SNES collectors/players thread

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
This is the first I'm hearing of any noticeable differences.
The North America version of Ninja Warriors removed all female enemies from the game. They were replaced with more claw enemies so the tactics are a bit less interesting with fewer enemy types to deal with.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I didn't get a SNES until around 2006, when I was 12 at the time.

Some of my favorites:

F-Zero
Actraiser
Mega Man X
Pocky & Rocky
Ninja Warriors Again
Uniracers
Hagane
Chrono Trigger
Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix

There's still so many games that I want to play that I haven't done so yet. I'll be playing Super Metroid for the first time ever when I get it in the mail. Can't wait! :D

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I forgot to add my other games i enjoyed...

Tetris Attack
Kirby's Dream Course
Tecmo NBA Basketball (Had Jordan in it)
Super Bomberman - Came in a big box w/ multi-adapter

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Tetris attack is boss. Best puzzle game ever.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's a shame the sequel to River City Ransom never got localized.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
This x1000….RCR is quite possibly one of my all time favorites...

Looking forward to seeing how RCR:Underground pans out. At least Yoshida and Sekimoto are involved and the team seems passionate about the project.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
There's still so many games that I want to play that I haven't done so yet. I'll be playing Super Metroid for the first time ever when I get it in the mail. Can't wait! :D

Goddamn. I wish I could wipe my memory and get to experience Super Metroid for the first time. Enjoy.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The North America version of Ninja Warriors removed all female enemies from the game. They were replaced with more claw enemies so the tactics are a bit less interesting with fewer enemy types to deal with.

Whatever.

Anyways….

Ghost Chaser Densei
Edo no Kiba
Power Rangers : The Movie

EDIT: Sure, I could type a lot more. But I will refrain.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Goddamn. I wish I could wipe my memory and get to experience Super Metroid for the first time. Enjoy.

Same. Play in a dark room and blast those speakers, the sound is unparalleled even today.

Spoiler: one button (I forget which) is a sprint button. You'll need it in a room I call "the noob trap" since no one without a manual and who just blows through the game knows wtf to do.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
50697_front.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Way too many to list. Let the good times roll.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's a shame the sequel to River City Ransom never got localized.
Shame yes,but at least both RCR beat'em ups do have a fan translation for the SNES.Any ways one of my favorite SFC games.

One of the few good shooters for the SFC/SNES to.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
When I read "your favorite" I understand "if you must urgently sell every game EXCEPT one". No lists, because lists have no ending, specially with you start one.

It would be, for me, Super Mario World. Best game ever.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If i had to sell everything except for one cart non everdrive it would probably be...

Super Mario World + Mario Allstar cart:D

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
When I read "your favorite" I understand "if you must urgently sell every game EXCEPT one". No lists, because lists have no ending, specially with you start one.

It would be, for me, Super Mario World. Best game ever.

Quiet, faggot.

Not everyone can just kill off old friends so easily.

Never ask me to justify my love...Madonna once tried, and just like you, I told her to go fuck herself.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
If i had to sell everything except for one cart non everdrive it would probably be...

Super Mario World + Mario Allstar cart:D

Yeah...that's an ultimate combo right there...all the best Mario titles, all in one place.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Quiet, faggot.

Not everyone can just kill off old friends so easily.

Never ask me to justify my love...Madonna once tried, and just like you, I told her to go fuck herself.

I would've had a really hard time killing off my Turtles in Time but I would if just one game were allowed. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
^^Loses market privileges, spams unrelated in a vain attempt to get them back.

To add a few not mentioned:

Mega Man 7
Rock Man and Forte (looks like a PS1 game...still amazes me to this day)
Terranigma

And, I'd just like to echo Demon's Crest, even though it's been mentioned. Huge fan of Firebrand and Gargoyle's Quest since the original on Game Boy...which is my favorite game ever, BTW.

Jon

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The Snes just had so many great games. A few of my favorites are Sunset Riders, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country's, Ninja warriors, Batman Returns, Aero Fighters, Castlevania IV, Drac X, Super Punch Out.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would've had a really hard time killing off my Turtles in Time but I would if just one game were allowed. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

Its funny...there's always two lists in my head. One list that is whatever the masses consider to b greats and another this consists of games I can seem to play indefinitely. TMNT: Turtles in Time is one of those games, possibly cookie cutter but super fun and doesn't get old.

^^Loses market privileges, spams unrelated in a vain attempt to get them back.

To add a few not mentioned:

Mega Man 7
Rock Man and Forte (looks like a PS1 game...still amazes me to this day)
Terranigma

And, I'd just like to echo Demon's Crest, even though it's been mentioned. Huge fan of Firebrand and Gargoyle's Quest since the original on Game Boy...which is my favorite game ever, BTW.

Jon

I tried so hard to love MM7...but just never could. I actually sold my MM7 cart a few months ago...

The Snes just had so many great games. A few of my favorites are Sunset Riders, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country's, Ninja warriors, Batman Returns, Aero Fighters, Castlevania IV, Drac X, Super Punch Out.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy will always go down in my mind as the "game the might have been". It really wasn't all that great, it always seems like a rush job that they just popped out. I've always wanted a copy of it but good lord, it has always been an expensive cart to get and I've never come across one in the wild. It must not have sold well.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
R-Type III
Parodius Da!
Gokujou Parodius