Star Fox Zero

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm not ready to write this one off yet.

As bad as the controls might be, I am going to try and be optimistic about it and say that with practice and focus, the game will be playable and the source material is near/dear enough to me that it will be enjoyable too.

It's not a very good analogy, but I will liken it to NES games or something - if I had written off Ninja Gaiden or Battletoads because they were too tough, then I would have missed out. Yeah I know the control didn't suck on those games - but I just meant with practice and focus they turned out to be great experiences.

Hopefully trying to master the controls in the new Starfox game will ultimately lead to a worthwhile experience too.

Besides, I need a break from Killer Instinct anyway...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm on the fence still, haven't decided if I wanna return it yet or not.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I feel like the last few games I picked up on Wii u just sat there(yoshis wooly world and Kirby) I mean they're not bad games, I just would rather play other things... makes me now want to buy games for the U anymore.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Eh, I think I wanted to like Star Fox Zero more than the game wanted me to like Star Fox Zero. Back from whence it came... :scratch:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yoshi's was pretty good, I beat it co-op with the GF.

I loved Yoshi's Woolly World. Everything about it. Even just putting random Amiibos on it to get weird patterns was fun. Not sure why that game got the mediocre reception it received from reviewers. Definitely a better game than Star Fox Zero turned out to be. I don't know... I'm starting to think Star Fox needs a major reboot for the next game. Just a minor update to 64 isn't going to cut it these days. Especially with the wobbly control scheme they forced on it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I loved the palette swapping, I felt the game played pretty solid, a tad on the easy side but perfect for casuals and laid back co-op. Better than New Yoshi's Island for 3DS. I also enjoyed Epic Yarn, great Co-Op as well.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Got a free minute to play this some today. The controls are way better then I though they would be after reading these comments. Only played through training and the first level but I really like it so far. Apparently if you have the amiibos you can unlock different ships but I don't have any :-/ is it worth buying one to try the different ships? I think they are still like 13 bucks. On a side not I did pickup the NES humble bundle today some great games in it if you haven't done so yet.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Got a free minute to play this some today. The controls are way better then I though they would be after reading these comments. Only played through training and the first level but I really like it so far. Apparently if you have the amiibos you can unlock different ships but I don't have any :-/ is it worth buying one to try the different ships? I think they are still like 13 bucks. On a side not I did pickup the NES humble bundle today some great games in it if you haven't done so yet.

Star Fox Zero didn't click for me, but the Nintendo Humble Bundle is a steal. Got that for some 3DS/Wii U love.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm bummed to hear Zero's a dud. I still wanna play it, and I wonder if the controls make the game a love it or hate it deal, like with Gunvalkyrie or P.N.03.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm bummed to hear Zero's a dud. I still wanna play it, and I wonder if the controls make the game a love it or hate it deal, like with Gunvalkyrie or P.N.03.

Initial impressions (only two levels in now) is get it. I bought mine from Amazon prime so they give you 20% off so it's only 47.99 and came with a second game. They tried shipping mine way later then they should and I sent them a message about it so they gave me another 15% off of that price so for the money I'm feeling satisfied. The controls are not that bad especially after I learned to reset the reticle by pressing the left stick. Honestly motion control shooting does give you a great level of control when chasing certain enemies. Now if I get to the end of the game and it's a total shit show trying to aim I'll edit my post out and tell you not to buy it :-) but for right now it's good stuff.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
received it from Amazon early morning release day had a few hours with it the first night and really enjoyed most of the game play but was shocked that like the 64 it was a just a retelling of the SNES game again. The next night I found my self increasing frustrated with the forced cockpit aiming system, but by the 3rd day I was replaying through the whole game again and got used to the controls. Is it the best StarFox game ? IMO no. The visuals are great and the retelling of the same story again is forgivable but the incredibly short amount of game time is disappointing, as for the switching of vehicles normally I don't mind this type of game mechanic but the gyro mode levels are completely useless when by the end of the game you can perform the same tasks (hacking) with the walker.

Im glad I bought it as id much rather play this than another FPS with new skin or a throw away 3rd person

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
No more gay shit ResO, thanks.

Fine, fine. You may love Star Fox, but I love Star Fox. I was just contributing~

80ee269e484b4bbf43ba7b3016bd271e.png

:emb:

Setsuna1982

World Her,

You can unlock all the amiibo bonuses if you get all the medals of the game or something like that, but you can definitely unlock those extras without amiibos

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
G4: Would you like to do another Star Fox game?

Dylan Cuthbert: (Laughter) After Command? Uhh, not yet. Maybe in another 10 years. I’ve made three.

G4: Well there hasn’t been one for the Wii yet…

Cuthbert: The problem with that is that it’d be a big project, like 100 people on the staff. It’s just not something we really want to do. I’m sure someone will make it. Maybe they’ll go back to Namco.

G4: I hope not, personally. (laughs) I’d rather you did it.

Cuthbert: Well, maybe in the future, you never know. Star Fox is an interesting brand. It has a very hardcore audience. People like those furries a little too much. (laughs)

Sorry Lonesage, they know their audience. ;)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everyone here has masturbated to some furry shit at least once, but we don't post it here. That's the difference.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Everyone here has masturbated to some furry shit at least once, but we don't post it here. That's the difference.

You yiffy lil' devil, you.

Anyway, If they would have made a special edition console bundle I would have picked this up in a heartbeat. Otherwise, not really in a hurry to pick up a Wii U again, my launch console sat around collecting dust for too long. Maybe the NX or whatever it's called will be BC with U games.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
You yiffy lil' devil, you.

Anyway, If they would have made a special edition console bundle I would have picked this up in a heartbeat. Otherwise, not really in a hurry to pick up a Wii U again, my launch console sat around collecting dust for too long. Maybe the NX or whatever it's called will be BC with U games.

I have a suspicion that Zero will be easy to obtain in the foreseeable future, but Guard will be that rare physical version that collectards snap up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So the game sucks...ok what about the Guard game, wtf is it about?

Im glad I bought it as id much rather play this than another FPS with new skin or a throw away 3rd person

I'd love to hear what you consider a "throw away 3rd person", lol.