Idiot Ebola Nurse...

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/health/us-ebola/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Discuss..

Personally I think she is a complete moron. She says "8 days after I left Africa and I feel fine, I'm not contagious". You'd think being a nurse and knowing that the incubation period of Ebola is 21 would click in her head. She should have any qualifications as a nurse revoked and if she spreads Ebola to anyone..she should be charged with murder/attempted murder.

She has this whole mentality of "I went to Africa and worked on saving people from this disease, so I should be able to do whatever I want".

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
White bitch entitlement...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Good for her. She is not being quarantined, she is being detained.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
She's a fucking moron.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Good for her. She is not being quarantined, she is being detained.

She is even ignoring the home quarantine, so it's alright if she walks out into a public setting with hundreds of people? What if she starts getting symptoms then? Starts coughing? Then a whole lot of people would be screwed.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
It take a special kind of cold hard bitch to not be worried about spreading a deadly virus.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member

The crazy part is that she's a damn nurse...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
"She has twice tested negative for the virus."

MSF recommends self-monitoring. Why can't she do that?

There have been exactly 3 cases of Ebola in the United States and only 1 of case where the virus was transferred inside the border.

It really doesn't seem like it is time to be locking people in their homes yet under thread of arrest.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
"She has twice tested negative for the virus."

MSF recommends self-monitoring. Why can't she do that?

There have been exactly 3 cases of Ebola in the United States and only 1 of case where the virus was transferred inside the border.

It really doesn't seem like it is time to be locking people in their homes yet under thread of arrest.

Normally I'd agree with you... and for 99.9% of the people in the US, sure.... but when someone is actively working with and around patients with Ebola, please take extra precautions and hang out at home for a month. This isn't a difficult concept.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
already quarantined for couple days still non symptomatic i says that enough. I would tell them to fuck off as well.

Being a nurse im pretty sure she is aware of how ebola spreads

if it was me I dont work i dont get paid. Most people show up to work with the flu and that would only take ~3 days of staying at home. So fuck 21 days keep getting tested 2x a day and have at it. you can't get Ebola from just sitting next to an asymptomatic, or even mildly symptomatic person

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
already quarantined for couple days still non symptomatic i says that enough. I would tell them to fuck off as well.

if it was me I dont work i dont get paid. Most people show up to work with the flu and that would only take ~3 days of staying at home. So fuck 21 days keep getting tested 2x a day and have at it. you can't get Ebola from just sitting next to an asymptomatic, or even mildly symptomatic person

How hard would be to just wait it out for 21 days, dont be such a fucktard. Its protocol, just like the soldier will be quarantine when they come back. Everyone is following protocol except for this cunt & apparently your fucking ass if you were in that situation.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The CDC guidelines are adequate.

The chance of transmission during NORMAL human to human interactions by persons not showing symptoms is so small. And that is if she was infected with the virus.

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
How hard would be to just wait it out for 21 days, dont be such a fucktard. Its protocol, just like the soldier will be quarantine when they come back. Everyone is following protocol except for this cunt & apparently your fucking ass if you were in that situation.

If it was me 21 days would be hard. Protocol is not a law and change at will. Why not 22days? why not 20 days? incubation period be damned because if you had you can spread it up 8 weeks after being symptom free.
So if you want to be sure the quarantine should be for 77 days.

If your not symptomatic you cant spread it. thats not hard to understand. If they are then im Ok with quarantine.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
If it was me 21 days would be hard. Protocol is not a law and change at will. Why not 22days? why not 20 days? incubation period be damned because if you had you can spread it up 8 weeks after being symptom free.
So if you want to be sure the quarantine should be for 77 days.

If your not symptomatic you cant spread it. thats not hard to understand. If they are then im Ok with quarantine.

8 weeks? Where did you get this number from? What i have read is if you're in contact w/ someone w/ Ebola there is a duration of 2-21 days that you can possibly get it. I have not read anything about 8 weeks, post a link to support this.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It take a special kind of cold hard bitch to not be worried about spreading a deadly virus.

