants will scream "PRAISE ALLAH" and blow himself and several americans up?

Or shoot up your favorite night club?

Do we really need to start citing crimes committed by Christian zealots? How many suicide bombing attacks have there been in America? Three? Four? And they all occurred on 9/11...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Ya'all are really afraid of some immigrants who might commit terrorist acts? LOL.

This is America. I've never been truly afraid in this country, the richest and safest in the world. A part of that is due to being a suburbanite, white, educated, and middle class. But most of America lives in safety. I'm not going to let some zealots who worships a rock in a tyrants country scurr me.

Man, I'd love to go to the places you do then. It's scumbags everywhere I see when I leave the house.

I think most people are more concerned with the cost burden of dumping a ton of non skilled labor into our...already not awesome pool of available non skilled work... I sure as hell don't feel like subsidizing anybody else's life.

I doubt anybody would object to bringing over Muslim doctors and tech workers. We could probably properly vet that group even I would imagine...

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
How about instead of bringing over more foreign nationals we invest in our own populace and train more doctors and engineers so we don't have to H1B them over.

I'm sure that their home countries need them more than we do.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

How does it hurt our freedom to keep these people out?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
How about instead of bringing over more foreign nationals we invest in our own populace and train more doctors and engineers so we don't have to H1B them over.

It's a noble goal, but it takes a long time to train doctors and engineers. Populations are growing and more people are old so more healthcare is required, and that means now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How does it hurt our freedom to keep these people out?

It's incumbent on you to prove why we should keep them out. That's how this works. I assert anything that doesn't harm our rights should be allowed.

How do these downtrodden folks violate my rights?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member

That should be a goal of ours as a country.

But, point being...to all these finger pointers yelling obnoxious buzz words at everybody... they need to relax and stop twisting peoples opinions.

I haven't heard anybody object to smart, useful and intelligent immigrants...people are pissed off at importing thousands of useless people who are taking out of our pot and not putting back into it.

It's not "xenophobia" to only admit the best immigrants into the country...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

I would also like to know how these folks negatively impact the lives of the average American person to the point where one deems it necessary to stop them from coming into our country.

I'm willing to bet that aside from throwing out numbers and stating examples of how it could affect their lives, that in the end it doesn't at all.

This is all just a flimsy pretext to cover someone's biases and prejudices.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's incumbent on you to prove why we should keep them out. That's how this works. I assert anything that doesn't harm our rights should be allowed.

I've already said why we should keep them out many times. I don't need to repeat myself. If you don't like my argument, fine... but you aren't offering any solutions. Same goes for Norton.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member

The hell you talking about?

We don't *have* to let anybody in...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've already said why we should keep them out many times. I don't need to repeat myself. If you don't like my argument, fine... but you aren't offering any solutions. Same goes for Norton.

Solution to what? Allowing refugees in is not a problem if done correctly.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I haven't heard anybody object to smart, useful and intelligent immigrants

I think you need to reread the prior 482 posts to yours.

It's even just been said in the very post you are replying to.

StevenK

10 Year Member

If I had to pick a bone with Norton it would be this. It's easy to point out potential problems in people's solutions but it's only fair to at least have a stab at offering an occasional alternative.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I think you need to reread the prior 482 posts to yours.

It's even just been said in the very post you are replying to.

Let's see where everybody in here draws their line then...

Everybody who flat out objects to any and all muslim, mexican, whatever, immigration...post up.

Everybody who's a-okay with work trained and useful, skilled and vetted Muslim or mexican immigrants...post up.

I really doubt most people are against useful people coming here. I find this perception by the left that everybody on the right is anti immigration to be complete crap...

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Immigration should be difficult, but not impossible. It should never be free movement. People don't appreciate what they get for free.

I'm fine with skilled immigration, but we shouldn't have to rely on it too heavily, as it takes valuable people away from their home countries as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Their "home" country?

lol

People have NO choice where they are born. Why should they be forced to live in some shit hole they were born in by happenstance?

