• i dun play no capcum fiters

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Make sure it's reverse dramatic survival mode, that's where the money is at!

The DC had this GR matches which were DLC, pretty cool and one of the RDSM matches is in there, pretty cool but that GR stuff ended early and they didn't make the best out of it, they should have include al the matches on disc, you can still download them online, also I believe some of them are n the Capcom Fan Disk.

I'd say that playstation got my least favorite ports, all playstation formats, but that doesn't mean their bad ports, just not as good as the Sega ones...

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So alpha 2 gets alot of love to visuals and the fact it's not heavily vism reliant. One on the things I liked about A3 was the character roster , especially to console version. Is A3 a faster paced game too?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not really, I dunno what people are going on about. A3 has great visuals...maybe A2 stages feel more personalized towards specific characters while A3 had main stages shared by some of the characters but that didn't take place until A3 Upper and yes the A3 Upper roster is phenomenal. CPS2 roster is pretty god too though...just not as good.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You hit the nail on the head bro. The stages feel personalized. The first time I played A2 with RYU and fought Sagat in the grass field stage with the flashes of lightning in the background and the music, my mind was blown. It just felt like Capcom put so much love into that game, so much detail.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I like Alpha 2 as well. Between that, KOF '96, and RBFFS, 1996 was a great year for fighting games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Especially ur boy deejay

You know it! ;)
You hit the nail on the head bro. The stages feel personalized. The first time I played A2 with RYU and fought Sagat in the grass field stage with the flashes of lightning in the background and the music, my mind was blown. It just felt like Capcom put so much love into that game, so much detail.
That stage was taking out straight from the movie and yes it is awesome, also the Australia stage is awesome. A2 is awesome no doubt, Alpha 2 Gold could be my favorite but at the same time A3 just feels like so much more in the fighting scheme of things that I dunno, it's just a hard toss between the two but still I'm glad hey are very different, more SF variety for me!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Alpha 2.

Spoiler:
Best backgrounds and music in the series.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Why is alpha 2 better than alpha 3? Just curious for you guys that like alpha 2?

I like Alpha 2 over 3 because I enjoy having both custom combos and super specials at my disposals. Also reversals are easier to pull off in 2 than 3. I prefer Alpha 2 vanilla over Gold due to reversals costing less.

I also use Adon and his inputs for jaguar kick changed from a kick hadouken (alpha 2) to a backwards shoryuken kick ( alpha 3 ). It confuses me each time.

Alpha > 2 > 3 > ex > 4 > Movie > 1
I havent played 5 yet.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i forgot you get custom combos in A2, damn, im realizing 2 is a pretty good game. Was looking at the stages in A2, so many memories came back, the stages def are fkn amazing

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
So alpha 2 gets alot of love to visuals and the fact it's not heavily vism reliant. One on the things I liked about A3 was the character roster , especially to console version. Is A3 a faster paced game too?

A2 for better or for worse is a really turtle-y game. Alpha counter only costing one bar makes defense really good and discourages getting pokes blocked. In addition if you CC in someone's face and they weren't already blocking they get put in a reeling animation and you can combo them for free. It tends to be very defensive for these reasons.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
A2 counters aren't all that though 'cause they're very easily avoidable, you get a guaranteed counter on the first Alpha but not on A2, even the A3 counters are guaranteed but they are costly and do nothing but mess the opponent's mind, at least that's my take on them.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
in a3 they cost a bar and lower your block stun gauge right? Its been so long. If thats the case i feel like the a3 counter is used more sparingly and to get out of tight spots. not to just get free damage. like in the other ones, not so much a2 since its avoidable. need to brush up on this game.
Was watching afew match vids of a2 and a3 while i ate my lunch. A3 def is a faster paced game. But i can see how ppl could feel more comfortable playing a2 coming from older sf games.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Gimme Champion Edition OR DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE. Period.

Also, I still don't get the love 3rd Strike gets.
It was a *moment* that was ( I have to admit ) fucking epic that made the game
hit the spotlights. Nobody really cared about 3rd Strike before the Daigo's Ken comeback.

After that, everybody wanted to be a "Daigo".
It's fluid, pretty.
There's a shitload of useless chars. In the end it's still a "meh" SF compared to SF2 / Alpha series.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, only fanboys wanted to be Daigo, I'll admit I'd love to reach that level but even then SF3 had all my love from day one, even NG and 2ndI. You're talking about fanboys, they have more in common with religious fanatics than true lovers of the game.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
HDR is the best,game is pretty much perfect
SF2 Hyper Fighting - This was the best SF2 version at the arcades. My childhood.
Then its either ST or SF EX2 plus alpha. I only started playing ST because HDR died and the community my area loathed it.

I didn't really care for the Alpha series but i thought Alpha2 was the best.
SF3 - i never really got into due to the shitty characters.
SFIV - i was actually pretty decent when it first came out winning tournaments but the game was so slow and boring. I stopped playing right when Super came out. I guess they did fixed it up with AE but by then i didn't want to bother.
SFV - Game is pretty solid even though im really ass in this game. I have to try to forget all my muscle memory of how i play gief in the past. Its something i really have a hard time doing, the same happen to me w/ MvC2, when they decided to do 4button attack & 2 assist buttons or the whole 2 buttons to throw in SF3.

Anyway SF2 series is easily the best Street Fighter & best fighting game ever.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Also, I still don't get the love 3rd Strike gets.

prod_img-1025372.jpg.thumb.319.319.png

LOL, its a really fun game and has alot of depth to it. I havent even scratched the surface. Im better at other sf's but 3s is my favorite to play casually.

yeah, Daigo is cool, i hate it when ppl are about to pick ken and are like, "where that Daigo color?".... fkn scrubs

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
can´t vote so: sf2.

ps: 1.mk2 2.mkx / 1.re2 2.re1 hd / 1.kof98 2.kofxiii :p / msx, ff motw, sm64...

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Don't be a noob ebin, I'll show you next time we meet...

So it's 'avoidable' if your opponent does it at bad times like a tard or you are 100% on point with delayed option selecting a normal into a DP or something, but to say they are 'very easily' avoidable with no qualification I just don't see.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
played alittle a2 and alot of a3 with friend today. I remembered correctly, imo, a3 is the better out of the two for me. The pace of the game, the feel and controls are just better.

also, is there a section i can post about my member status, its annoying i cant vote or change my profile info. Or is there someone i should contact.
Thanks guys