Cops warn residents of men challenging others to rap battles

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
CHARLTON, Mass. (AP) Police in a Massachusetts town are warning residents to be on the lookout for men challenging passers-by to rap battles.

Charlton police told WCVB-TV that a black SUV containing a group of men in their late teens or early 20s pulled up next to three teenage boys Saturday afternoon.

One of the men got out of the vehicle and started rapping. The other men then asked the teens if they wanted to "spit some bars" with them. When the boys declined, the men drove off.

Police say it doesn't appear to be an attempted abduction, but the boys were frightened.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

Charlton's website says it's one of the 50 safest cities in Massachusetts.

http://kron4.com/2016/03/15/cops-warn-residents-of-men-challenging-others-to-rap-battles/

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
That's awesome. The world needs more random rap battles.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Is this more or less stupid than the guy who simply walked by a woman on a college campus and had a campus notice go out about it? I can't tell.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I don't really know how I would react to this sort of thing happening to me. I'm not any good at rapping.... So, yeah I'd probably decline as well.

I wonder if those dudes just drove around all day challenging a bunch of random people to rap battles. Not a horrible way to spend the day, but I doubt too many people played along with it though.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Back in my day we only challenged people to break dance fighting.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
So basically....a couple of pussy ass white kids shit their pants when a couple of nice black dudes asked if they'd like to rap with them.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
So basically....a couple of pussy ass white kids shit their pants when a couple of nice black dudes asked if they'd like to rap with them.

Its considered incredibly rude and aggressive to approach and start any sort of conversation with a stranger in Mass. People are supposed to keep to themselves. So yes, if some guy that I don't know tries to be friendly, I'm going to think he's hiding a knife and is trying to lower my guard so he can shank me.

You have no idea how disorienting it was when a person leaves New England for the first time, and every random person smiles at them and says "Hello" or "How is your Morning?"

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Near me, the guys in the SUV would risk being carjacked pulling shit like that.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Its considered incredibly rude and aggressive to approach and start any sort of conversation with a stranger in Mass. People are supposed to keep to themselves. So yes, if some guy that I don't know tries to be friendly, I'm going to think he's hiding a knife and is trying to lower my guard so he can shank me.

You have no idea how disorienting it was when a person leaves New England for the first time, and every random person smiles at them and says "Hello" or "How is your Morning?"

Note to self: Never move to New England.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

whats good? a mcdonalds commercial explained to me recently that it just means hello, I always thought it was some weird code I didn't know the right answer to?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
In NJ/NY no one talks to each other either. The only difference is if you do you risk being ignored, yelled at, fight or more. Definitely not afraid of each other haha.

Yeah, that's why I'm making a mental note of staying away from New England. I don't need more of the same shit.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Massachusetts doesn't even have 50 worthwhile cities.

It has exactly 50 "cities". And Charlton is not one of them.

FWIW, Most of Boston is generally safe even at 2AM, public transportation is better then most cities I have been to, has a lot of nice parks and paths, and a decent chunk of stuff to do. Its one of the better cities in the country to live in, if you don't consider cost of living. Cambridge, Sommerville, Newton (and maybe Quincy) are also decent cities.

But yeah the rest of them are the standard abandoned industrial shit-hole that New England is famous for.

Though I would still pick Brockton or New Bedford over any city in Connecticut.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
YO who's dispectin' mah charlton fam?

hey, bloodycelt, come to charlton fam. Yeah, we'll see who's be spittin' bars aight. on dawgz.

rap sux

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
charlton is the whitest place imaginable

i would roast these clowns #bars

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What the fuck with all these people living in Masachusetts? You two, and grave, and who else?

Anyway y'all been to Cape Cod, how you like it

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Boston is awesome, city outskirts are awesome. People arenice in here. Bloodycelt is just lacking in something 'cause I've always have a good time in the city. I lived in the boonies as well and it was beautiful, now I'm in a mid-size town near the city, public transport in here is amazing. Some people just don't know how good they have it. Everyday for me in the city feels like Ferris' Day Off.

Cape Cod is awesome. I also love wood's hole, way down there...great labs, lol.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

Actually, it turns out the kids starting the rap battle were white. In which case calling the cops is entirely warranted.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Boston is awesome, city outskirts are awesome. People arenice in here. Bloodycelt is just lacking in something 'cause I've always have a good time in the city. I lived in the boonies as well and it was beautiful, now I'm in a mid-size town near the city, public transport in here is amazing. Some people just don't know how good they have it. Everyday for me in the city feels like Ferris' Day Off.

Cape Cod is awesome. I also love wood's hole, way down there...great labs, lol.

When did I give the impression that I don't enjoy Boston? I was just pointing out if you ever leave the coast, and go to like Indianapolis, people's definition of politeness changes. In Boston you generally let people do their thing, In Indianapolis you say "Hello", and make polite conversation with folks and its apparently the norm there. Just different ways of being nice.

Hence why a bunch of strangers coming out of a van starting a rap challenge out of the blue would be rather startling.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least in George, strangers don't challenge you to a rap battle....
They challenge you to a fiddle contest.