StevenK

10 Year Member
I really doubt most people are against useful people coming here. I find this perception by the left that everybody on the right is anti immigration to be complete crap...

I agree, but you did say anybody, rather than everybody or even most people, and you asked for objections to skilled immigration, which relying on it too heavily and it taking people away from their home countries are.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Immigration should be difficult, but not impossible. It should never be free movement. People don't appreciate what they get for free.

I'm fine with skilled immigration, but we shouldn't have to rely on it too heavily, as it takes valuable people away from their home countries as well.

Immigration should actually not be difficult. But it should be rational.

We have a healthcare system that cannot take everyone in the world at a discount. The same applies for England, Canada, Sweden, etc. if you want to immigrate somewhere, I think you should be able to without a lot of hurdles, but to do so you need to start paying into the system with taxes.

Otherwise, these imaginary lines are really silly.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Their "home" country?

lol

People have NO choice where they are born. Why should they be forced to live in some shit hole they were born in by happenstance?

Duf if America opened up its borders to anyone and everyone the whole world would want to move to America. America is #1.

This is what happens when you have an incredibly lax immigration policy: https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/4jo0op/dear_trudeau_please_tax_the_shit_out_of_foreign/

I used to agree with you on this issue but have changed my mind in the past few years. I still think charging $135 for a passport is bullshit though.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Proof of what?

http://truthvoice.com/2015/09/68-mi...minal-records-more-than-population-of-france/

One in four americans have a criminal record. Now I'm not saying all Americans are bad people. But enough them are where it is concerning etc etc etc

Point being it's nothing like as black and white as you seem to think.

Edit - seem to want to think, more importantly

Specially for STEVENK .... directly from the UK :

Enjoy your cultural enrichment.

Europe is doing great at the moment :

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ok, say we institute one of these Muslim bans or a ban on immigrants from Muslim countries (which would include non-muslim victims of Jihad).
Can you guarantee me that the number of American lives saved by not letting in the 1/300,000 jihadi will be a net positive over the number of American lives that would have been saved by Muslim Immigrant medical professionals?

And since you talk about culture, the Medical Sciences is a part of Muslim history and culture. Such are ingrained in the Quran, Hadith and history of Islam.

1 in 300,000 is one hell of a benefit of a doubt. Good god, that return is incredible.. You do realize many Muslims can't even read right? If Islam takes major root, you will just be a kafir in that society. You can sit here and 'hug it out' or you can just get real and call it what it is. A dumb or bad risk to a society, with regressive consequences. Islam is like inviting 1400's war mentality into your country. I don't think we need regressive ideals in a society where gay rights are finally getting a voice, and as a person with Jewish freinds, I don't want that bullshit here.

Here is a good propaganda site. Let's take a good old look at events of just this last month.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Man, I'd love to go to the places you do then. It's scumbags everywhere I see when I leave the house.

I think most people are more concerned with the cost burden of dumping a ton of non skilled labor into our...already not awesome pool of available non skilled work... I sure as hell don't feel like subsidizing anybody else's life.

I doubt anybody would object to bringing over Muslim doctors and tech workers. We could probably properly vet that group even I would imagine...

All developed nations need unskilled immigration. This is a simple fact.

And a lot of your first and second generation immigrant doctors and engineers came here without those skilled degrees and training.

1 in 300,000 is one hell of a benefit of a doubt. Good god, that return is incredible.. You do realize many Muslims can't even read right? If Islam takes major root, you will just be a kafir in that society. You can sit here and 'hug it out' or you can just get real and call it what it is. A dumb or bad risk to a society, with regressive consequences. Islam is like inviting 1400's war mentality into your country. I don't think we need regressive ideals in a society where gay rights are finally getting a voice, and as a person with Jewish freinds, I don't want that bullshit here.

That is if you believe all that.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I had to pick a bone with Norton it would be this. It's easy to point out potential problems in people's solutions but it's only fair to at least have a stab at offering an occasional alternative.

The solution here is pretty simple.
Stop living in fear of the boogeymen and embrace multiculturalism.