New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I haven't bought any of their games ever since their online ranking site was down. Do Neo XYX and Razion even have any password for submission entry?

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
I haven't bought any of their games ever since their online ranking site was down. Do Neo XYX and Razion even have any password for submission entry?

at least Neo XYX doesn´t have the password system for online ranking. I am not sure about Razion - haven´t played it yet - but I am pretty sure it doesn´t either...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This is one of the reasons I no longer buy their games. There is a week or two of fanboyism (I've been guilty of this too) and then nothing. No one plays the games, no one discusses them etc and no one outside of this forum and perhaps a couple of others even know about it.
so you play a game more if it is discussed?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
This is one of the reasons I no longer buy their games. There is a week or two of fanboyism (I've been guilty of this too) and then nothing. No one plays the games, no one discusses them etc and no one outside of this forum and perhaps a couple of others even know about it.

You can only do cartwheels for so long. Once the honeymoon period is over, the excitement wears off as with any game. I also don't think the lack of discussion means people aren't playing the games. There is over 700 posts in this thread....how much can there be to talk about? I play NG: DEV games off and on like anything else but don't feel the need to post about it every time....what would I say?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
so you play a game more if it is discussed?

Kind of. I am on a forum so i do like to talk about the games. There is only a handful of people to discuss Razion with and in 10 years time who is going to give a shit?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Kind of. I am on a forum so i do like to talk about the games. There is only a handful of people to discuss Razion with and in 10 years time who is going to give a shit?

I believe the same people who gives a shit about Neo Geo in general today, 25 years after it was created. These games are made to last and enjoy for a long time, they are not some mobile game that you only play while waiting for the bus to arrive.

Regards.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I also have to say that even when playing a game I don't feel the urge to tell anyone about it. Or to talk about who good or mega bad I am at it. :D

Elder

NEST Puppet
Has there been any hints on what NG:Dev Team is working on next? We've had a ton of shooters and am just curious if you think that'll be their next game or if they'll mix things up and maybe do something like Gunlord or maybe a beat 'em up. Any whispers?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Has there been any hints on what NG:Dev Team is working on next? We've had a ton of shooters and am just curious if you think that'll be their next game or if they'll mix things up and maybe do something like Gunlord or maybe a beat 'em up. Any whispers?

AFAIK there's no official word yet, but they told that some time they might be doing a game similar to Ikari Warriors IIRC.I hope this time is it.

Regards.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, they have never made a 2 player game, and a game similar to Ikari Warriors would be odd to have just a single player.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I think everyone would be. Especially if it's tate again and 2-Player :drool:

Question is, when will the first news come around? My guess is they announce their new game by the end of march and start preordering by April shortly before the AES shipment of Razion.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Razion AES is supposed to ship in April? Do we have any clues or, dare I say, official statements on that? Cuz it would be awesome to have it in time for my birthday :D

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Hope that means April (fingers crossed).

Oh, that. Yeah, I saw that. Wouldn't count on April, really....I was thinking more November-ish?

Or is their track record with release dates better than I give them credit for? I'm actually not sure, so if April is realistic, yay!!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Oh, that. Yeah, I saw that. Wouldn't count on April, really....I was thinking more November-ish?

Or is their track record with release dates better than I give them credit for? I'm actually not sure, so if April is realistic, yay!!

I believe they will release a couple of updates to the MVS version, because AFAIK the final MVS version is the one that gets on the AES carts, because AES carts are not updateable.

Regards.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Attn theMot:

For the record, I played Razion today ;)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
While all you AES people wait on Razion for your console why not fire up GunLord and....

In a world exclusive premier....

You get to see it here first in the neo-geo.com forums. THE GUNLORD LEVEL SKIP CHEAT CODE!

Spoiler:

Pause the game and do the following;

Down, Down, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Button C, Button D.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's a great game to pop in and play. Nice balance of simplicity/dodging and more advanced play. Tactical use of the super shot can get you out of a jam since it blocks most bullets but then you have to wait for it to recharge. The small hitbox helps you negotiate large waves of bullets. The game would have benefitted greatly from a 2-player co-op mode. Graphics and sound are amazing and I enjoy it more in my cab vs my CMVS.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You get to see it here first in the neo-geo.com forums. THE GUNLORD LEVEL SKIP CHEAT CODE!

Spoiler:

:eek:

Also: Finland=Gunlordland?

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
While all you AES people wait on Razion for your console why not fire up GunLord and....

Spoiler:

Thanks, for DC is :

Spoiler:

Down, Down, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Button R, Button Y.

Here : http://dreamcast-news.blogspot.com/2015/02/gunlord-1st-level-cheat-code.html

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The site did credit Razoola and linked to his post as the source.