2016 Television series discussion, what is everyone watching?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
No shit? Well, I stand corrected.

As did I, when I found out. Good news anyway. Aside from wonky Hulu and WatchESPN apps (might have something to do with Unblock Us), the ATV4 is pretty damn sweet, so the more erps the merrier.

I have one ep left of The Expanse that I will watch right now. Shit really hits the fan in episode 9.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Current shows I watch:
The Flash
iZombie
Jessica Jones
Supergirl
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Powers
Lucifer
Bob's Burgers
Rick and Morty
Lucha Underground
Ring of Honor Wrestling
Impact Wrestling
South Park
NJPW on AXS TV
Daredevil

Old shows I am watching presently:
Swamp Thing the Series
The Spectacular Spider-Man
Superboy

Will watch soon:
Green Lantern: the Animated Series
Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Avengers
The Expanse

Recently finished or re-watched:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel

On the re-watch list:
Star Trek TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Z-Nation is a so all kinds of awesome.

It is probably one of my favorite shows of all time.

Once I get done with season 2, I'm going to watch it again and see how many references I missed the first time.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Current shows I watch:
The Flash
iZombie
Jessica Jones
Supergirl
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Powers
Lucifer
Bob's Burgers
Rick and Morty
Lucha Underground
Ring of Honor Wrestling
Impact Wrestling
South Park
NJPW on AXS TV
Daredevil

Old shows I am watching presently:
Swamp Thing the Series
The Spectacular Spider-Man
Superboy

Will watch soon:
Green Lantern: the Animated Series
Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Avengers
The Expanse

Recently finished or re-watched:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel

On the re-watch list:
Star Trek TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9

Holy shit, do you have a job?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Z-Nation is a so all kinds of awesome.

I agree. I like it more than The Walking Dead.
Perfect amount of camp and B-list actors who do an awesome job. I haven't started Season 2 yet and I am gonna binge watch it all when I get the time.

Edit: I also want to finish up The Following. Haven't seen the last season yet. Good show for what it is.

Hell on Wheels is another show I need to finish up. Such an amazing show. Not quite up there with Deadwood but it's really close.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Supergirl
Daredevil
X-Files
Gotham
Superstore
Survivor
Undercover Boss
The Flash

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Holy shit, do you have a job?

Of course. Not all of the shows on my "current" list are in-season right now (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Rick and Morty, South Park, Powers, etc). I just meant current as in new episodes are still being made. Most of the rest are DVR'd.

Generally I play fewer video games and read fewer books this time of year. I save that for summer when there's nothing on. I have a stack of comics about six inches high I haven't touched in months, and I haven't read a book since about a week after Walter Block's last one came out.

Also helps that I'm single. Usually when I'm not single all the wrasslin gets put on the back burner.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I agree. I like it more than The Walking Dead.
Perfect amount of camp and B-list actors who do an awesome job. I haven't started Season 2 yet and I am gonna binge watch it all when I get the time.

I like all the easter eggs and hidden references. Like the female pilot named Ameila (she crashes) or the overzealous security guard named Zimmerman.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
New seasons of Black Sails and Venture Bros. have started.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to the Gunslinger and Stand movie/TV series.
-If they ever happen.

11.23.1963 looks ok.

And BBC has announced that it is going to make an all new Dirk Gently series for the American market. If anyone hasn't seen the 4 episode British series, you should.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Right now the only drama show I'm watching is Black Sails. I'll be up for more Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Better Call Saul when they return.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Right now the only drama show I'm watching is Black Sails. I'll be up for more Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Better Call Saul when they return.

Finished Better Call Saul s1 last night...freaking awesome. Some of the best television I've seen in some time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some things mentioned here about waiting for something to show up on NFLX, AMZN, or HULU - I suggest trying to install and run Kodi on your xbox, or something like that, and stream the shows on Channel1 or phoenix or whatever (honestly, I am an amateur with Kodi, but I can watch everything so far; I also have all the cable channels legitimately because of my stupid condo association's ridiculous condo fee's benefits, but prefer Kodi because it's easier to navigate than a silly cable box...).

Black Sails is great. Love it. Zero complaints. The story has been loyal to the characters, who have been loyal to their own characters, and it's a great relationship.

Game of Thrones is love/hate. Great story, but the show has taken on a form of its own, like a public company whose shareholders have ousted the creative visionary founder, and have given the audience a lot of dwarf jokes and trueblood hipster gay sex.

Better Call Saul - preface this by admitting that I did not really like Breaking Bad season 1. It was weak. And on the same token, I thought that Better Call Saul was not great, but has promise.

I will gladly check out the Expanse if you guys think it's as good as BSG was. I loved BSG, except the ending, and the subliminal budget fights between producers and director that left us with a lot of talking about politics on the ship.

I am also excited to read that there's a new Venture Bros. I have missed that show. Hearing this makes me wish that Metalocalypse would make a return as well.

I will add Mr. Robot. I enjoy the show. It's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way mid way into the season when they realize the obvious subplot, but I think that this will be overcome in later seasons.

Also, +1 for Banshee. If you are a member of this site with a pulse and a dick, you will LOVE Banshee.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Black Sails is great. Love it. Zero complaints. The story has been loyal to the characters, who have been loyal to their own characters, and it's a great relationship.

Game of Thrones is love/hate. Great story, but the show has taken on a form of its own, like a public company whose shareholders have ousted the creative visionary founder, and have given the audience a lot of dwarf jokes and trueblood hipster gay sex.

Truer words never said.

Also, I am watching:

The Walking Dead-mostly because it doubles as a date night with my wife, who is really busy with school and work nowadays, as am I with my game journo pursuits.

I am going to also watch:

Fear the Walking Dead-first episode fucking sucked. So boring. Hope it picks up.

Beowolf-when it's all finished.

The Last Kingdom-When I can

Vikings-still need to watch season 3 before watching 4. Not sure I'll stick with it, though.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Season 5 was a set-up for all the madness about to go down in season 6, imo.

The showrunners are well-aware of what a mess season 5 was, and I'd like to think they wouldn't want to repeat that.

Also Taiso please feel free to shamelessly post your articles on whatever you're writing, because we'll read it.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I need to rewatch a lot of game of thrones, haven't watched since the red weddings.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I'm watching Columbo at the moment :p. Just realised there is an episode where Johnny Cash is the killer. It's my favorite episode so far.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Finished Better Call Saul s1 last night...freaking awesome. Some of the best television I've seen in some time.

Yeah, man!

Fear the Walking Dead-first episode fucking sucked. So boring. Hope it picks up.

Forgot to mention that one. It does pick up and I enjoyed the first season.

Also, I'm kinda bummed The Following was cancelled. Yeah, it wasn't super awesome but still a fun show.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Watched a few episodes of Sr. Avila. Nothing groundbreaking, if it was not for the fact that it's made by HBO Latinoamerica and takes place in Mexico. It makes this mundane crime series about an everyman with a contract killer double life an interesting watch. It has that soap opera feel to it, which actually works in favor for the whole plot conception. I recommend subtitles, of course. And a healthy stomach, with all mutilations & murders going on...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, man!

Forgot to mention that one. It does pick up and I enjoyed the first season.

Also, I'm kinda bummed The Following was cancelled. Yeah, it wasn't super awesome but still a fun show.

I thought The Following had some of the worst acting on tv. Bacon couldn't carry the rest of the cast's aucting. And I feel like the entire serial killer thing is overplayed, and needs to be put to rest for a bit.

Give me a quest.

Shows that have some kind of adventure are far more appealing to me that shows about some twisted killer being caught.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I thought The Following had some of the worst acting on tv. Bacon couldn't carry the rest of the cast's aucting. And I feel like the entire serial killer thing is overplayed, and needs to be put to rest for a bit.

Give me a quest.

Shows that have some kind of adventure are far more appealing to me that shows about some twisted killer being caught.

I thought the first season of The Following was great. 2nd season, while still good, started to become a bit more incredoulous (even for this show). Those episodes with the Joel Osteen-esque tv preacher and his son were pretty terrible. Haven't seen the 3rd season yet, but I thought Bacon and the others, for the most part, did a good job even though he always looks so tired - probably from playing an ex-drunk I suppose.

If you want adventure I recommend Vikings.

Last edited: