Postage Rates just went up again...

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What really sucks is that you no longer get a discounted rate when you print your own labels at home.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Gas prices at an all time low... Let's increase shipping rates.

Makes total sense.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
First Class used to be the joint. Now it's not much less than Priority.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
What really sucks is that you no longer get a discounted rate when you print your own labels at home.

Damn, you're right :( Medium flat rate box went from $11.30 to $13.45. That's a 19% increase.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Jesus, fuckin' scalpers.

It's not our fault the federal government can't run a fucking thing right, yet we sure have to pay for it either way. Asses.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My father in law is a postmaster and told us that Amazon is paying OT for carriers to deliver on Sunday. They only deliver Amazon packages though. Amazon is also shifting away from UPS and towards USPS for its prime shipping. If they decided to open their own shipping company, I'd be surprised if USPS doesn't cut down delivery to three days a week.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
At least they didn't raise the price of stamps again (for now).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

This is what pissed me off the most. There no price advantage anymore. I wonder if through ebay I still get my shipping discount.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
This is what pissed me off the most. There no price advantage anymore. I wonder if through ebay I still get my shipping discount.

doubt it as they where just redirecting rates from/through the usps site.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
doubt it as they where just redirecting rates from/through the usps site.

No, it was a different discount. Once you get power seller status you get an even lower rate. For example, the small flat rate box retail before was $5.75, click and ship would be $5.25, with the ebay discount it was $5.05.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I am still getting a discount on eBay.

EDIT: Good news, guys! Paypal label purchases appear to still be discounted, even for non-eBay orders. Of course the rate is still a bit higher than before but at least it's not full retail.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What's the best way to purchase shipping for international packages now?

MuppeT

War Room Troll
No, it was a different discount. Once you get power seller status you get an even lower rate. For example, the small flat rate box retail before was $5.75, click and ship would be $5.25, with the ebay discount it was $5.05.

hmmm - sounds nice. I tried couple of times comparing ebay shipping with usps site shipping and it was always the same.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Use Paypal to print non-eBay USPS labels now. Not quite as low as eBay Top Rated / Powerseller but still a worthwhile discount.

Also worth mentioning...I often use FedEx Ground/Home Delivery for larger/heavier packages. You can save ~20% if you use ShipRush (free to sign up) to pre-print labels.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Use Paypal to print non-eBay USPS labels now. Not quite as low as eBay Top Rated / Powerseller but still a worthwhile discount.

On https://www.paypal.com/shipnow, there is a Package option under "Priority Mail International," but the "First Class Mail International" only has "Letter" and "Large Envelope" (but no package).

I know the USPS website has "First-Class Package International Service"...odd that Paypal doesn't have that as it's half the price of "Priority Mail International." >_>

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can do first class international, but it has a weight limit of just a few ounces.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The 2016 prices look like the prices I paid in 2015. I concluded that the discount for printing out your own postage wasn't really much of a savings due to me using my costly INK & paper.
Thanks for the heads up.
BB