All bitches are cold hearted don't fool yourself.

I wouldn't be quite so sure. There are plenty of people who are bad at their jobs or don't know their profession as well as they should. Doctors and nurses are no exception.

And any of these dumbfucks not willing to stay on home quarantine should be shot dead the minute they step outside.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
All bitches are cold hearted don't fool yourself.

I wouldn't be quite so sure. There are plenty of people who are bad at their jobs or don't know their profession as well as they should. Doctors and nurses are no exception.

And any of these dumbfucks not willing to stay on home quarantine should be shot dead the minute they step outside.

A good example is the dumbfuck doctor in New York who lied about his self quarantine. He felt sluggish & still decided to go out running in the park, eating in restaurant, riding the subway & then fucking bowling...Who else know what the fuck this guy did. If a fucking doctor is this careless, how the fuck are we suppose to rely on people to self quarantine themselves.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
We haven't forced any of the other nurses or hospital staff, police or anyone else who has come in contact Thomas Eric Duncan, into mandatory quarantine... Though those would all be over 21 days by now. At this point, I don't know why everyone is up in arms over this. When Kaci Hickox landed in NJ, the forehead scanner in the airport reported a fever, so she was quickly quarantined. After it was found that the initial reading was wrong, and she didn't have a fever, and she tested not-positive, there was little reason to keep her detained in Jersey. There's also little reason to keep her under home arrest, forcefully. I would have no problem if she stepped up and said, "I'm doing this... I'm going to quarantine myself." Cool, she's being overly-cautious, and doing what she thinks is right to keep people safe.

That being said, she's asymptomatic, she's aware of the risks of going out in public while sick, if she gets sick, and what else can you say? So far we've had nobody infected by the people who were exposed and went out. Sure. That could turn sour in a second, but I'm a little bit skeptical on the level of contagiousness we're even dealing with here. Nobody that dealt with the cleanup of the apartment Duncan was in... Not his ex-girlfriend/family/kids that were trapped in that apartment for days while the hazardous waste removal team was trying to get a permit to transport the waste on the road. Duncan's ex had to clean up the mess herself, and was exposed to waste and vomit.

I'm not saying that she couldn't be infected, but I still think what happened in Dallas was an absolute fuck up of process and procedure that allowed two nurses to be infected. Unless you're there, tending to the dying in their final days, I have a feeling your chances of catching the virus are pretty low. So low that, it would take this nurse, or ones like her, to basically be dying in the road covered in vomit and shit, and you helping them make it to the hospital to really have to worry about this.

Maybe that's me being naive, but whatever. On the other hand, Kaci Hickox is going to be absolutely ostracized in her neighborhood. So I have a feeling her resistance of isolation is going to be harder for her to achieve than she'd hope.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
8 weeks? Where did you get this number from? What i have read is if you're in contact w/ someone w/ Ebola there is a duration of 2-21 days that you can possibly get it. I have not read anything about 8 weeks, post a link to support this.

it was new england journal of medicine podcast and they also cited the world health organization for these numbers. i think i also heard something similar from the johns hopkins medicine podcast.

and since people need to be spoon fed here is something from who stating 7 weeks for male semen http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Nurse is not the same thing as doctor. You have no idea how ill-educated and all-around ignorant nurses can be.

if it was me I dont work i dont get paid.
You know when else you don't get paid? When you're dead. It's called priorities.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If you're not willing to stay in your home for 21 days after returning, don't go there in the first place. What is unreasonable about a 3 week in home quarantine after returning from working directly with ebola patients?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
it was new england journal of medicine podcast and they also cited the world health organization for these numbers. i think i also heard something similar from the johns hopkins medicine podcast.

and since people need to be spoon fed here is something from who stating 7 weeks for male semen http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

Where is the 8 weeks you were talking about? The 77 days bullshit....As for the 7 weeks that's for someone who survive the ebola that's still in their system. 2-21 days is the incubation period. Most people who has ebola die in a couple weeks, i dont see where you're getting 8 weeks.