Honly shit; what a fuckin day in college football!

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Where to start? Previously undefeated Bama went down to Ole Miss. Apparently, this was the Rebels first win against a #1 ranked team ever. In another SEC game, previously undefeated Texas A&M went down to Mississippi State. So, two Mississippi schools picked up big wins and remain undefeated. But enough about the SEC, ND beat Stanford with a TD pass on 4th down to remain undefeated. And previously undefeated Oklahoma went down to TCU who remain undefeated. I can't recall another day with such close games and results that have big ramifications.

And among all the drama, the Seminoles keep chugging along.

90s

Arizona State just beat USC by a Hail Mary. What a day.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Pretty much if you were ranked today your number was up. Just watched Kentucky take down South Carolina and Utah is giving UCLA one hell of a run for their money.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm a Colorado State Rams fan, and I'm worried somebody is going to poach our coach.

Still, it feels great to be proud of my team again. After that New Mexico Bowl epic win last year, and a 4-1 start this year, I'm about as happy as I could be.

They've already won one rivalry game (Colorado), two more to go (Wyoming and Air Force). If Boise loses to Nevada (and they're down 21-16 right now) CSU would win the MWC Mountain Division if they win out.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my beloved northwestern took out wisconsin today. less of a big deal in the normal circles, but still a nice win vs a ranked team.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Down goes UCLA.

Also Oregon on Thursday.

Polls gonna get one hell of a shake up.

All these teams lost to lower ranked or unranked teams:
#2 Oregon
#3 Alabama
#4 Oklahoma
#6 Texas A&M
#8 UCLA
#16 USC
#17 Wisconsin
#18 BYU

And these teams lost to a higher ranked team:
#14 Stanford
#15 LSU
#19 Nebraska

Last edited:

90s

Down goes UCLA.

Also Oregon on Thursday.

Polls gonna get one hell of a shake up.

All these teams lost to lower ranked or unranked teams:
#2 Oregon
#3 Alabama
#4 Oklahoma
#6 Texas A&M
#8 UCLA
#16 USC
#17 Wisconsin
#18 BYU

And these teams lost to a higher ranked team:
#14 Stanford
#15 LSU
#19 Nebraska

Damn, thats a good summary. With few teams likely to go undefeted, I can already see justifications for two SEC teams in the 4 team playoff forming...:oh_no:

Next weekend's matchups don't look as intrieguing, but I'm, looking forward to these:

- Baylor vs. TCU
- Auburn vs. Mississippi State

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Tennessee still lost to Florida, so at least that game went like it was supposed to.

Also, since 68k and Bobak aren't around to start this thread, please rename it to "The Official 2014 College Football Thread" so that it will turn up with all of the past seasons threads in a search.

Also also, LOLregon. Although the most embarrassing loss was probably LSU.

Pope Sazae

It's going to be interesting. I don't see anybody being able to run the table in the SEC, everybody is just to damn good there and the same for the Pac-12. Just waiting to see Eastern Carolina keep coming up from nowhere and whip folks up.

lithy

20 Year Member
Damn, thats a good summary. With few teams likely to go undefeted, I can already see justifications for two SEC teams in the 4 team playoff forming...:oh_no:

Just two? There should be at least three, and if FSU manages to not lose, then they'll be the fourth and they will get dominated by whoever they play. Especially after Crab Legs McGhee gets ruled academically ineligible for the playoff game for whatever new stupid reason.

famicommander

15 Year Member
As long as they don't try to stick Ohio State in the playoff I'm okay.

Also hope Notre Dame loses at least three games, because they'll think up any excuse they can to put those assholes in.

lithy

20 Year Member
Also hope Notre Dame loses at least three games, because they'll think up any excuse they can to put those assholes in.

As much as I hate to see them in as well, it is almost as fun to see them get demolished on the big stage ala the 2013 BCS title game.

But you're right. TCU hanging out just inside the Top 25 while the golden domers get Top 10 treatment all based on program 'prestige' is ridiculous.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
War Damn Eagle

we still got ole piss and GA to worry about.

90s

Also, since 68k and Bobak aren't around to start this thread, please rename it to "The Official 2014 College Football Thread" so that it will turn up with all of the past seasons threads in a search.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that ability. If a mod could do it, it would be appreciated.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
and Nebraska took a boot to the head last night.
would have been a decent game if they even showed up for the first half.

famicommander

15 Year Member
New AP Poll
#1 Florida State (-)
#2 Auburn (+3)
T3 Mississippi State (+9)
T3 Ole Miss (+8)
#5 Baylor (+2)
#6 Notre Dame (+3)
#7 Alabama (-4)
#8 Michigan State (+2)
#9 TCU (+16)
#10 Arizona (+16)
#11 Oklahoma (-7)
#12 Oregon (-10)
#13 Georgia (-)
#14 Texas A&M (-8)
#15 Ohio State (+5)
#16 Oklahoma State (+5)
#17 Kansas State (+6)
#18 UCLA (-10)
#19 East Carolina (+3)
#20 Arizona State (+6)
#21 Nebraska (-2)
#22 Georgia Tech (+4)
#23 Missouri (+1
#24 Utah ([unranked previously])
#25 Stanford (-11)

Fell off the charts: LSU, USC, Wisconsin, BYU

TCU and Arizona surging; UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon plummeting

Mississippi schools tied in the polls

Big games this weekend:
#2 Auburn @ #3 Miss St
#3 Ole Miss @ #14 Texas A&M
#9 TCU @ #5 Baylor
#12 Oregon @ #18 UCLA
#13 Georgia @ #23 Missouri

90s

TCU...how do you lose a 21 point lead like that? :oh_no:

In other news, Auburn is no longer undefeated, neither is Arizona, Bama barely escaped Arkanasas, ND barely escaped NC :oh_no:, these 1 loss schools keep piling up, and FSU keeps chugging along.

There are some big games among schools with 1 loss next week, but I am particularly looking forward to the beatdown that is going to be ND vs FSU.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
twas a sad game indeed. :( FSU is overrated. MS State and Ole Miss will have to fight it out in the west.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Colorado State wins again, this time on the road against Nevada. Remaining games: Utah State, Wyoming, @San Jose State, Hawaii, New Mexico, @Air Force.

Good shot to run the table. If Boise can drop one somewhere we could go to the MWC Championship.

Go Rams!

Also, fuck Florida State and fuck Notre Dame.

Pope Sazae

From watching the games it's obvious to me that Miss State should be the #1 team in the country. FSU just looks like shit but at least it's shiny shit since the ACC is a joke of a conference. With all the trouble that Winston is bringing the school via the TPD, women's rights groups, Department of Education, civil lawsuits, etc I can't believe that the school hasn't tossed his ass to the curb. He may be good but so was Reggie Bush and those wins right now don't mean you get to keep them.

90s

Lots of FSU hate in here...all I will say is wait till the inevitable FSU vs. SEC school national championship. I'm sure if FSU beats an SEC school again, then people will say they shouldn't have been in the game/playoff to begin with because of their weak schedule/conference. No doubt, the ACC is shit, and Winston is a douche, but being an undefeated defending national champion should account for something. IMO, FSU is as good as any SEC school. They beat the best the SEC had to offer last year, and I think they will do the same again this year. I don't know whats better route to the championship game though; test your metal and survive the SEC, or coast to the championship game like FSU.

Some really good SEC schools are gonna miss out on the playoff. I'm a Big 12 fan, so I'm not too torn up about it. And fuck the pac-12.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
The fires are burning again in the great state of Mississippi. Opponents should expect a torture chamber from here on out, culminating in an Egg Bowl that ALL YOU FUCKERS WILL HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO.

Hotty Toddy, Go Gators!

lithy

20 Year Member
West By Fucking God Virginia is on fire tonight.

Tennessee put up a good fight for the first half but couldn't hang.

Can a mod please rename this thread "The Official 2014 College Football Thread"