Nintendo Game & Watch

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I've gotten into collecting these lately. So far I have Oil Panic, Super Mario Bros, and Fire (silver series)

They are neat little handhelds. Anyone else have any? They can get really expensive on eBay, which makes them challenging to get ahold of. My favorite game is Fire probably.. Though I hope to get Mickey Mouse, Donkey Kong, and Mario Bros. Soon.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I really liked donkey kong and Mario bros. when I was a kid. The 2-screen ones are awesome. There's a legend of Zelda one that I've never played, but would like to.

Some of the later ones, like donkey kong hockey, had little controllers that came out of the main unit. Really cool stuff.

Out of all of them, donkey kong jr is my favorite. I still play it today regularly on my 3ds.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I really liked donkey kong and Mario bros. when I was a kid. The 2-screen ones are awesome. There's a legend of Zelda one that I've never played, but would like to.

Some of the later ones, like donkey kong hockey, had little controllers that came out of the main unit. Really cool stuff.

Out of all of them, donkey kong jr is my favorite. I still play it today regularly on my 3ds.
Donkey kong Jr is pretty good. Not sure if I like it or the original donkey kong better though...

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I used to play Chef a lot when I was a kid at my aunt's house. It was a ton of fun back then, would definitely pick it up if it were cheap..

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Octopus was my first and favorite game&watch. I remember I got it for my birthday, my oldest brother asked me what game&watch I wanted. My other brothers begged me to choose Manhole or Chef, but I wanted Octopus, the octopus was huge, covered half the screen, I was in awe. I played that thing til the buttons didn't work, got 999 many times over on game A and B, great memories indeed...

Later we also got Oil Panic and Gakken's Trojan Horse, but I guess the latter is really not a Game&Watch.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
yxCcItd.jpg

j2cI7D0.jpg

g5iVeuV.jpg

sup.
also got the tabletop popeye

Last edited:

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
And here I am I only have Boxed Octopus and a Parachute loosey. Still trying to track down a complete Oil Panic and Trojan Horse, and a loose Chef, manhole and Popeye

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
In terms of prices the Multiscreen games are the cheapest and easiest to find (with the exception of Rain Shower which is usually rare and expensive as fuck)
Most Widescreen games are also cheap except the game "Egg". Forget about collecting Crystal, most Tabletops and the Panorama games like Donkey Kong Circus and Mickey Mouse which are ultra rare.
Silver games like Judge and Flagman are also very very rare and very expensive. The Supercolor games (only 2) kinda suck and are not worth getting. I gave up on collecting because I got everything thats affordable and resonable, everything else is just madness.

Donkey Kong Multiscreen is the cheapest and most common game and it's pretty decent. Squish is also fun and not too expensive. Too bad alot of games on egay are usually missing the battery cover. A loose Oil Panic shouldn't be too expensive.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the 411 man. I have to rebuy all my Game&Watch, Back then I didn't treat my stuff so kindly. Heck I remember, the metal plate on my original Oil Panic fell off! I "tried" to fix my Original Octopus and that was a complete fail.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You can just glue them back on. They're just glued on in the first place anyway.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I did super glue that sucker back. My brother "borrowed" it years ago and I haven't seen it since. He doesn't know where it now...:crying:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
shroom!!!!! dat collection man.....nice, nice.

My wife used to collect these as a kid. Last time I was in Super Potato I thought I though about getting a few for her, until I saw the prices :eek: they were just wrapped in plastic in a bin like you would see in a thrift store, yet most were over 5,000 yen and some well over 10,000 so had to find her a much cheaper gift :lolz:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Damn Shroom! Nice set man!

I just have Zelda and Donkey Kong Hockey myself, but I gotta say it is one of the most fun 2p hockey games I've ever tried.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
shroom!!!!! dat collection man.....nice, nice.

My wife used to collect these as a kid. Last time I was in Super Potato I thought I though about getting a few for her, until I saw the prices :eek: they were just wrapped in plastic in a bin like you would see in a thrift store, yet most were over 5,000 yen and some well over 10,000 so had to find her a much cheaper gift :lolz:

Quite a few games weren't even released in japan so that might've been a reason. 10k isn't that much tbh.

The whole scene is pretty deep considering all those package and licensor variations out there.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My wife has a boxed tabletop DK Jr in her old closet at her mom's house. She won't let me play with it.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
hot damn shroom!

Very impressive collection.

What are your personal favorites to play?

and dare i ask if you have any spares? haha

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I used to have Parachute. Now the only one I have is Super Mario Bros. with a wonky Right button.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The prices really shot up after they introduced Mr. Game & Watch in Smash Brothers. I'd love to get the two player units like Donkey Kong's Hockey. I've still got my duel screen Mario Brothers (Bottle Factory) and even though it's technically a Game & Watch I've got the Super Mario World Watch with the case too.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have a few, but I'm not collecting these things. The market went nuts over the last few years. I would look for them at yard sales etc, but not on ebay.
The panorama models look cool.