Prepare for Super Castlevania IV to skyrocket....

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I don't know who Mike and James are (Some YouTube stars?) but that price is ridiculous, i paid something like 30€ for a CIB SFC copy in nice condition.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Good thing I have mine (loose) and its one of my favorite SNES games I have, so I'll hold on to it. The price is gonna get insane tho, those guys have a way to make classics balloon on price.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
100 for that masterpiece seems fair. I own just the cart but a complete copy would be nice to own.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
100 for that masterpiece seems fair. I own just the cart but a complete copy would be nice to own.

Well considering I bought a CIB copy two years ago for 25 bucks on eBay. No, 100 is retarded. Fuck cardboard.

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
I remember years ago Toys R Us clearing these out and had a bin full of the Majesco version and Genesis Bloodlines for $5 each.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Damn them for playing the best Castlevania game during October when they always do Halloween/horror type stuff. Damn them more for not being as popular a few years back when James did all of the old CV games. Did Zombie Nation NES go up as well since they broke in the month with that one? I'm a huge fan of the guys and Cinemassacre is a really cool site. Past the game stuff James is a walking encyclopedia of horror knowledge and all of the movie reviews on there are very great watches.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
SCIV is great. The CV I played the most until I got Bloodlines a few years ago.

Both of which are awesome...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You guys still collecting US SNES games? Damn.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Thank fuck I bought my copy 10 years ago...

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I remember years ago Toys R Us clearing these out and had a bin full of the Majesco version and Genesis Bloodlines for $5 each.

That's how I got mine back around 2003

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
On one hand...I say CVIV is well worth $100 if you're looking at it based on quality. I have always like IV the best in the series (yes...more than Dracula X)...

On the other...it is common as common due to how popular it was. The rarity does not justify the price tag...

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I recently scooped a loose cart for 30$. I thought it was a fair price, I've been seeing loose carts go for 40-50$ these days.

I guess internet shows are to blame for making certain games get even pricier. Like what happened with Pocky and Rocky and Demon's Crests.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Sold mine after I got my Super Everdrive. Snes prices are becoming ridiculous with these damn kids and their gay Youtube nonsense.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Much of the blame lies with the buyer. Put "an RPG just like Final Fantasy VII" in the description or title of a game on ebay and watch the price soar. Then when someone else sees that it goes for a high price, they put theirs on for a little more and it just continues.

Uninformed buyers are worse than fuckwit sellers.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Quality aside, the game is common as fuck and even had a rerelease late in the systems life that sat in clearance bins for years. SNES collectors be crazy.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I don't think it will skyrocket, it's not an obscure game but part of a franchise with its solid fanbase. And James never made mystery about his love for SCIV.

Anyway, I miss ebay of the 2002-2006 period, still remember when I switched my PAL collection for a US NTSC. American counterparts were so cheeeeeap. The best scoop was a Earthbound for 25$ because listed as "Earthbolind" lol.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Wow. Once again, happy to have finished all my SNES buying some time ago. I'd be seriously frustrated trying to build a library of my favorites with today's going prices.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That and the labels are flat...as in not glossy. They also have cast printing on the rear of the cart instead if a sticker.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm guessing James and Mike are James Rolfe and Mike Mattei.

Outside on the N64 and the NES, I didn't do a lot of cart collecting when I was a kid. Mostly focused on disc based games. A few years ago I started up on Genesis and SNES and noticed that you can hardly find any of the gems for a reasonable price. Its getting worse and worse every year. At this rate I fear I will never get my hands on the likes of Demons Crest.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm more than happy with just having the game on my Wii U. Looks amazing, have the option for GamePad only play, savestates and only cost $7