Shit you should have grown out of but don't want to

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Tron. I'm still obsessed with that movie, and I have been since 1984. Just got the new double 180g blue vinyl reissue of the soundtrack. Just ordered the comics, too. Legacy kinda sucked, but the original still rules in my book.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Card games. Now I play a digital card game that doesn't even consist of real cards. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Card games. Now I play a digital card game that doesn't even consist of real cards. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

I know what you mean on this one. I spent my university lectures, which took me a decade to pay back, ignoring the lecturer while I played solitaire on my phone. What was I thinking?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Worse. Because now you're playing against some tiny dicked Korean faggot who pays blizzard for cards and beats you and all you can do is spam the threaten command.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I used to have a bunch of MUSCLEs figures but have misplaced them somehow... Then I saw these, they're called SUCKLEs. Awesome sculpts as you can see, now I'm tempted to buy some MUSCLEs...
View attachment 18218

I know the dude who makes those. He's a lunatic and a genius, I think he ingests too much resin fumes. He's the same guy who created Star Wars Break Beat.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Everything.

Fuck society's expectations.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
80s and 90s teen romance anime.
Most the other stuff I get to enjoy through my kids now like tmnt. Where most men would be thought of as acting childish I get to look like a cool dad playing with my kids and my old toys

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm a Transformers fan, still have my G1s, but above all I'm so happy I got all my Beast Wars, so great, the engineering is magnificient, love it!

Beast Wars is the best!

Thundercats is more symbolic than good in itself. Code of Thundera 4LF!

Silver Hawks left me wanting more Cowboys space characters cause Bravestarr was horrid.

Space Adventure Cobra best all, super classy, a top role model...lol Love him!

I did outgrow G.I. Joe but I remember fondly throwing a twine and interlocking their hads for a zipline mission from the second floor all the way to the fountain...good times.
The best part about Silver Hawks and Thundercats were the Intros and the final painted scenes...memories.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Horror films

Heavy metal music

Warhammer

Posters

Black T-shirts (Metal and Horror once again)

Long hair

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You folks are pretty harsh on yourselves. For example I'm sure you can legitimately stick with the music you like your whole life no??

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wait what?! I didn't know Heavy Metal was something you're supposed to grow out of...

Neither. My wife and friends would disagree though.

I get elitist thrown at me a lot, too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's for gay men, so yes.

There's nothing gay about these sons of metal...
manowar.jpg

Now, my main man and ladies catching trainer is none other than the man himself, the epitome of what means to be a lover, a man of emotion, the man all ladies remember fondly while having sex with their settling partners 'cause he's just too much of a man for just one woman, the prince of seduction, the all loving and eternal sentimental paradox...
tumblr_mny52kYXwo1rg6iiuo1_1280.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just let go, man.

That music hasn't made you happy the way you need it to since you were a kid. Now it just reminds you of happy times in reflection of how shit just isn't clicking in real life...

Let go.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
whats on her crotch? it looks burnt.
never met a chick with hair all up to and around her navel, is it supposed to be burnt from his ''hot touch'' or something?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
whats on her crotch? it looks burnt.
never met a chick with hair all up to and around her navel, is it supposed to be burnt from his ''hot touch'' or something?

It's a gold design on her outfit...she is dressed as Vampirella.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Vampirella is my muse, DZ knows this, sad golden wings of destiny.

Just let go, man.

That music hasn't made you happy the way you need it to since you were a kid. Now it just reminds you of happy times in reflection of how shit just isn't clicking in real life...

Let go.
I did let go of the metal persona. Fuck I was being nicknamed "Metal Chris" in some circles 'cause Chris is such a common name here in the US and my last name is a conundrum. Fucking still getting the "You're Metal Chris?...but you're wearing Sperry Top Siders?!" Seriously though, ever since I cut my hair I've been settling in as a regular human being, wearing decent human being clothes and shit like that. Metal is my favorite music genre without a doubt but I listen to a little bit of everything except country, I can withstand it if it means girls gonna get friendly but that's about it.

I'm open though, you wouldn't even be able to tell the type of mad trasher I once was...

Ok on the happy aspect. These days I stick mostly with progressive metal, more robust composition, better lyrics, top musicianship, top class vocals. I've always sided with the virtuoso but not as much as now.

On the other hand going back to the past; Kreator is coming OCT 25th and I have a feeling this could be my last hurrah since I haven't seen them since my teens. I will lay it all out on the mosh pit for a last stand, the final stand, I will take it as far as it demands and then more, just one last stride, one last passage to that kid I left behind, there will be tears but not that night, I will destroy everything and everyone that night, seriously don't want to think about consequences, just want to be free one last time...

...if I make it back, I think I'll be a different man...same old crazy fuck but anew somehow.

Last edited: