Bad Ebay experience :(

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Sold one CD game on ebay few weeks ago and got a message this morning from buyer:
In conclusion he said disc isnt playing properly and he wants to return disc back to me for refund.

I didnt say anything but reply to accept full refund, even though i know he's bluffing.

I received a message from buyer again around 9 pm and he said he can get disc to work by sending to store for resurfacing. If i can issue $15 partial refund that he can do that instead of sending disc back to me......... :emb:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Did you really need to make 2 EBay related threads in the last few hours?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh great, another Liquid Snake thread!

Real talk, tell him to return the game for a full refund, or fuck off.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Oh great, another Liquid Snake thread!

Real talk, tell him to return the game for a full refund, or fuck off.

Pretty much this. Unless you know it was scratched.

Mark anything you sell on ebay with a blacklight marker. If someone asks for a return tell them you'll issue a full refund after "verifying your discrete sellers mark to ensure the item returned is the same one you mailed out."

That said I don't sell anything on ebay that I'm not prepared to take a total loss on, because that's always a possible outcome.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
sending to store for resurfacing.

4409009-sparks-while-grinding-iron.jpg

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That sucker closed ebay dispute once i issued $15 partial refund.

Maybe i will only sell my games on NG.com from now on........

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You got scammed man. Should have made the guy send the disc back. I've had one guy try to pull that scam on me one time. eBay ended up shutting down his account and I got to keep the money and my product.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You got scammed man. Should have made the guy send the disc back. I've had one guy try to pull that scam on me one time. eBay ended up shutting down his account and I got to keep the money and my product.

Yea, this has happened to me as well. Also a good thing to do if your selling a high price item is to take pictures of everything just in case they try to sending you back a game that clearly wasn't what you sent to the buyer.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I was scammed $3,600. Even with 15+ years of solid track records, Ebay and Paypal simply ignore my side of the story. Screw Ebay and Paypal!!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, It's a big risk selling high price stuff on ebay.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

How did you do that?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
PLEASE share this story.
BB

If The Big Bad Bear wants to know... so do I... because let's be honest...

...I want to know who the fucker was... and if he is a member here.... I can ban the fucktard.....

xROTx

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Long story short

(1) I was selling a whole bunch of rare and complete SNES and Sega Genesis/CD games and systems from my collection.
(2) One Ebayer purchased 15 items worth $3,600 from me (games & system such as Snatcher, Dracula X, Sega CDX, boxed mini SNES etc)
(3) That Ebayer is located in Sacramento CA, about 3 hrs away from San Francisco.
(4) He obtained my phone number via the Ebay system, then we scheduled a local pick up in Davis, CA where is 1 hr from Sacramento; 2 hrs from SF). He paid me via Paypal before we met.
(5) I met with him in front of a Safeway store, gave him all the games and had him signed a contract. The next day, I also sent him a replacement game via First Class Mail as I forgot to mention some flaw of one of the games.
(6) A week later, he filed a chargeback on Paypal claiming "items not received/delivered". He perfectly knows that I could not provide a tracking number.
(7) The replacement package was returned as his address is "undeliverable"
(8) I explained the whole thing to Paypal (including his fake registered address and he got my phone no from Ebay) but paypal still rules in his favor.
(9) I immediately filed a police report in Davis, file a report with the San Francisco District Attorney's Consumer Protection Office and filed a report at the IC3 (internet crime report by FBI). I also closed all my credit card and bank account linked to Paypal.
(10) Paypal could not recover all $3,600 from my account so they sent my account to collection agency.

PLEASE share this story.
BB

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
If The Big Bad Bear wants to know... so do I... because let's be honest...

...I want to know who the fucker was... and if he is a member here.... I can ban the fucktard.....

xROTx

That scammer is probably using a stealth Ebay/Paypal account with a fake personal name and fake address. The San Francisco District Attorney's Office did a search on his cell phone number and it's registered in a Airforce base in Sacramento.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn! It's a fucked up situation because here you are thinking your dealing with a honest dude and this is what happens. I guess the only way the deal could be made is Cash only or maybe paypal gift.

Even paypal gift is questionable.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've thought about this a few times. If I were to sell some of my higher end Aes games, don't have many but how would I go about this. I guess face to face, cash on the spot or only to a trust worthy member here on the board.

Or I could just burn them all before I die.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That's fuckup and I'm sorry to hear that, kitkit.com
Did you provide a copy of signed contract to paypal as it has his signature????

We just have to be extremely careful about sales these days...............:(

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
There's two game stores by me that will resurface a disc for $1-2. Depends on how severe it is.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I've thought about this a few times. If I were to sell some of my higher end Aes games, don't have many but how would I go about this. I guess face to face, cash on the spot or only to a trust worthy member here on the board.

Or I could just burn them all before I die.

If I ever wanted to sell my stuff, it would be only here one other forum, and I wouldn't sell to n00bs.

That's fucked up, kitkit. I work in Davis and know which Safeway you're talking about. Fucking sucks to hear that there's a scammer in the area. Maybe he's the same fucker who did this (copied from a recent Craigslist post):

THIEF SCAM Magical Chase Turbografx 16 - $1 (Sacramento)

I'm writing this to warn everyone of a very low life individual. He will try to sell you rare games like Magical Chase for Turbografx 16 for low prices. He will then give you the addresses below or try and meet you in a public space like Safeway (So, you'd have no way to test game your getting and be stuck with broken merchandise). If you ask to test the game, he will scout you out in his apartment complex parking lot to see if you're alone and try to rob you if you're indeed ALONE. He is a black individual with a suspected Mexican accomplice and has many stolen goods and is desperate for money. DO NOT engage with this individual as from my research he is already a felon and could be in a gang that will rob you blind. I'm already compiling evidence to send to the local police department to try a thwart this low life from robbing or screwing over anyone else. ALL information I have on this individual is listed below. Thank you. Photo's of item he used to lure me to site are included.

Suspect number he uses:
Phone number 1-510-715-8737

He will also tell you that he lives in the area code (95660) or North Highlands.

Address incident occurred at:
4215 Palm Ave, Sacramento, CA 95842. Apartment 34 / 32 / 43 / or 42. E-mail is pj9vt-5295480137 at sale.craigslist.org. Goes by NELSON FAMILY.