Windjammers price...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Got this for for like 10-20 bucks years back off craigs. Along with double dragon and others. I need to play it more.

Zapf

n00b
You forgot the people who hoard multiple copies of games. Why do you need 2 mark of the wolves aes carts, and a complete and sealed copy of little Sampson? People who hoard like that probably rarely even play the games. If at all in fear of damaging them

I only really have an issue with that if it impedes preservation (weird shut in collectors hiding virtual boy prototype games in their dungeon, etc)

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I got a Windjammers "jizz" cart, from what I can gather... it's teh rarez.

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
this happens to be my favorite Neo Geo game.

i am happy that this game is becoming more well known and valuable because I love this game and I want it to be a timeless classic

if this is truly as common of a game as people and the guide say then the prices will come down.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
this happens to be my favorite Neo Geo game.

i am happy that this game is becoming more well known and valuable because I love this game and I want it to be a timeless classic

if this is truly as common of a game as people and the guide say then the prices will come down.

Unfortunately that is not how popular games work. If so earthbound would be $15.00. Windjammers will most likely continue to climb in price as people rush to get it before it goes up more, and hold on to it. Plus on a console flooded with fighters, windjammers is a unique game, people desire different genre of game that is good, and windjammers fits that bill perfectly.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Also worth noting that WJ (like Mag Lord) is not on any of the current multicarts. Who knows if that would even make a difference, though.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Also worth noting that WJ (like Mag Lord) is not on any of the current multicarts. Who knows if that would even make a difference, though.

I was thinking that too. I know I will not sell my copies for that very reason.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Someone sell me Windjammers, its not my birthday anymore but i love belated birthday gifts!

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Can somebody please link videos of hipsters playing Windjammers?

I feel like getting angry.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sorry to piss anyone off, but this is the most over-rated Neo-Geo game in my opinion. It's fun, but there are way better ways to spend over $100 on MVS games.

Agreed 100%

Game is worth $20 on a good day.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I think some of the videos on this page fit the bill.

http://www.giantbomb.com/windjammers/3030-11500/videos/

The comments make me sick.

306773-picture_23.jpg

^ What the fuck is that?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
The comments make me sick.

306773-picture_23.jpg

^ What the fuck is that?

I only watched maybe a minute of the drunken karaoke / WJ vid, and didn't look at the comments. I'm not even really familiar with Giant Bomb. AT LEAST 95% of online gaming "media" (not sure what else to call podcasts and YouTube shows) are complete shit, so I just stick to stuff that I've been watching for a long time, and am highly resistant to anything new.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
How common is Windjammers? Ebay isn't exactly flooded with carts like Earthbound where there are 50+ listings every day. Right now there is only 1 WJ cart up BIN for $150.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
My copy has a serial # of 32659. So does that mean that at least that many were made? That seems like a lot...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
How common is Windjammers? Ebay isn't exactly flooded with carts like Earthbound where there are 50+ listings every day. Right now there is only 1 WJ cart up BIN for $150.

Ebay isn't really flooded with many MVS carts after the CMVS revolution. A lot of supposedly common games rarely come up for sale anymore. In the case of Windjammers, it's probably because people tend to hold onto the game because it's genuinely enjoyable. I don't know what the deal is with games like Ragnagard and Eightman.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wonder though with MVS games, how many were just trashed when arcades died. How many were just left inside dead machines and were just junked with the machine. Or when the bank forclosed and gutted the arcade, I'm sure they saw 20 year old arcade games and machines as just junk and wasn't worth the effort trying to sell. I wonder what the total stock left of a game like Windjammers on the MVS is.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I wonder though with MVS games, how many were just trashed when arcades died. How many were just left inside dead machines and were just junked with the machine. Or when the bank forclosed and gutted the arcade, I'm sure they saw 20 year old arcade games and machines as just junk and wasn't worth the effort trying to sell. I wonder what the total stock left of a game like Windjammers on the MVS is.

Knowing some of the wackos in the hobby, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some guy in Italy (or elsewhere) with 5000 copies of the game collecting dust in his own private warehouse.

Marcel1980

n00b
Bought mine with metal slug 2 and X for 150 euros. That was a good price. I still can get one in the shop for 85euro. Just the cartridge.