Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Ironically delivery was the one thing that went smoothly for me. I got the Omega around the 4th week mark. The difficulties started when I reported having an issue, everything went downhill from there. Ultimately Quan is an honest fellow, he provided me with the refund, it's just that there's a serious customer service problem at Arcade Works.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I saw a tweet from Quan that the next shipment of Omegas should be going out soon.

Also, it took about two months for my Omega to come when I ordered last summer. I think that's a more realistic timeline for people who order. The quality of the unit is truly great, so I think it's worth the wait. I'd commented a few pages back about some waviness and dark bars in the image from my Omega, but after playing around with sync using a Framemeister I think it was just Neo Geo's odd refresh rate not playing nice with my TV. I'm getting amazing quality image from it now.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Uh oh. Doom AND you have video issues? Once is coincidence, twice seems like an issue. Are you trying to play it on the same late 2000 sony trinitrons Doom is? Have you tried it in RGB? I intend to play mine on a 1000 line BVM, so if there's video issues I'm going to notice them immediately.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
No, my video issues weren't the same as Doom's (so far as I can tell) and weren't nearly as severe. I don't think my issues were problems with the Omega at all. Neo Geo has an unusual refresh rate as I understand it, and it just didn't play nice with my TVs. With the Framemeister I was able to play around with sync to make the image more stable on my TV, and now everything looks absolutely fantastic. I'm playing on a 2015 Insignia LCD (don't know the model number off the top of my head) via RGB.

Last edited:

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
EDIT, we posted at the same time. Ok that answers it. I figured it was a different problem. I think LCD's are more sensitive to the refresh rate. When I tried the Omega on my LCD tv it didn't have the same problem but it had a bit of a shaky image (up and down continuously), might have been fixable but it didn't really matter though since I had no intention of using it on that.

Last edited:

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Just noticed that the refund Quan issued for my Omega covered the initial shipping as well. That was a nice unexpected touch. Guess he wanted to make up for the problem and time it took. If only he improved his communications I think a lot of these customer concerns could be resolved.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, my video issues weren't the same as Doom's (so far as I can tell) and weren't nearly as severe. I don't think my issues were problems with the Omega at all. Neo Geo has an unusual refresh rate as I understand it, and it just didn't play nice with my TVs. With the Framemeister I was able to play around with sync to make the image more stable on my TV, and now everything looks absolutely fantastic. I'm playing on a 2015 Insignia LCD (don't know the model number off the top of my head) via RGB.

Many home systems had issues like this too. First gen home systems were notorious for not syncing with random TVs. I had one that wouldn't work with my 2000's Samsung SD CRT using any input type, worked fine on any other TV.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Just noticed that the refund Quan issued for my Omega covered the initial shipping as well. That was a nice unexpected touch. Guess he wanted to make up for the problem and time it took. If only he improved his communications I think a lot of these customer concerns could be resolved.
Taking 4 days to a week to respond at times is just unacceptable. I wonder what caused the response time & shipping time to double. Is he doing more business? Is it getting harder to source parts for the omega? I mean it could be anything, we just don't know because he won't say. I wish he would pop in here & just say hi or something & give us all an update on how things are going. Customers relations are important & just dropping by to say hi would do wonders for his online image. The fact that I still don't have my omega doesn't help any either, but if what Heihachi said is True I we should all be getting ours soon.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Taking 4 days to a week to respond at times is just unacceptable. I wonder what caused the response time & shipping time to double. Is he doing more business? Is it getting harder to source parts for the omega? I mean it could be anything, we just don't know because he won't say. I wish he would pop in here & just say hi or something & give us all an update on how things are going. Customers relations are important & just dropping by to say hi would do wonders for his online image. The fact that I still don't have my omega doesn't help any either, but if what Heihachi said is True I we should all be getting ours soon.

Yeah, I suggest following the Arcade Works twitter account and facebook page. It seems like those get updated fairly often (but not daily by any means). The Tweet I mentioned was from Feb. 27, and just said "Next round of Omega MVS shipping is going out this saturday!"

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Figures. I'm going to get the omega when I'm going to be too busy playing the new zelda & the Switch.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Has anyone here received a shipping update? Arcadeworks said my order would ship no later than saturday, but I haven't received any update & it's already sunday.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Has anyone here received a shipping update? Arcadeworks said my order would ship no later than saturday, but I haven't received any update & it's already sunday.

I had received the shipping notification from Arcadeworks on the day it shipped, and the email included the tracking number. Either he's late at sending you your notification or yours wasn't in that batch (or he's late at shipping this batch?). Basically sounds like you need to get back on his case for an update on your situation... Good luck with that.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
"The plan is to have it out on our next shipment of systems. Should be out by this upcoming saturday at the latest. "

This was as of 7 days ago, no update since then. If It doesn't show up by this time next week I'm asking for a refund & taking my business to JNX. There's no excuse for it to take this long. I think I've been patient enough at this point.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
If It doesn't show up by this time next week I'm asking for a refund & taking my business to JNX. There's no excuse for it to take this long. I think I've been patient enough at this point.

