Whats the name of that snes action rpg?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Went to play illusion of gaia today, or what i thought was issusion of gaia. I must have a game mixed up with it. Im looking for an action rpg on snes. The main character looks veey similar to the main character from lagoon. But he has a blue or maybe a black cape, and the graphics are nuch better than lagoon. Hopefully that helps. I could have swore it was illusion of gaia\time, but after playing that today i think i never actually played it before. Which is sad cause it seems solid.

Its not...

Illusion of gaia
Spike mcfang
Zelda
Lagoon

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Prolly
SoulBlaze or Terranigma or Brandish

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Went to play illusion of gaia today, or what i thought was issusion of gaia. I must have a game mixed up with it. Im looking for an action rpg on snes. The main character looks veey similar to the main character from lagoon. But he has a blue or maybe a black cape, and the graphics are nuch better than lagoon. Hopefully that helps. I could have swore it was illusion of gaia\time, but after playing that today i think i never actually played it before. Which is sad cause it seems solid.

Its not...

Illusion of gaia
Spike mcfang
Zelda
Lagoon

You can change characters later in illusion of gaia... and one of them has a cape...

check about 20:00 in:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ark in Terranigma sports a red cape when you're outside cities/dungeons. Does it look like this?

Dungeon gameplay:

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Maybe it is gaia but later in game. I use to own it years ago but didnt invest time in it. The guy did have a long cape and long hair. But i am pretty certain he could jump. And you saved at statues. I remember being on a mountain and jumping around. It eas completely overhead view like zelda. Maybe i owned the game but loaded up a previous save already on the cart but late in the game. Guess i will just play gaia as it seems fun and see if its it.

I know it was an american game cart i owned.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Maybe this pic will look familiar? It's certainly a black cape.

isnes_IllusionofGaia_swordstatue2.png

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Maybe this pic will look familiar? It's certainly a black cape.

isnes_IllusionofGaia_swordstatue2.png

The other character, Shadow(?), is shades of blue, but he's supposed to be more of an apparition.

I haven't played IoG in so long. Such a fantastic game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I haven't played IoG in so long. Such a fantastic game.

All Quintet games are gorgeous and what I did not initially know, there's another one under a different name: The Granstream Saga on the PS1 developed by Shade a/k/a Quintet after the Enix era. Excellent anime cut scenes, a true action-adventure gameplay and the smoothest 60fps -- no other action-adventure/RPG offers you this luxury on a 5th gen console.

I highly recommend it, if you haven't tried it already.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was also going to say terranigma. what a wonderful game that was. i'm going to go ahead and put it on my need to play next list.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't think it's Secret of Mana, because the only caped character in the game is Jema and he's an NPC you only see a few times.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Definitely not secret of mana. I think it may be gaia after all .

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
when I try to remember a snes game... its Blackthorne
my friend would shoot the guys in the cells

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
BLACKTHORNE!
Yes. So many good memories.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
snes-brandish-cart.jpg

s-l300.jpg

181648.jpg

(Has action elements but battles are turned based)

s-l400.jpg

soul_blazer_cart_us.jpg