Balding?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Should i just shave it all off or continue the comb over?

I was thinking of the Miyagi cut & graying my sides but this is depressing.

Are any of you guys dealing with this?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

How bad does it look?

You can probably do a lot with what you have left.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug

I started balding at 16. Every attempt at prolonging the inevitable has only ended in regret and sorrow. I just buzz cut it now.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My hair was gone when I was 18, I was still getting laid. So quite honestly, if this is bothering you, you have self esteem issues that you need to address. It's waste anyway, stop being so vain.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
How bad does it look?

You can probably do a lot with what you have left.

Its really thin on the top & i think i have a bald spot at the back. I decided to shave my head 2 years ago & never grew right ever since.

My hair was gone when I was 18, I was still getting laid. So quite honestly, if this is bothering you, you have self esteem issues that you need to address. It's waste anyway, stop being so vain.

I wouldn't say it self esteem issue, i mean there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself on how you look. If i can afford braces, is it vain to fix my crooked ass teeth? If im over weight, is it vain to workout?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I've had super-thin hair on top since my early 20's. I just basically get a buzz cut. Yeah, a full head of hair looks great, but what can you do? Take care of yourself so that you aren't a fat slob, have a good job, and have some self-confidence.

I wouldn't say it self esteem issue, i mean there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself on how you look. If i can afford braces, is it vain to fix my crooked ass teeth? If im over weight, is it vain to workout?

Those are things that you can (and should) control. Your hair is not, unless you either get a hair transplant, or get a toupee. Both of those things are gay.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I made a promise to myself when I was in high school that if I ever saw myself start balding that I'm shaving it all off. I had that "cul-de-sac" action going on in the front in my late 20's, so I started off by just buzzing it all off with a #1 attachment. In my early 30's, I stopped using the attachment and went straight with the buzzer.

Nowadays, I just shave it all off for a nice, smooth dome at every shower.

Embrace the baldness.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I've had super-thin hair on top since my early 20's. I just basically get a buzz cut. Yeah, a full head of hair looks great, but what can you do? Take care of yourself so that you aren't a fat slob, have a good job, and have some self-confidence.

Those are things that you can (and should) control. Your hair is not, unless you either get a hair transplant, or get a toupee. Both of those things are gay.

You cant control crooked ass teeth but you can do something about it by having braces. I think this applies the same as say a hair transplant but i hate to do anything with surgery unless its life & death. Bad experience with a vasectomy.

As of now it seems the comb over works & at times it doesn't. I actually bought a product that makes it look like you have hair its crazy but im lazy to apply it all the time. Right now i started taking this pill/vitamin called Biotin. Its suppose to promote thicker & healthier hair. Im in day 5 but i think you only suppose to see results in 2 or 3 months. Im hoping this can prolong it before i actually have to start shaving it all off.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Shave it,

Long hair is out. Chicks dig shaved heads.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'd say shave it. No use trying to hide it. People can always tell, and nobody really thinks twice when a guy has a shaved head... Everyone notices the comb over.

Got sick of mine thinning. Went with the new look of shaved head and a full beard cropped short. I have never gotten so much attention from women as I have in the last six months since I did this. Just yesterday some random chick told me I am gorgeous. Best thing I have ever done, should have done it long ago.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
My wife took a photo of me from the back when we were looking at buying our first house six years ago and I discovered I had a bald spot (she didn't say a word). I cannot believe what a source of vanity it has become. It still is not bad enough to shave my head for but I fret and consequently feel like an idiot. So shallow.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Got sick of mine thinning. Went with the new look of shaved head and a full beard cropped short. I have never gotten so much attention from women as I have in the last six months since I did this. Just yesterday some random chick told me I am gorgeous. Best thing I have ever done, should have done it long ago.

I'd probably do the same when the time comes, but sadly my beard has been almost completely grey since I was 25. It just makes me look incredibly old when I don't shave, which is a bummer. I still rock the stubble pretty much daily, but once it gets to be a few days, the grey starts really shinning and I need to shave it down, or the hey mans turn to hello sirs, and it's unsettling. Ah well.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Fuck comb overs....the shit just tricks you into thinking you're fooling people that you are not balding.

Just shave it off. I started fighting an uphill battle around 25. I took the plunge about 3 years ago, at age 30, and have never looked back.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I'm not balding myself...but I can only imagine the relief of just shaving it off and never having to think about if the wind is blowing my comb over out of place or if the girl behind me is staring at the bald spot on the back of my head...

Shave it off, grow some kind of sweet beard and hit the gym. Problem solved.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Sadly I can't grow a beard but my man pubes is out of control. :(

I ask my significant other and she likes my hair doesn't want me to shave my head.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Sadly I can't grow a beard but my man pubes is out of control. :(

Grow that "Happy Trail" up and out then.

In regards to the SO, I just asked my wife about my decision about shaving my head. She was kinda against it, but she eventually got used to it. I think I started shaving it down while we were still dating.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I started going bald at 17. At 27 I had a real pretty horseshoe. I just Bic it every week now. Always get compliments too, which I used to think would be unusual. Ladies dig it I guess. If I was with a less professional employer, I'd totally grow out the horseshoe ponytail and rock the fuck out of that in a wife beater and cut off jean shorts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not much for hairstyle advice, but the combover is NEVER the answer. Ever.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Good Lord. Half this board is bald...

Weak gene pool.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm not much for hairstyle advice, but the combover is NEVER the answer. Ever.

0nDasnj.jpg

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
#1 on the sides, #2 on the top (if you have enough to not be totally bald) Once you get into diffuse thinning it's over anyways so just start shaving it.
You will look pathetic to all women if you try to hide it, and will come off having more confidence if you come to terms.

Women look at face/chest/height in that order and hair is not as important as those 3 to 90% of them.

Also, don't be fat - you can control that and being slim or in shape trumps just about everything when women look you over.