Record collecting

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Mine arrived the other day, too, but it arrived damaged (seem was splitting on the top of the sleeve). I'm trying to get them to exchange for an undamaged one. Hopefully this goes well, because I REALLY want SotN when it comes out, but I won't continue doing business with them if they ship me damaged product, and don't make it right in some way.

That's a real pain, I hope they make it right. Looks like their Contra soundtrack will go on sale Wednesday night as well:

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-contra-original-video-game-soundtrack

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My Super Castlevania IV LP showed up the other day. Can't wait for Rondo and SOTN tho!

im done after this one. Artwork was not great on the cover, and the good music is spread across all 4sides with boss music in between tracks.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got confirmation today that they're shipping me a replacement jacket for the soundtrack. Other than making me take a picture of the damage :rolleyes: it was a painless customer service experience.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
One of mine from the hero of time was damaged too :rolleyes:
Quite a few people on discogs complaining about noise and pops on that release..

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
kchyXkp.jpg

Five days ago I mailed iam8bit about this shit and no reply. The one star reviews on facebook are well deserved. Not even going to talk about the abysmal quality of the recordings itself...
Fucking glad I cancelled my Persona 5 order.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's a cheap jacket. A replacement isn't going to help much.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Not the point. They shipped it with the records in the sleeves, it could've easily been avoided.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Not the point. They shipped it with the records in the sleeves, it could've easily been avoided.

Maybe im missing something. Are they not supposed to ship in the sleeves?
I'm not thrilled with the quality either. I recently moved my setup, and I thought there was something seriously wrong as this was one of the first albums i tried to play.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Maybe im missing something. Are they not supposed to ship in the sleeves?
I'm not thrilled with the quality either. I recently moved my setup, and I thought there was something seriously wrong as this was one of the first albums i tried to play.

No, you always ship with the disc seperate, as they can split the jackets (a la Shrooms photo) upon any impact during shipping. Similar in theory to shipping AES games because the games will crack the trays.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
i dont remember any of my new purchases in the last 2 years coming outside the jacket.

ChopstickSamurai

I'm bummed that I didn't get a signed version like I thought I was getting. I pre-ordered via Mondo and they clearly had the signed postcard featured on their site. Got my LPs, no postcard. Emailed both Mondo and Brave Wave about it. BW told me it was an error on Mondo's part as they weren't getting the signed version and should've had that listed. Haven't heard back from Mondo yet. :(

Still a nice package tho.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just picked up a Sterling Hank Williams 78.
Not sure what to do with it.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm starting to feel like I should just cancel my Hero of Time preorder. Sounds like a mess all around.

ChopstickSamurai

Signed version was only offered via Bandcamp as far as I know.

That's what I'm finding out, but I'm annoyed they advertised it as such. Checking their site just now it seems they have removed the part about the postcard in the description but still have a photo of it up. Should be interesting to see what sort of response I get back (if any). Grabbed a screenshot before their edit off of Google's cache just in case. Geez.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So tempted....

Brave Wave and Data Discs releases have been really high quality so far!

Yea, I went for it just because it's Ninja Gaiden and who doesn't love Ninja Gaiden? If you want to go the cheaper route you could buy the vinyls separate and not in the box set but the whole point in buying the box set is the packaging and art, ohh yea and the music lol.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Picked up the Cuphead soundtrack and having a good time listening to that as I've got the digital now that my order shipped.

Though I think if I were playing the game a lot it may get old and not be something I would want to listen to as much. It's a good fun listen though.

Looking forward to getting my filthy paws on the actual physical as I am excited to see it in person. The pictures made it look quite lovely.

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/cuphead-4xlp-deluxe-vinyl-soundtrack

IMG-8614.jpg