What was your first videogame console/computer?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My sister wanted a nes, I wanted an Atari after playing the 2600 at my grandma's house. My parents ended up buying a Colecovision with the 2600 attachment. I hadn't heard of a Colecovision before so it was a bit of a wtf moment, but they made good choice.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
BBC Micro Model B followed by Atari ST.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
two pong systems that my brother and I smashed into pieces, but it was the Atari 2600 that I can truly say was the first, which we later smashed into pieces as well.

Once I got an NES for Christmas (I'm thinking 86/87?), the rest was left in the dust.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
First console in the house was the 2600 shared between my sister and I. Shortly after that we got an NES but that was still technically shared.

The first console that belonged to me alone was a Genesis Model 2. TJ&E, Joe Montana 94 and Sonic. Good times.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It wasn't "mine" per se, as everybody in the family played it, but our first console was the Atari 2600. The first gaming system I personally owned was a portable Pac-man unit.

The first computer I owned (okay, technically rented) was an IBM laptop that my alma mater forced on everyone. Seriously, you couldn't opt out of their "laptop initiative" program, even if you had a PC at home--which pissed a lot of students off--but, as I didn't have a PC at all at the time, it was a bonus for me.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
My first console was an Atari 2600 in 1986. Did not like the NES or Master System at the time.

noCLip

Camel Slug
My first was an NES. We got it as a Christmas present and it was the greatest. I was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade at the time. It was towards the end of opening presents for Xmas and my dad said there was one more gift for the family down in the basement. He said it was too big to get up stairs (which in the moment I was too excited to ask how did you get it down stairs). We had an unfinished basement but there was 1 finished room and in it was a tv and the nes. It was so awesome we played mario and duck hunt all night.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
NES for xmas.

later on after my parents split- we had a SNES at moms and a Genny at dads.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
SNES for me. My family had a NES but it wasn't mine, and was around before i was born. But the SNES was purchased for me and my brother to enjoy.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Apple IIe with the mono-green screen! 5" floppies dual disk drives, gotta notch that shit. Dot matrix printer loud as Hell.

NES was the 1st pure game console in 4th grade 87-88ish. Always got stuck with Luigi in SMB.

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Prince of Persia, in DOS !
And NES Mario Bros
Old school dude

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
first console: NES for xmas. Deluxe set with R.O.B. ... It was the best xmas ever!
first computer: IBM clone (was already in the house growing up), then later my parents got me an Amiga in 5th grade.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
like so may others, my first computer was too a C64. in fact, IIRC, ATARISOFT's C64 CENTIPEDE ROM cartridge was the very first video game i believe i recall playing.

a pair of C64's, -one my mother had bought new with floppy drive and dot matrix printer, the other she found at a yard sale, complete with box/accs.-
and one VIC 20 complete with box/peripherals/accs. that she obtained from one of my nephews,
were actually the only computers my family ever owned until around 2000, when we bought a RADIO SHACK COMPAQ PRESARIO package for like $1500
which was our only active use computer until upgrading to separate systems for all of us around i dunno, 2007 or so?
for a while, we only had one net-connected tower, and i had the old COMPAQ for all of my own offline uses,
but today, each of us, -family of four- have our own independent recent make PCs with net connections,
and i've an external hard drive for safekeeping of everything i had once used that old COMPAQ for.

in the mean, just recently, we finally sold off that old C64/VIC 20 collection, along with a C AMIGA setup my mother's boyfriend had when she met him...

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Console - OG NES
Computer - 486SX 33 MHz 4MB RAM 420 MB HDD DOS 6.22 Windows 3.1

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
NES, but I wasn't so fascinated about it when my uncle bought me.
Sega Genesis was "my" first console I bought with excitement................

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
First computer was an Apple 2 GS. And it was pretty damn cool. I haven't owned a Apple computer since. Bards Tale was it's primary function.

Console was a Nintendo with the three in one track and field duck hunt and SMB cart. And that was the only cart I owned for it until after I discovered Funcoland and started buying cheap games for it in the mid nineties.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
My grandma got a NES for my birthday a few years after it was released, although I don't think she had a clue as to what it did.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I guess the first console I purchased was the Sega CD add-on. Then the 32X add-on. Was I a slow learner or what? Those things were shit!

Next console was the PS1.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
First console: Sega Master System
First computer: IBM PS/2 Model 80-041

That computer was my first personal one. The first computer for the family was a 5150.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
First console: TG-16
First computer: Macintosh LC-II

I learned to OBEY at a young age, and didn't really mess with PC gaming until ~4 years ago. I now spend more time on my PC than anything else.