Ohio (Central)

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
Its been awhile, eh? Anyone?

I've got a PVM now, so my place is less embarrassing to game at.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
but it's still a jerk-a-torium, no?

central = C-bus?

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
C-Bus is a damn fine area. I love getting the chance to take a bus down there and hanging out with people.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I think we all know what you mean by "hang-out", isn't C-bus the SF of the Midwest?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Wang...hang out with my wang out

Or wang dang sweat poon tang, got me a rock n' roll band

I think there are several of us in OH:
broken
Vicemikey (sp)
msdada (sp)
jkurtz
greedostick
asnuth
jon

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Wang...hang out with my wang out

Or wang dang sweat poon tang, got me a rock n' roll band

I think there are several of us in OH:
broken
Vicemikey (sp)
msdada (sp)
jkurtz
greedostick
asnuth
jon

we should organize an ohio hangout sometime..maybe find a mutual convention to all go to or something?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Everybody's welcome to come hang out at my place in NE Ohio once I'm done with my bar and game room... in like 10 years.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I say we grab GP and roll on all the Toledo area hospitals for a Oceans 11 style PVM heist. ;)

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I say we grab GP and roll on all the Toledo area hospitals for a Oceans 11 style PVM heist. ;)

I still have my Promedica Badge so I could probably bullshit my way in to the electronic recycling, lmao.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Wow, Ohio has reached new levels of faggotry in my absence. Now I see what I've been missing! What is all this GPM Tomfuckery?

Terry330, Greedostick, and I are all in Columbus still. Jon's not far away.

I'm always willing to host, even though I'm not terribly active on here anymore. I've got a couple candy cabs (one Neo, one JAMMA), a few boards, and a few dedicated cabs... plus about 20 pinballs.

Last edited:

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Wow, Ohio has reached new levels of faggotry in my absence. Now I see what I've been missing! What is all this GPM Tomfuckery?

Terry330, Greedostick, and I are all in Columbus still. Jon's not far away.

I'm always willing to host, even though I'm not terribly active on here anymore. I've got a couple candy cabs (one Neo, one JAMMA), a few boards, and a few dedicated cabs... plus about 20 pinballs.

I joined bout 6 months ago and have been hangin' around.
You didn't happen to snipe a new astro city off of craigslist in the cbus area recently? Someone apparently picked it up just before I had a chance to get it :(
I might be coming down for Ohyaocon, whenever that happens in the next couple months.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I joined bout 6 months ago and have been hangin' around.
You didn't happen to snipe a new astro city off of craigslist in the cbus area recently? Someone apparently picked it up just before I had a chance to get it :(
I might be coming down for Ohyaocon, whenever that happens in the next couple months.
I say "tomfuckery" because you're gheying up the thread. That's usually my job. ;)

Wasn't me... was it like $300-400, and in Grove City? If so, you didn't want that cab at any price - all of the worthwhile parts were stripped off of it, and it was a basket case formed from the worst parts of 4-5 Kingsley cabs.

I know a guy in Columbus who has some Net City cabs, if you don't mind minor projects, around $700. I just sold an Exceleena 2 (my old one) for a friend, and have seen a few other decent candy cabs come up around here in semi-recent history. If you're looking for a cab around here, put the word out; there are some good Neo people in Ohio.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I say "tomfuckery" because you're gheying up the thread. That's usually my job. ;)

Wasn't me... was it like $300-400, and in Grove City? If so, you didn't want that cab at any price - all of the worthwhile parts were stripped off of it, and it was a basket case formed from the worst parts of 4-5 Kingsley cabs.

I know a guy in Columbus who has some Net City cabs, if you don't mind minor projects, around $700. I just sold an Exceleena 2 (my old one) for a friend, and have seen a few other decent candy cabs come up around here in semi-recent history. If you're looking for a cab around here, put the word out; there are some good Neo people in Ohio.

I don't remember what city, but it was basically an Astro without a panel a guy was selling for 150. He said the monitor was "working" and didn't have many shots of it actually powered on so who knows.
A net city might be cool, but I'm mostly looking out for the Astros, I think. I don't have that much money to spend anymore lol.

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm in Columbus. Honestly, only responses I expected are the usual mmsadda, Terry.330 and Jon, the last of two of which are conspicuously absent, thus far. Regardless, I'm up for an afternoon of screwing around, hence the post.

Time frame/availability/interest?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I'm in Columbus. Honestly, only responses I expected are the usual mmsadda, Terry.330 and Jon, the last of two of which are conspicuously absent, thus far. Regardless, I'm up for an afternoon of screwing around, hence the post.

Can that get any gayer?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Brian, pls. I saw your thread yesterday. I just noticed that "lawyer guy" posted the thread and was like "meh".:D

I'd be up whenever. Although, the timing is extremely bad as winter's just about to start.

As far as conventions go, I will be doing CORGS in Columbus in May. I'm skipping Ohayocon for the 2nd year in a row because 16-bit won't be there this year. If you guys would be willing to fly/drive out of Ohio, I'll also be at Midwest Gaming Classic in Wisconsin and Too Many Games in Philly. There were mini-neo meetups at both events this past year.

Jon

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
So I guess I for sure will be at Ohyaocon. Let me know if any of you guys plan on going and we can maybe meet up or something. I'm gonna be running around with a group of friends of mine already. I'm not sure if you guys know but theres this nice place in Hillard called WarpZone, and they have a bunch of retro shit at non-stupid prices. Last I saw they were selling CPS2 boards and some MVS carts as well. I think I bought MS3 off of the owner for 65 bucks last time I visited. Nice group of guys.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
So I guess I for sure will be at Ohyaocon. Let me know if any of you guys plan on going and we can maybe meet up or something. I'm gonna be running around with a group of friends of mine already. I'm not sure if you guys know but theres this nice place in Hillard called WarpZone, and they have a bunch of retro shit at non-stupid prices. Last I saw they were selling CPS2 boards and some MVS carts as well. I think I bought MS3 off of the owner for 65 bucks last time I visited. Nice group of guys.

That Warp Zone place does look pretty awesome, judging from their Facebook. I'll have to stop in next time I'm down in Columbus.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
That Warp Zone place does look pretty awesome, judging from their Facebook. I'll have to stop in next time I'm down in Columbus.

It's a great shop... About ten minutes from my work. Not big, but packed with games, including a lot of imports. Plus three candy cabs, ad hande's always got a good shooter or two in there.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
It's a great shop... About ten minutes from my work. Not big, but packed with games, including a lot of imports. Plus three candy cabs, ad hande's always got a good shooter or two in there.

Darrin is super nice. I only know him from a bunch of our FB banter but he seems like a solid dude/shop owner and I'd visit his shop in a heartbeat if I ever find myself in the area.