The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
That seems to be the new thing with Nintendo and other companies now. Pokemon X and Y and Zelda don't have physical instructions. Instead they have them built into the game that you can access off the main menu of the 3DS. Their like the ones on the Wii-U Virtual Console that even have some photos of the game. It still sucks though. I still remember my brother and I ripping into the original Legend of Zelda on Christmas morning looking at the gigantic map and huge color instruction booklet that came with it. Kinda funny people were complaining that most came in black and white and now you don't get anything.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It kind of reminds me of the old video game rentals. The manuals aren't there but if you're lucky, you get a instruction card taped to the back of the plastic case instead.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've had this game for a little over two days, now, and I don't have a lot of time for gaming anymore... That said, I've just picked up the Master Sword and I'm heading to the castle to finish up the first act of the game. First three dungeons have been a blast. Just exploring, especially with the option to rent/buy any item at the start, has been incredibly fun. I love this game, and I've just started playing it. I doubt there is anyone still on the fence after the glowing reviews in this thread, but if so... Add another in the got-to-own it category, because this game is great.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I just hung out in the milk bar paying for songs today, damn the music in this game (like everything else) just blows me away.
I refuse to give up my 1st fave LttP, but honestly this game just nails it in every way possible... I think if I didn't have the history/nostalgia with SNES, it would be the #1 hands down.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I just started Hero mode yesterday - early on it's instant death if hit by certain enemies.
The orchestral soundtrack in this game is phenomenal. The acoustic guitar and flute songs in the milk bar are also awesome.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I got this for Xmas along with a 2DS and although I haven't gotten too far (just got past the Eastern Palace), this has to be among the best Zelda games I've played yet, this coming from someone who's never played LttP that much. The controls are just about perfect, the music is very nice, and I'm really digging the Merge power. This game alone is seriously worth having a 3DS.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I also got this for xmas. I actually beat LTTP for the first time a few weeks ago. I played LTTP as a child but never got around to beating it. Its pretty awesome how similar it is. Def can see how people would be feeling a huge nostalgia trip for this one. So far its basically LTTP 2.0 and i love it.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've been stretching out this game as long as I could but I'm just about to the end. Kinda sucks I really enjoy it. Oh well time to replay Link To the Past or perhaps start on the copy of Disgaea D2 thats been sitting here for months.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Nah,that's when you restart in Hero Mode, and do the dungeons in a totally different order!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I got the game for Christmas and love all the subtle and not so subtle details and allusions to past games everywhere. Going to definitely play this one on hero mode when I unlock it. An absolute gem of a game

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Started hero mode a couple days ago, man i love this game.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I love this game, lttp was my first Zelda. I love how they remixed it, the presentation, the music, everything.

I finished it in 3 days. I am only missing one heart piece.

Do you guys have any tips on the baseball game, I am having difficulty getting to 100 points in it.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
How many hours is this game? Played it and I really enjoyed it-- but I definitely want to get my moneys worth.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I put in 25 hours to beat it, but I was dicking around a bit. You should really beat it twice, once in regular mode and once in hero mode, but I haven't done a hero run yet.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I'd say about 20 ish for a solid play through. Then there is all the extra stuff and hero mode, so depends how long it takes you for the hero mode play through

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
After all the glowing reviews I decided to stop sleeping on this. I actually regret waiting this long to get it now. What an amazing game. I havent touched my consoles since I got it.

O.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It took me just over 32 hours to 100% the main game. Searching for the heart pieces took some time, as did some of the bigger side quests/challenges, but I was enjoying every second of it. I haven't even touched Hero mode yet. The only thing that will probably stop me from playing Hero mode anytime soon is the fact that I got Animal Crossing for Christmas, and... that hasn't left my 3DS in weeks now.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Ok, just finished it. Very good game but also some criticism. For me lttp is still the better game and the best in thr series. The main flaw of this game is that some of the gameplay mechanics are pointless. Some examples.

1: Too many rupees. What the hell are you meant to spend it on? In lttp you were limited to 999 and even though there was not much to buy you still had to watch your budget a bit. I finished this close to maxed out and hardly purchased anything.

2: Never bothered with the potions. In lttp you had to use them at the end at least to finish it.

3: Too easy, i was a lot younger when i played lttp but it felt like more of a challenge. I never died in this one.

4: Being able to rent items. Although nice, it kind of cheapened the game for me. I would rather the structure of lttp.

Overall a nice game, nice to have a sequal of sorts to lttp but still not on par with lttp. Lttp just feels tighter overall and more structured which i like. There is no fat in lttp, everything is there for a reason.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Ok, just finished it. Very good game but also some criticism. For me lttp is still the better game and the best in thr series. The main flaw of this game is that some of the gameplay mechanics are pointless. Some examples.

1: Too many rupees. What the hell are you meant to spend it on? In lttp you were limited to 999 and even though there was not much to buy you still had to watch your budget a bit. I finished this close to maxed out and hardly purchased anything.

2: Never bothered with the potions. In lttp you had to use them at the end at least to finish it.

3: Too easy, i was a lot younger when i played lttp but it felt like more of a challenge. I never died in this one.

4: Being able to rent items. Although nice, it kind of cheapened the game for me. I would rather the structure of lttp.

Overall a nice game, nice to have a sequal of sorts to lttp but still not on par with lttp. Lttp just feels tighter overall and more structured which i like. There is no fat in lttp, everything is there for a reason.

I agree with most of this. I would have also liked a structured item system but the idea of renting was pretty novel. It gave the game the old Mega Man treatment pretty much allowing you to enter the dungeons in any order you like. But yeah....way to easy. still had fun and enjoyed it and the ending was pretty cool. But I won't drop any spoilers.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Do you guys have any tips on the baseball game, I am having difficulty getting to 100 points in it.

It just takes some practice to learn how early or late you need to swing the bat to get the ball to go left or right. The most important part is hitting the birds which are worth 20 rupees IIRC. Once you can hit the birds semi-reliably, hitting 100 for the heart piece is pretty easy.

yoyo

n00b
A Link to the Past is my favorite of the series and one of my top-five favorite games of all time, A Link Between Worlds would probably be my main reason for getting a 3DS, but unfortunately as amazing as I'm sure it is, I just can't justify buying it for just one or two games, the rest really don't interest me. It looks sick though.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
A Link to the Past is my favorite of the series and one of my top-five favorite games of all time, A Link Between Worlds would probably be my main reason for getting a 3DS, but unfortunately as amazing as I'm sure it is, I just can't justify buying it for just one or two games, the rest really don't interest me. It looks sick though.

At the rate Nintendo is going, there are going to be many more quality titles out there. What games are you into? Maybe we can steer you to the light.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Dude, its already got another mega hit IMO... Super Mario 3D Land!

Then a few quality titles like AC New Leaf, LM Dark Moon and Starfox 3D.

A Kirby game and Yoshi's Island in-bound.

yoyo

n00b
At the rate Nintendo is going, there are going to be many more quality titles out there. What games are you into? Maybe we can steer you to the light.

Primarily shmups like Salamander, Parodius and DoDonPachi, RPGs in the light of Final Fantasy VI and Dragon Quest III, also titles like Bonk, Neutopia, King of Fighters, Street Fighter II; Gunstar Heroes, Metal Slug, Mortal Kombat, all that fun stuff haha. I'd like to steer clear from the 3DS VC games as most of those I own and don't really have a need to spend the money to download it just to have a portable version, primarily the portable classics I'd like is a Turbo Express with some HuCards and I'll be happy.