The 1990s were twenty years ago

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm having a hard time accepting that. It makes me feel so old.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I graduated high school 20 years ago. I'm over it now.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Weird, I was seriously talking about this with my GF (no tranny) today.

All my memories as a kid were in the 90's, I was too young to remember the 80's.

It may sound stupid, but I am glad I was the epitome of a 90's kid.

I don't feel old, I feel privileged to have experienced the last great decade as a kid.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
You wanna feel old? Take a ruler and measure how much longer your balls have gotten since 1990.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
They only ended here 15 years ago. You guys are behind.

that would be ahead? he'd be in 2020.
my friends dachshund just died :( he was from the nineties.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The dream of the 90's is alive in Portland, FYI

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
LOL, join the neo-geo mid life crisis club, how time just fucking fly huh guys. It's coming up to almost 20 years since I graduated high school in the late 90. How often do you pass a high school and think to yourself that none of these kids including the seniors weren't even born when you graduated, puts things in perspective does it. Hell back when I was in high school only the richest doctors and drugs dealers had cell phones and the internet was just barely going mainstream, these kids now days are far more privileged to say the least having easier access to technology that we did not have or could not afford.

I was watching wrestling with my cousin son and I did not recognize any of the modern wrestlers so I went on a rant about back in my day it was called the WWF and wrestlers like the LOD and DiBiase had more personality. My cousin son looked at me and said who the heck are those people and it was at that ime I finally realized I had finally turned into my elders who I once called old farts. I was playing super smash brothers with another young relative and I kept calling Princess Peach Princess Toadstool because that was her name when I was growing up.

Yeah remember when we were all young and hip but now here we all are now talking about how much greater the decade that we grew up in was so much superior to the here and now. You might find it hard to believe but once upon a time your parents were young and hip, it's a circle of life guys. We have essentially become our parents now with most of us being between 35 to our early 40 with kids of our own, face it people it had to happen we can't stay young forever.

I bet when you were younger and hurt yourself you just shrugged it off but now when the same mishaps go down getting back up almost requires a defibrillator. So we should all just look at our parents and behold our geriatric futures. I personally am the oldest living male in my biological family and I haven't even hit forty so I probably will not have to go through that geriatric future going by the medical history of everyone in my gene pool with a Y chromosome and the fact I already had some serious medical shit go down. I'm routinely the target of old fart jokes from my brother and cousins but it's cool though because I still get carded when I go out since I don't apparently look my age.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Here's an oddity - watch a movie from the late 90s, the clothes are a little dated, jackets in particular look a bit big on everyone and cars seem a bit shit. Other than that it could almost be filmed today. Watch a tv show from the late 90s and it looks like the beginning of fucking time.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Here's an oddity - watch a movie from the late 90s, the clothes are a little dated, jackets in particular look a bit big on everyone and cars seem a bit shit. Other than that it could almost be filmed today. Watch a tv show from the late 90s and it looks like the beginning of fucking time.

I was watching Seinfeld the other day and thinking that. May as well be watching an episode of Happy Days.

Any movies that used a lot of special effects from then looks pretty bad now though, go and watch Independence day to see what i mean. Actually, no. Don't!

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I still eat my candy bars with a fork and knife, fuck youse guys.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I was watching Seinfeld the other day and thinking that. May as well be watching an episode of Happy Days.

Any movies that used a lot of special effects from then looks pretty bad now though, go and watch Independence day to see what i mean. Actually, no. Don't!

Man forget movies. Try watching certain Sci Fi TV shows. Sliders looks like hot garbage now.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Since I'm quite young, I don't feel this as much as other people. However, even in the early 2000s when I started high school, we used floppy disks to save work. I got my game boy in the late 90s, feels like an age ago.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
However, even in the early 2000s when I started high school, we used floppy disks to save work.

That's is only because you most likely went to a shitty under funded inner city school such as the one I graduated from because there is no other excuse for a computer with that obsolete storage media to still had been in use. Around that era before cdr and definitely flash drives zip disks were the common media.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
That's is only because you most likely went to a shitty under funded inner city school such as the one I graduated from because there is no other excuse for a computer with that obsolete storage media to still had been in use. Around that era before cdr and definitely flash drives zip disks were the common media.

Went to a grammar school that didn't really value computers until like 2010

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

He went to a poor belgian school filled with the smell of waffles and fries.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
1996 (grad year) seems like yesterday to me. Everyone played basketball and wore Air Jordans. Everyone listened to Naughty By Nature and Tupac.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Man I hated zip disks, my computer graphics classwork was erased like 4 times in two years. I had backups, but damn did it cement the idea that you needed them.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Man I hated zip disks, my computer graphics classwork was erased like 4 times in two years. I had backups, but damn did it cement the idea that you needed them.

Click, Click, Click of death.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
:DSorry but the 80's beat the 90's

No, not really...

So many want to think the 80's were some good-time decade...and most didn't live through it.

For the most part, the 80s sucked. People were broke, we were still in the Cold War...many people blamed the government.

The media of the 80s depicted this glamorous time full of excess but for most Americans, it was a near depression. Bread/milk/cheese/peanut butter lines and food stamps are what most lived on. Unemployment was sky high, interest rates were at loan shark levels...it sucked.

The 90s were a far better decade...