Most underrated Neo game

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
After revisiting Sengoku recently, I feel like it is one of the most underrated games on the Neo. I thoroughly enjoy playing it and feel like it never got the credit it deserved. Definitely one of the most underrated Neo games.

Agree? Disagree? What do you guys think is the most underrated Neo game?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Sengoku? Disagree. Like most series, it got better with its sequels. 1 isn't that great.

My pick is Street Hoop. It can be easily overlooked as a poor man's NBA JAM (or the Neo version, if you prefer), but damn is it fun.

Others I've heard is NTM and MIE, but I've only spent a little time with them, so I can't say yay or nay.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sengoku is not an underrated game at all. It's just not a very good game.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think the neo library is small enough and old enough that anyone can take the time to appreciate all the games and there are no under rated titles or hidden gems anymore.

But clearly it is that snes port, Ninja Master's.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Probably any King of Fighters game that isn't '98 or 2002. Everyone loves to overlook the other entries because they don't have as many characters. I find sometimes, the other entries are quality over quantity.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I always liked the rock, paper, scissors, "fighting" game on ADK World.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I wouldn't say it's underrated because almost everybody I see talking about it has nothing but good things to say, but I feel like Waku Waku 7 doesn't get enough attention. I think it's a top five game on the platform.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't generally see a lot of love for or hear about the Last Blade series outside of the Neo Geo community. That's pretty criminal to me.

3 Count Bout isn't as bad as people say it is. Its fun with friends, very comparable to Wrestlefest in my opinion. Just a button masher.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'd probably say Nam 75, gets alot of shit for the difficulty & final boss. But it was the 1st Neo game and imo a great one at that.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Neo Geo cup 98. A bit campy but a lot of fun especially in 2p. Cheap as chips too.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
I really like Blue's Journey, and I hardly ever see people mention Fatal Fury 3. That game is a great predecessor to Real Bout, it really sent the series in the right direction

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'm going to say real bout 1. i love the recreation of the first fatal fury game that goes on here. it may not look as good as the other real bout games, but it does play as good. and that cover art, bad ass geese :buttrock:

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
whats that?

Money Idol Exchanger. Pretty fun take on the standard vs puzzle format games on the neo.

Neo Drift Out is a pretty over-looked game imo, and always fun for a quick round.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I don't know that it's underrated, people generally think of it as a classic on the system. I think it gets the praise it deserves.

Well, tbh i never really heard it mentioned much. Seemed to me it was considered a cheaper/ filler game for a very long time to alot but i love it myself. Never heard how much someone enjoyed "playing it" not collecting it.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Quest of Jongmaster would be one I'd consider underrated but then there are not many mahjong neo fans out there.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
v-liner

On another note, it would have been cool if other big game companies had other companies develop gambling type games on their systems. Was there a specific reason that the NG was used to create games such as v-liner? Was it just a cheap and compact option? Why not a CPS-2 one?

Last edited: