Star Fox Zero

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Everyone here has masturbated to some furry shit at least once, but we don't post it here. That's the difference.

woah man, i dont know about you but i have never gotten off on furries.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Never heard of this Jim guy. His review is full of the cliched shit-shitty-whip-my-dick-out-shitty dialogue that seems to be the norm for video game reviewers these days. Thanks, Angry Video Game Nerd... You didn't create that mentality, and maybe you only mock it, but now we live in a world of ASS-SHIT-ASS!

Anyway, simple truth time: I don't have time to put up with games that might be OK if time is sunk into them. There is just too much else in this life I'd rather spend time doing than getting upset at a fox in an airwing on the television because he's not doing what I want him to do. I mean, that isn't a good use of a Saturday.

So, as I get older, I'm more than willing to toss experiences I may have sunk more time into as a kid and really enjoyed, because... I would rather just go out and do other things, or watch one of the movies on my huge backlog, or just do something that doesn't stress me out. There are countless numbers of killer titles I could pick up right now and play that I haven't sunk any time in. I'm not going to use the few hours of gaming I can spare on anything mediocre.

That's basically it. Star Fox Zero isn't horrible, it's just mediocre, and that's not good enough for me.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jim Sterling is this guy. He can be wildly immature at times, but he does a pretty good job of calling bullshit on those who deserve it (his adventures with Digital Homicide are pretty amazing in all the worst ways).

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'm tired of Nintendo having to slap a gimmick on all of their hardware and games, it just feels forced at this point. Too bad they couldn't have added a pro controller scheme for player 1, I bet Miyamoto basically forced them into this shit as well.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I guess people take to different control schemes in their own ways. I've been really enjoying the game and after the tutorial plus a little bit of the first mission I didn't have any problem with the setup. I love Star Fox and this one has just been a fun game for me. Only played a tiny bit of Star Fox Guard but I am also liking it's strange cross of tower defense and Five Nights at Freddy's.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm tired of Nintendo having to slap a gimmick on all of their hardware and games, it just feels forced at this point. Too bad they couldn't have added a pro controller scheme for player 1, I bet Miyamoto basically forced them into this shit as well.

Yep, could have been great if it had a Pro Control Scheme as an option but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Wii're revolutionary!

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So why is there a pro controller pictured on the back of the box as the controllers it supports? Is that for player 2 only?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So is player two dependent on player 1 or can you continue playing without them if they die?

I think it's like Battle Clash and Metal Combat except it makes absolutely no fucking sense.

So, both players are very much dependent on each other. One flies, and the other aims and shoots.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I haven't even played the game yet, saw some footage and after reading all the impressions on the shit controls...I'm returning this POS tomorrow!

Spend that money on Dark Souls III

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So why is there a pro controller pictured on the back of the box as the controllers it supports? Is that for player 2 only?

Wow, that's pretty darn deceptive. Nintendo has had a long history of forcing gimmicks. I remember when Zelda Twighlight Princess came out, you had to choose widescreen but but wiimote on the wii, or 4:3 but play with a normal controller on Gamecube. Another game in which there was no real reason to exclude the classic controller.
I ended up buying the gamecube version. :annoyed:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wish I gotten the GC version of ZTP but I got the re-release, it allows for Pro Controller all the way, so I'm ok with that. The wii just pissed me off with the waggle waggle. I didn't know you can play it with the GC controller, I'd give it a shot. I solely got the WiiU re-release 'cause of the Pro Controller

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I watched a vid of one level, an all-range level, Section B I think...they're all out in outer space and then a huge ship approaches and fires a megablast, Fox goes inside the opening, turns off the shield generator, then Corneria's fleet blows it all to hell. All that combined with the pilot chatter I recall fondly really left me with a good impression, I would've enjoyed playing that level at least. If I had a Wii U I'd still pick up this game; I mean, what appears to be the main problem here are the controls, right? I haven't heard people complain about much else, just the controls.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I got a chance to sit and play the real first level and not the interactive demo. Holy shit are the controls awful. Trying to shoot those spider things is almost impossible. Also listening to Slippy tell me to use motion controls is super annoying.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I finally picked this game up (and for under $20). I have a Toys R Us card (lol) which gives you 10% off all purchases on Thursdays and also had $40 in rewards dollars.

Unfortunately, I can't find my Wii U. I think its at my mom's house hehe.

Will try and pick it up this weekend and finally play through the game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I returned mine, got a gift card...dunno if to get DSIII or wait for Nioh...1st world problems...