Full Neo Geo MVS Collection – Shockboxed!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
No, but seriously, I'm not taking out 160 something cart for a pic.
I think neo-geo-mvs just wanted to know what condition the labes are in. I'd like to know also :D

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Amazing collection! I'd hate to ask how much you have invested in these. I'm sure it's a lot but well worth it.

I don't know really. There's only a handful that I've kept track of the price I paid.

I think neo-geo-mvs just wanted to know what condition the labes are in. I'd like to know also :D

Around 25 or so have replacement labels. The rest varies from pristine all the way to downright horrible. If the original label still hangs on, I'll usually keep it that way. I don't mind labels so much. It's nice to have shiny foils ones, but I didn't seek out for the best labels when buying carts. Only that they were not boot and played without any issues.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great looking collection and congratulations on completing it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice. I actually managed to get most of the games I wanted for the Neo no quiz, no majhong, kept the craptastic games at a minimum, 129 with shock boxes but I also wanted a couple of titles that are just silly priced like Footsall, Bang Bead, Ghost Loop, you know tie loose ends but damn it, I dunno why, I should sell everything I don't play and just forget about it.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Nice collection. Are your mvs all english labeled, japanese labeled, or a mixture of both. How about the condition or the labels with serials?

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice. I actually managed to get most of the games I wanted for the Neo no quiz, no majhong, kept the craptastic games at a minimum, 129 with shock boxes but I also wanted a couple of titles that are just silly priced like Footsall, Bang Bead, Ghost Loop, you know tie loose ends but damn it, I dunno why, I should sell everything I don't play and just forget about it.

Ghost Loop? You mean Ghostlop? It's not like I own an original prototype. I got the XX repro, and that wasn't expensive (around $80-100 or so). Especially for such a fun game. And yes, Futsal (Pleasure Goal) cost me a lot. Considering the best Football/Soccer game in my opinion is Ultimate 11 which is like, 4-5 times less expensive. I only bought it when I was closing in on the end of the collection.

Nice collection. Are your mvs all english labeled, japanese labeled, or a mixture of both. How about the condition or the labels with serials?

Condition was mentioned in a previous post. As far as region, I think about 38 of them have a Japanese label (but keep in mind that some of them are Japan-only). When possible, I would go for an English label, but I wasn't too picky on that. As I've said, my priorities were that the carts were working, and that they were genuine.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nice! Congrats on completing the collection.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
If you convert that to dollars, is it over 9000?

yep.

I have about 150 carts (some duplicates) and that worked out about £5000 and so I would guess £6000 for a complete collection with no duplicates minus the price of shockboxes. so $9000

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
yep.

I have about 150 carts (some duplicates) and that worked out about £5000 and so I would guess £6000 for a complete collection with no duplicates minus the price of shockboxes. so $9000

Seems maybe low. Just the 4 NG Dev cart are worth at least 2, maybe 2.5k.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Seems maybe low. Just the 4 NG Dev cart are worth at least 2, maybe 2.5k.

sorry, was just referring to the official releases, including protos Ghostlop, BB2 and Ironclad, so 151 carts. With the NG Dev carts, extra on top

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
sorry, was just referring to the official releases, including protos Ghostlop, BB2 and Ironclad, so 151 carts. With the NG Dev carts, extra on top

£6000 actually converts to US 10.2k which I feel is about right for the full official set. Give or take a few hundreds depending on carts and labels condition. Including all 4 NG Dev, and Knight's chance, it would be hovering around 13k or so. That's with the current price market, but I've bought a bunch of them cheaper over the last 4 years. It's safe to say I didn't invest that amount.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
jaw.gif

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Impressive collection! Have you insured it?

I'm insured for a good amount, but not specifically for a collection. I asked, and I just have to declare them as video games, and not a collection.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Really nice collection ! Fun to see that they are a few Neo Geo collector in montreal!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The shock boxes look so good! I hope these are displayed prominently in your house!

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
The shock boxes look so good! I hope these are displayed prominently in your house!

Yeah, they are. They're in between the Sony PVMs retro setup, and the arcade cabs. People who are clueless about games have generally no idea what they are, but they still think it looks impressive. Most tend to think they're fancy books.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah, they are. They're in between the Sony PVMs retro setup, and the arcade cabs. People who are clueless about games have generally no idea what they are, but they still think it looks impressive. Most tend to think they're fancy books.

Haha. Im on this thread and my wife was looking over my shoulder and said, "wow, he has a nice collection of art books!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Congrats on the full set, that truly is a work of art! Your girlfriend must really love you - I'm sure she knows better than to ever make you pick between her and the games :lolz: