N64 Games Hacked To Remove Blurry Graphics Via Action Replay Or Flash Carts

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
One of my best pals was all about Turok 2, lol. I was torture for me but I played 'cause he loved it. I prefer Goldeneye but I'm not big into console FPS so my opinion is biased.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
'cause they're love for N64 goes only behind close curtains and they gotta keep their rep untarnished, lol.

They're like those closet cases who show up to protest gay rights with "God hates fags" signs.

Deep down these people crave Mario 64 and Goldeneye.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
If the AA removal helps kill the low framerate in the turok games it would be magic.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I loved Turok so much, but I mostly played the PC version. You could turn off the fog!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Anyone who thinks GoldenEye is still a good game needs to take off their Rose colored glasses for a second. It was a great game for its time and certainly brought the genre into the console mainstream, but come on. The game looks awful and plays just as bad.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Anyone who thinks GoldenEye is still a good game needs to take off their Rose colored glasses for a second. It was a great game for its time and certainly brought the genre into the console mainstream, but come on. The game looks awful and plays just as bad.

You should give Goldeneye X a try. Modders ported the Goldeneye multiplayer to the updated Perfect Dark engine; it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Turok was one of the best parts of that console gen, I loved it, and I still do. Though nowadays, has any Turok fan in this thread checked out the latest PC remaster? It's pretty much a the exact same game, but with mild touch ups (now supporting widescreen, 60fps, all that fun stuff, with full controller support as well) Having this version, There's no need to play the N64 version. Allegedly a similar remaster of Turok 2 is due out sometime, and THAT, I'm stoked for. That game has some of the best weapons ever in an FPS. If you disagree, I'm going to assume you've never used the Cerebral Bore.

Check it on Steam;
http://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/

or GOG if you hate DRM.
https://www.gog.com/game/turok

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why do people who don't like the N64 always read threads about the N64? Fuckin wankers.

The the thread title makes it sound like they found a way to improve the N64 graphics.

Which, aside from the dismal library, was the N64's major shortfall. So I was curious.

But nope, graphics not better. Just a different kind of terrible.

Deep down these people crave Mario 64 and Goldeneye.
Mario64 is a legitimately great game. It still holds up today as an all-time classic. GoldenEye is shit, though.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
The the thread title makes it sound like they found a way to improve the N64 graphics.

Which, aside from the dismal library, was the N64's major shortfall. So I was curious.

But nope, graphics not better. Just a different kind of terrible.

Mario64 is a legitimately great game. It still holds up today as an all-time classic. GoldenEye is shit, though.

The idea of removing the AAing while does help the graphics for the time look a lot better since you're not looking at so much vaseline smeared all over the screen. Well and the fact that some games have even picked up a decent spike in the frame rate is just a very nice unexpected bonus to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of the system myself but it's nice to see how some of these games look now without that blurry shit smeared all over it.

You don't have to like the system SouthtownKid but can you at least acknowledge the fact that some people here do? You're coming off too much of an ass. lol

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

yeah i certainly cant argue with this. the game was dated by the time perfect dark came out

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You don't have to like the system SouthtownKid but can you at least acknowledge the fact that some people here do? You're coming off too much of an ass. lol
People can like the system. There are still a few games on the console that I LOVE. I am 100% sure that I will someday play Mario64 or the two 64 Zeldas again, although I will more likely play the Zeldas again on 3DS. But I'm not going to stay quiet when some idiot douchebag says this somehow "proves the staying power of the console." That was completely fucking asinine.

This is an interesting little curiosity, but it doesn't signal some kind of resurgence of interest in playing a bunch of old games which mostly haven't aged well at all. N64 remains by far the worst console Nintendo ever produced, is the console that single-handedly dropped Nintendo from almost uncontested first place to almost unarguably last place, and it deserves to be remembered that way. It's the console where Nintendo ceased being the industry leader and developed their reputation of ignoring all legitimate criticisms and complaints from discerning fans and staying the course no matter how clearly they were on the wrong path, being left behind by companies that had never even made a fucking console before. It's also the console that created the self image among diehard fans that they were some kind of counter-culture underdogs, even though the company they were supporting is like the McDonalds of video games. And that's the kind of nonsense that created douchebags like the "staying power" guy I quoted.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
People can like the system. There are still a few games on the console that I LOVE. I am 100% sure that I will someday play Mario64 or the two 64 Zeldas again, although I will more likely play the Zeldas again on 3DS. But I'm not going to stay quiet when some idiot douchebag says this somehow "proves the staying power of the console." That was completely fucking asinine.

