Comcept Gone Totally Silent On Mighty no.9

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So the last Kickstarter update for MN9 was on JAN. 25 2016. Basically it stated there was a 3rd hold on the game to fix network and engine compatibility issues and that the game would be released spring 2016. Since that time Comcept has not posted any updates or contacted any of their backers. when I logged into the kickstarter there is a torrent of post from backers stating that all emails, messages and other attempts of communication with Comcept have failed. At this point most people feel the game will never come out and if it does will be mediocre at best. Lots of speculation is going on including rumors that Capcom is somehow pressuring Comcept to withhold the game for one reason or another. Even their Facebook is completely silent on their end. Sad but i don't think this one will end well.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is why I gave up on kickstarters long ago. Always some bullshit EVERY TIME.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This is why I gave up on kickstarters long ago. Always some bullshit EVERY TIME.
This was my second Kickstarter. The first one was for Blinking Light Win and that went pretty smooth and was happy with the end result. This one is just a damn nightmare though.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Yeah this was my first Kick, I was super excited the day Inafune announced it and really felt I should support this like I would any other independent artist in the hopes that this would be the slow start to seeing more creators go indie and start up small companies but it seemed to only encourage more "cyber begging" and I believe the game will be released and probably be quite good but the excitement has died off for me. I personally don't understand why they sacrificed releasing on time to inplace networking options that personally I don't care for one bit in a platform game. I got my silly shirt and hope I get the Art book as I love Art books in general but at this point I think No9 and Shenmue will be my only two Kickstarted games ever.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This was my second Kickstarter. The first one was for Blinking Light Win and that went pretty smooth and was happy with the end result. This one is just a damn nightmare though.

Well, consider the source... Quan is a good guy and he made a simple yet awesome product in the BLW.

A bunch of these other dudes are 'fly by night', promising the world and failing to meet deadlines or not delivering fully on their product.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing for kickstarter is dont hold anyone to an estimated anything. A lot of the things I've backed have gone longer than estimated by far but I still got my stuff. Only been ripped off once, and now two years later that asshole is finally handing out refunds.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
At least we got some good games out of it.
But damn, I'm really glad I din't back this one up.
Inti Creates is on their second Azure Striker game while Comcept can't even finish one.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Social Justice Warriors and feminists killed interest in this game. Comcept hired a community manager that tried to push her agenda on the game and what's going on now is the result.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Long periods of silence can be common with Kickstarters. Do remember most of the companies making games via Kickstarters are hanging by a thread. They might not have time to post updates, or be unable to because they're waiting for certain deals to fall into place and can't talk until they do.

Do remember, you are donating money to help someone kickstart their product. This isn't a preorder, and anything that has a physical product involved can take years to get done.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Secretly part of me hopes Comcept doesn't deliver. This is one of kickstarters golden eggs and too see it fail will hopefully put an end to this blind kickstarter faith everyone has.

xorthen

Banned
This is crazy shit. I hope that Bloodstained Ritual of the Night doesn't have the same fate.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
This is crazy shit. I hope that Bloodstained Ritual of the Night doesn't have the same fate.

Bloodstained is the only project I have put money into and at the moment there seems to be regular, almost monthly updates, so hopefully the same won't happen. I'm expecting delays (what project ever runs on time?), but I'd be happy with an update here and there to give a reason at least.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You should never expect an indie game to be on time. These kickstarters usually run 1-2 years late. Get used to it.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I dropped $100 on the Double Fine Adventure KS, and they STILL haven't sent me my fucking physical game or documentary.

I got a shitty T-Shirt, poster, and digital copy of the game.

Crowdfunding is a gamble, and not having publishers to Quality Control and enforce deadlines is death for a creative project run entirely by creative people.
They need structure and an outside eye to tell them "Yes, your artistic work you poured all your time into sucks. Try again."

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Secretly part of me hopes Comcept doesn't deliver. This is one of kickstarters golden eggs and too see it fail will hopefully put an end to this blind kickstarter faith everyone has.

Blind faith? Backers seem to never have faith, if there's no regular updates people go apeshit.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Blind faith? Backers seem to never have faith, if there's no regular updates people go apeshit.

And yet those same people will up and throw money at every other KS that piques their interest as well....

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
And yet those same people will up and throw money at every other KS that piques their interest as well....

Those are the same people that like to remind you that they 'invested' in your company when the tos specifically states that's not what's happening.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I don't buy a 6 pack of tube socks without reading a few verified reviews. People throw money at anyone with a "cool" idea. Fuck that noise. Well talk when you're product is done. Go get a business to back your shit like everyone else.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Social Justice Warriors and feminists killed interest in this game. Comcept hired a community manager that tried to push her agenda on the game and what's going on now is the result.

Can you expand on this? I actually want to play the game but the lack of info and delays is starting to turn me off.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's not a preorder, and you are not entitled to anything. Keep that in mind for all kickstarters.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This. I skipped this Kickstarter because I didn't have a good feeling about it; it seemed to be more about Capcom screwing over the Mega Man creator than the need for a game, as MM9 and MM10 kept the format afloat to a certain extent. I think MN9 will come out eventually, but I'm not sure it'll be anywhere near as good as MM9 was.

In the case of other Kicks/Indiegogos, I'm in on Bloodstained and Indivisible because the format in both cases is nearly dead except for obscure indy titles. In the case of Bloodstained, it's already worth it for me if the people involved with SOTN simply attempt to create a new 2D game. Take my money! In the case of Indivisible, it's a foregone conclusion that there won't be a true 2D sequel to VP1 and the best we can get at this point is a spiritual successor. (S-E hinted that there will be another major Valkryie Profile release, but the only thing on the horizon is a recently announced phone game called Anatomia of all things. Shades of SNKP.)

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
This. I skipped this Kickstarter because I didn't have a good feeling about it; it seemed to be more about Capcom screwing over the Mega Man creator than the need for a game, as MM9 and MM10 kept the format afloat to a certain extent. I think MN9 will come out eventually, but I'm not sure it'll be anywhere near as good as MM9 was.

In the case of other Kicks/Indiegogos, I'm in on Bloodstained and Indivisible because the format in both cases is nearly dead except for obscure indy titles. In the case of Bloodstained, it's already worth it for me if the people involved with SOTN simply attempt to create a new 2D game. Take my money! In the case of Indivisible, it's a foregone conclusion that there won't be a true 2D sequel to VP1 and the best we can get at this point is a spiritual successor. (S-E hinted that there will be another major Valkryie Profile release, but the only thing on the horizon is a recently announced phone game called Anatomia of all things. Shades of SNKP.)

Yup... I backed them two also...

And its the kind of thing where I have almost forgotten about them...

They'll show up in the mail one day, and I'll be all "oh, that's nice"

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I don't buy a 6 pack of tube socks without reading a few verified reviews. People throw money at anyone with a "cool" idea. Fuck that noise. Well talk when you're product is done. Go get a business to back your shit like everyone else.

This is what Ron Perlman said about People asking for a Kickstarter Hellboy 3, I agree with you both. I did fund No9 outta a want to support an artist but since then the sheer amount of any artistic medium asking for crowd funding is insane, I've self financed a few ventures at this point and I don't think ill ever ask for a hand in any future ones.