Hit me up on PSN-my handle is:

chow_yun_skinny

How are you guys digging it so far?
Elphelt is free DLC, until Jan 5th.

HEAVEN OR HELL?!?
LET'S ROCK!!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I am becoming obsessed with this game. Right now, Chipp is my main character, and I also sometimes use Axl. Chipp is great for rushdowns and mixup oriented play and Axl is the keepaway champ. I'm still practicing against the computer at the moment, to shake off my scrubby cobwebs. There's a lot of characters that seem really fun to use, I foresee putting a ton of time into this game before it feels the least bit tiresome or old. I'm getting halfway through the challenge modes with a bunch of characters before it becomes truly an accomplishment to move on to the next combo...

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Mine comes tomorrow morning. It's been a while on this series and I hear the tutorial is pretty solid, so I'm actually going to try and get into the depth of this game a bit.

I'll be maining Chipp fo sho, but I'm intrigued by Elphelt.

Because boobs and guns.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Im absolutely loving it. We should all arrange getting together to play one night. The lobby system on this game is amazing.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm getting it next week. Still don't have a stick for ps4 yet...

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
playing the ps3 version right now because I couldn't find a ps4 stick and I was inpatient. I'd rather play with inferior graphics than use a game pad.

I dig the game so far, I think I'll buy it again just for the 1080penis

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This game has graphics we were all dreaming of twenty years ago, and now it's a reality.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I haven't felt this much sheer joy playing a fighting game since the Real Bout days.

Back then, I looked at every single little detail in a game, from the subtle animations to the background details to the stylish poses when doing maneuvers. The game has been so lovingly rendered that it's a pure treat for the senses.

Seeing this game makes me really wish that ArcSystemWorks would just be hired to make Garou 2. It would be fucking astounding.

Oh, and it controls and plays pretty well too. Although I'm overwhelmed by all the various systems and mechanics that are available.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
My LE is sitting at home......waiting for me to come back from outta town

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
IS everyone on ps3 or ps4? I have a stick for ps3 but would prefer it on ps4 I think.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I enjoyed the demo and I'm leaning towards picking up the limited PS4 edition. What are my options for arcade sticks?

I'm still blown away by the existence of a new Guilty Gear. I never got real deep into the mechanics, but I put in a lot of fun hours with friends on the PS2 GGXX back in the day. Played a few rounds of Accent Core at Denjin Arcade (RIP) when I was out west visiting friends a few years ago. I got wrecked pretty good so I am looking forward to starting from scratch and learning GG rather than my mindless mashing of the past.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I'm on PS4 and I believe there's a Mad Catz stick that's PS3/4 compatible but have two more on the way with decals specifically for GG and Persona 4: Arena Ultimax

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I've played it a few times so far. I will put more time into it after the 29th. So far i really like it. I plan on maining Slayer, and maybe May

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm on PS4 and I believe there's a Mad Catz stick that's PS3/4 compatible but have two more on the way with decals specifically for GG and Persona 4: Arena Ultimax

Looks like the GG one is sold out and Persona 4: Arena Ultimax ships near the end of January. There also seems to be a Ultra SFIV version, but that is sold out now too. I may just pick it up for PS3 and save myself some cash.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Looks like the GG one is sold out and Persona 4: Arena Ultimax ships near the end of January. There also seems to be a Ultra SFIV version, but that is sold out now too. I may just pick it up for PS3 and save myself some cash.

I'm gonna wait it out for the GG one, my old stick died and I now look it's a must that it's compatible for PS3/4 for me to buy a new one

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I have the game on both PS3 and PS4 (Limited Edition).

As far as sticks go, im waiting on my GG MadCatz TE2 to arrive next week. That one was extremely limited and according to Mark Julio (MarkMan) of the company, those are sold out and the only prints they will have afterwards will be another limited run in January and then the few units they take to trade events and tournaments. So if you want that one be vigilant about checking them on twitter and such.

But I do have my modded Round 1 TE that I use on PS3/360/XB1 for now.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I'm trying to find a (really) cheap PS3 just to pick this up.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I haven't felt this much sheer joy playing a fighting game since the Real Bout days.

Back then, I looked at every single little detail in a game, from the subtle animations to the background details to the stylish poses when doing maneuvers. The game has been so lovingly rendered that it's a pure treat for the senses.

Seeing this game makes me really wish that ArcSystemWorks would just be hired to make Garou 2. It would be fucking astounding.

Oh, and it controls and plays pretty well too. Although I'm overwhelmed by all the various systems and mechanics that are available.

Seriously!! It's cross play between PS4/PS3, right?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Been watching the story mode, have to say I quite prefer this model where you have one fully voiced story, instead of a dumbed-down, vague, choose-your-own-adventure style. While it was fun to play and find the various paths, from a narrative perspective, it sucked as a presentation.

It's probbaly the most cohesive story presentation I've seen in a fighting game. And running on all in-game assets on the PS4, it looks like a well produced anime. Like having a long OVA included inside.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Been watching the story mode, have to say I quite prefer this model where you have one fully voiced story, instead of a dumbed-down, vague, choose-your-own-adventure style. While it was fun to play and find the various paths, from a narrative perspective, it sucked as a presentation.

It's probbaly the most cohesive story presentation I've seen in a fighting game. And running on all in-game assets on the PS4, it looks like a well produced anime. Like having a long OVA included inside.

I've been doing this as well today after a little practicing. Quite a nice surprise bonus to the game, I must say.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Does anybody know if more characters from X like Johnny, or Testament will be added to the roster?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Does anybody know if more characters from X like Johnny, or Testament will be added to the roster?

Johnny and May are in cut scenes, and given that the cutscenes and in game assets are the same...there is a chance they'll be DLC.

I'm hoping for Jam to make an appearance myself...but it's not looking good.

How about that codex, eh? Read through it last night. Really enjoyed it!