This is an interesting little curiosity, but it doesn't signal some kind of resurgence of interest in playing a bunch of old games which mostly haven't aged well at all. N64 remains by far the worst console Nintendo ever produced, is the console that single-handedly dropped Nintendo from almost uncontested first place to almost unarguably last place, and it deserves to be remembered that way. It's the console where Nintendo ceased being the industry leader and developed their reputation of ignoring all legitimate criticisms and complaints from discerning fans and staying the course no matter how clearly they were on the wrong path, being left behind by companies that had never even made a fucking console before. It's also the console that created the self image among diehard fans that they were some kind of counter-culture underdogs, even though the company they were supporting is like the McDonalds of video games. And that's the kind of nonsense that created douchebags like the "staying power" guy I quoted.

When I saw Crusin' USA and KI in the arcade, and they touted the "Ultra 64" logo I was dead-set on getting the N64. When I saw the Crusin' port it made me sad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn, that reads hateful STK. Nintendo the McDonalds of video games, lol, hardly. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy and I agree that ever since the N64 it hasn't been the same. I dunno why they've chosen this path. Nintendo seems more bent on being "innovative" than objective when it comes to making new systems. I feel they rather produce gimmicky hardware over traditional stuff. The SNES was a great system, great controls, it looked awesome, the first time I saw the N64 controller I was in a state of WTF, same happened with the Gamecube and of course the Wii. IS like they're more concerned about appealing to a mass audience than a dedicated one. My guess is they are still trying to recreate that boom they had with the NES which at the time was pretty much a "new" thing, it changed video games forever. SNES is just a sequel but same premise, everything after that has felt to me like a experiment after experiment.

They should just go back to basics, make a traditional console, good controls, no wacky gimmicks, no second screen, no motion control, no cameras, nor anything that isn't traditional. Look at PS4, it's doing great, no bullshit, no Kinect, no craptastic gimmicks other than the touch pad which I have yet to use anyway so I'm happy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
They should just go back to basics, make a traditional console, good controls, no wacky gimmicks, no second screen, no motion control, no cameras, nor anything that isn't traditional.

Exactly. However I think they like being the weirdo in the corner, different doesn't always equal better. That goes for sales and third party contracts too.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This thread makes me lol for real.

I can count on one hand the good games for the N64.

The console doesn't even justify buying an Everdrive for it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You should give Goldeneye X a try. Modders ported the Goldeneye multiplayer to the updated Perfect Dark engine; it's still a hell of a lot of fun.
thanks for the tip, didn't know about that one!

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Turok was one of the best parts of that console gen, I loved it, and I still do. Though nowadays, has any Turok fan in this thread checked out the latest PC remaster? It's pretty much a the exact same game, but with mild touch ups (now supporting widescreen, 60fps, all that fun stuff, with full controller support as well) Having this version, There's no need to play the N64 version. Allegedly a similar remaster of Turok 2 is due out sometime, and THAT, I'm stoked for. That game has some of the best weapons ever in an FPS. If you disagree, I'm going to assume you've never used the Cerebral Bore.

Check it on Steam;
http://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/

or GOG if you hate DRM.
https://www.gog.com/game/turok

I have checked this out. They did it proper as far as a re-release for PC.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Yet it justifies you spending the time to read the thread and post.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Truthfully the N64 has some good stuff on it but sadly it's very limited to the genre I liked which was RPGs the most. Overall tho my Gamecube I love the most of my console systems but that's a whole other bag of fun altogether. I posted this thread because while it's not my favorite system, I felt that some people still do enjoy it and a few people who have posted here are happy with this new hack to remove the smeared on shit on their games.

Last edited: