Xbox One S now releasing on August 2nd!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
https://majornelson.com/2016/07/18/xbox-one-s-arrives-august-2/

Major Nelson said:
Last month, we revealed a new member of the Xbox One family, the Xbox One S. Today, weæ±♥e pleased to announce that the highly-anticipated 2TB Xbox One S launch edition will begin hitting shelves in select regions on August 2. That means that all pre-orders will arrive on August 2 and, for those of you that haven稚 yet, you can still pre-order a 2TB Xbox One S launch edition through microsoftstore.com and select retailers. Availability is limited and demand is high so you値l want to check with your local retailer for more information and pre-order your console soon.

Hey, nearly a month sooner than initially announced. :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's pretty impressive, I had no idea they were coming so soon.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Damn, $399.

At least it has that 2TB drive. About time.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Too rich for my blood as well, but when the prices start coming down a bit I might bite. That is a sexy machine.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If I hadn't bought my One last Black Friday I'd buy it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In all honesty, I don't want an S as much as I want someone to sell or trade me the original model for a crackhead price.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well, I'm dying for some 4k gaming, scaled or not. I have an external 4k scaler that doesn't look all too bad, but the input lag it introduces only makes it good for games like RPGs when my main interest is Fighters/shmups. The internal scaling of the ONE S shouldn't introduce lag.

#1stworldcountryissues

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
In all honesty, I don't want an S as much as I want someone to sell or trade me the original model for a crackhead price.

sheeeeeett..

last i looked, my local pawn shop had them for like $125 and still couldn't sell them.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
sheeeeeett..

last i looked, my local pawn shop had them for like $125 and still couldn't sell them.

I picked up Blazblue (and DOA5 as an impulse buy) and I'll DL MOTW. Xbox one doesn't have much of an offering compared to PS4, I'll agree.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I honestly love my Xbox. It plays the games I can't get on my PC and plays the few 360 games I have left.

But honestly, if you're in the market for a uhd player and you don't buy this, you're making a mistake.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
so are any stores offering a trade-in/up deal?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Looks like Gamestop's trade in value for a One is a whopping $100. I'll match that!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This one has the same processor as the original XB1, correct?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, hardware wise it's identical to the original, just smaller and support for 4k blurays and videos. Next year's Scorpio is going to be the improved unit.