You're pretty generous. If I were in your situation, receiving such a lack of communications and been waiting 2 months for a system marked as "usually ships within 3-4 weeks" I'd have cancelled already.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
You're pretty generous. If I were in your situation, receiving such a lack of communications and been waiting 2 months for a system marked as "usually ships within 3-4 weeks" I'd have cancelled already.

I know, I'm a saint aren't I? Thank god for the new zelda keeping my mind off this.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I don't know if arcadeworks watches these topics, but this is the longest I've ever had to wait for something I've ordered. A priority mail shipping label for my order was printed on the 6th. It's now 6:30 PM on the 10th & the shipping label hasn't been scanned at a pickup point, which means he hasn't dropped off my package. I ordered this on the 10th of JANUARY, & it's now the 10th of MARCH. This is no way to run a business, & arcadeworks hasn't even apologized about it. How they stay in business at all is a complete mystery to me.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
How they stay in business at all is a complete mystery to me.

It's because ArcadeWorks' products are top notch. Sure, they may take some time, but once you get them, you are so satisfied that the delay is quickly forgotten. I had an Omega and can tell you its construction is (IMO) even nicer that the AES itself. Great console.

Regardsl

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
It's because ArcadeWorks' products are top notch. Sure, they may take some time, but once you get them, you are so satisfied that the delay is quickly forgotten. I had an Omega and can tell you its construction is (IMO) even nicer that the AES itself. Great console.

Regardsl

I didn't open my Omega when I had it so I'd like to believe the inside is all glorious, but my experience with the Omega was poor. It's well documented in this thread but just as a reminder, the Omega had problematic wiggle behavior on all crt's I tested it on (and on one Sony LCD it had an up down continuous rapid movement which wasn't ideal either). Quan acknowledged the problem and deemed the issue on these Sony CRT models unfixable (or at least too much trouble to fix / not worth it). I know that this is not an actual problem with the mvs boards because a friend of mine has a cmvs that runs without this issue on these tv's so I'm not convinced that the insides of the Omega is all it's made out to be by the community and reviewers online, but again that's just my experience with it.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
You can take months to ship, fine, I get that, but don't give a 3-4 week estimate on your site & then pretend everything's fine when it shows up 68 days later. The guy says "will ship no later than last saturday!", then makes a shipping label the next monday. I asked him what the problem was & he sas "We have you boxed up and completely forgot to put a label on it. We will have it out on our next shipping day which will be wed or thurs. Look for a notification soon with tracking info. " This shipping label hasn't updated AT ALL in the 6 days since he made it, which means he hasn't even dropped it off. If you ship maybe one time a week let people know, but don't go giving estimates you can't keep. I could have had Jamma Nation X build me 3 CMVS, a custom fightstick, & have them refurbish my neo geo CD controller in the time I've been waiting.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I didn't open my Omega when I had it so I'd like to believe the inside is all glorious, but my experience with the Omega was poor. It's well documented in this thread but just as a reminder, the Omega had problematic wiggle behavior on all crt's I tested it on (and on one Sony LCD it had an up down continuous rapid movement which wasn't ideal either). Quan acknowledged the problem and deemed the issue on these Sony CRT models unfixable (or at least too much trouble to fix / not worth it). I know that this is not an actual problem with the mvs boards because a friend of mine has a cmvs that runs without this issue on these tv's so I'm not convinced that the insides of the Omega is all it's made out to be by the community and reviewers online, but again that's just my experience with it.

The Omega is great. It's an MV1C board inside the shell, with a very nice cabling for power and inputs/outputs. My experience with it was nice, i used it with composite and component, both worked fine on my Samsung LCD TV. Not so much on my LG TV, but that was because LG dislikes 240p, whereas Samsung does not.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I'm not saying it's not a good product. I don't even know yet. I'm just relaying what my experience is so far. My tracking number still hasn't updated & it's been an entire week. Why hasn't he shipped it?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
So 65 days later it finally showed up. Mailman didn't bother ringing my doorbell, so I had to actually wait outside in the cold for 30 minutes or so until he walked back to his truck. System was packaged well (wouldn't have used packing peanuts but hey, not a big deal). Did not come with a unibios instruction manual, so I'm looking up how to operate it online.

So far it works fine in RGB. HOWEVER, I am noticing a very, & I mean very slight image problem that seems to happen a minute or so after booting a game (this also happens in the bios so it's not a game issue).

Basically the entire screen shakes for a split second. There's nothing else I can describe it as. I've only tested it on my PVM. Will let you guys know if it happens on my BVM too. I have a hunch playing it on a 16:9 display might fix the problem.

Will report back with questions later. I'm testing & cleaning my games one by one & that's going to take all night.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Getting a "NG" return on all banks on my Metal Slug 3 cart, even after cleaning it. Boards look 100% real to me, & I just cleaned the contacts with deoxit & a white vinyl eraser. Game seems to play fine. Does this mean this cart is about to die?