Balding?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Seem like all the regulars are bald, i probably started getting bald joining this site.

Here is my current thin/balding hair...If i add that Toppik Fiber it almost disappears. I actually never noticed it until i saw someone who i haven't seen in almost 5 years. They were like, wow you look older now & balding. Ever since then i've been pretty conscious about it.

#1 on the sides, #2 on the top (if you have enough to not be totally bald) Once you get into diffuse thinning it's over anyways so just start shaving it.
You will look pathetic to all women if you try to hide it, and will come off having more confidence if you come to terms.

Women look at face/chest/height in that order and hair is not as important as those 3 to 90% of them.

Also, don't be fat - you can control that and being slim or in shape trumps just about everything when women look you over.

Honestly i really dont care about pulling chicks or cocks, this for my own self.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I was a little worried when my hairline started to go back a little at the age of 24, but I got lucky somehow and it slowdown to almost a stop around 26 or so. I am 34 now and it isn't that bad at all really. I grew my hair out metal Nathan Explosion like since I was 27. When it starts to really go I will be 40+ and not really care anymore. My roommate went bald by 23 and he said fuck it... shaved his head.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I've had a receding hairline since high school. Never went bald like my dad or my bro but it's always been a bit thinner on top. If/when the time comes, gonna just #1 errything, but I hope it doesn't happen because I don't think it'll look good. Probably end up going full Steven Seagal. Can't do facial hair like all you hipsters either because it's too damn itchy, not to mention Father Time gray.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I forgot to post my thin/balding hair...

20151016_201239_zps1692bdgj.jpg
20151016_201516_zps0rrjvv8g.jpg

Here is when apply that fiber product...
20151016_211722_zpsyyohwnmi.jpg
20151016_211830_zps5hotpxva.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I got some grey hair now....I suppose balding isn't too far away.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I remember when my cousin started balding, he'd wear a hat whenever he went anywhere. Eventually he stopped and just started shaving his head completely. He's been sporting some goatee lately.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That doesn't look bad at all to me, if that's how my hair was I'd wear it as you are without even bothering with the hair fibre stuff. When there is an actual bald spot - no hair at all - just get rid of the lot. Patchy is not a good look.

Someone said hit the gym, couldn't agree with that more. In fact, just being heavy set would do, I reckon someone with a bald head can carry a few extra pounds. Muscular or just chunky will do, it's the bald and skinny combo that's not great.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
My hair started to go thin by my late 30's.Now i just go with a buzz cut,not bother by having less hair now.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
My mother is Native American. No signs of balding yet.

I really wouldn't look good with a shaved head, so I am am glad I still have no problems. I am in my early 30's, I'd be pretty depressed if I started to go bald. I would have to try REALLY hard to look on the "bright side".

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've still got a full head of hair, but I have noticed that it has been getting thinner on the top/front, so, I imagine I'll probably develop a bald spot one of these days. I've generally had my hair in a short buzz cut since my early 20s, so, being bald wouldn't be much of a change from that anyway. Given a choice, I think I'd rather go completely bald, rather than in one area, just because it'd have a more uniform appearance, so, I'd probably just opt to shave it all off if it does start to go.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Here here.

No having to pay for hair cuts is a blessing to my wallet.

That and I never looked right with hair, never could figure out what to do with it. When I look at old pictures of myself I cringe. No wonder I couldn't pick up any ladies back then.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Here here.

No having to pay for hair cuts is a blessing to my wallet.

Now my money goes to getting razor blades (Dorco, cheap and does a way better job than my Gillettes ever did). But yeah, no more worrying about hair care products and styling.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I'd say shave it. No use trying to hide it. People can always tell, and nobody really thinks twice when a guy has a shaved head... Everyone notices the comb over.

This 100%

I'm not balding, at least yet. So I don't share your problem. But I know many people who are bald or balding. Trying to hide it or do a stupid comb over never works... Not to mention people will definitely notice your poor attempt to cover the bald spot up. If you don't feel comfortable shaving to the skin, at least keep it short.

Edit: posted this before seeing your picture. It looks fine. I'd say you have a while before you would really consider shaving it off. I also wouldn't bother with the fiber stuff either. It looks ok, but I'm sure it's expensive.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not balding yet (only 26) but I've been shaving my head with #1 since 7th grade. Only time I BICy hair was when my grandma had her first bout of cancer and chemo really loved her ass, so my brother and I shaved it off to support her hairloss. She said we looked like idiots and laughed, so it was worth it.

OT, I save a ton of money on shampoo by shving my head regularly. I cut my own, so a pair of $35-40 clippers will last forever.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was a little worried when my hairline started to go back a little at the age of 24, but I got lucky somehow and it slowdown to almost a stop around 26 or so. I am 34 now and it isn't that bad at all really.

I've had a receding hairline since high school. Never went bald like my dad or my bro but it's always been a bit thinner on top.

It's normal for many men to lose the low hairline they had as a teen yet not experience any further loss.

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Im a bloke and always have had long hair (when younger, and im talking shoulder length as well) I always said to myself if it starts to go cut it all off so I did. No regrets much prefere the complete shaven bic down to nothing look and would never want hair again. Word of advice always have either a beard or some sort of stuble with the bald head look as otherwise you will probably look too clean. I am lucky however that being completely bald suits me but for some its a bit of a head fuck (excuse the pun) just accept whats going to happen and deal with it sooner than later and shave that thin shit off.

Good luck

p.s your hair actually is not that bad, sure its this and you will lose it but if I were you I would just keep it short for the nest few years if you can as that will look better.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
keep the thinning hair, just make sure it looks nice and trimmed

my hair has been thinning like forever, but I do just fine with what I have

If you're going for a new look, never hurts to shave it off and start over

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Your's isn't even that bad. If you really want you could try minoxidil. It works but its a pain in the ass. Beware of the sheds though. It'll look worse for some time before it gets better. Some people don't even get them though. I'm balding from the front. From what I've read balding from your cortex is a lot more manageable.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
@HDRchampion - Your bald spot isn't even that bad. But, I can see where you're on the verge of attempting to rock a comb over. Don't do it. I'll admit I tried to fool myself and the world with that bullshit. I say go ahead and go with a short hair cut or buzz it. Shaving my head was one of the best moves I ever made from both a looks and confidence standpoint. Chicks gave me compliments literately for months after I did it.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
No wonder I couldn't pick up any ladies back then.

I got noticed way more without hair and a well-kept beard. When I wore fake glasses, I got even more compliments.

goombakid said:
Now my money goes to getting razor blades (Dorco, cheap and does a way better job than my Gillettes ever did). But yeah, no more worrying about hair care products and styling.

See, i'll use clippers to cut it short but if I were to shave, i'd shave probably once a month. I save WAY more money doing it that way. Dorco blades look legit. I might have to buy some one day.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's funny...I really do not know much about balding, but if what I understand is correct, it is testosterone that causes it.

When I began working out heavily around 2012 (age 35)...my hair started thinning. Before that? Zip. Thick and luxurious. Since then, my hair has been thinning at a fairly rapid rate in the front. We'll see where it goes, but if it doesn't slow, I should have an extra 2" of forehead by the time I'm 45.