Robocop: TV edited/dubbed scenes...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
As a child, the most probably way I was ever going to 'get' to watch certain films was if I recorded them off TV. There was no way my mother was ever going to buy me Robocop, Aliens, Predator etc when I was a kid.

Good for her.... but bad for me :(

I'd often sneakily record stuff without her knowing, set the VCR late on when all had gone to bed etc, then watch these in my room or whenever I got chance.

But, by far, Robocop had the best and most amusing editing I could remember, even to the point where a couple of my friends still just drop into conversation (on occasion) "...once, I even called him: Airhead!". Harsh words.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not alone in taking some sort of enjoyment from reliving this stuff, so here's what I fathom to be all the footage from the TV edit of Robocop.

[NSFW: Boobies in locker scene only]

If anyone has access to the Aliens TV edit, I'd love to see that one as well. As I remember, that one had plenty of "Freaking" and "Frigging" in it too...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
lol Airhead? That would sound dumb even to my kid mind...

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I distinctly remember an edited-for-TV scene from "There's something about Mary" in which a character was referred to as a "froggin' ash-bowl".
I'd like to see that one topped. ;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Damn I came in here hoping to see a Robocop tv series thread :lolz:

I distinctly remember an edited-for-TV scene from "There's something about Mary" in which a character was referred to as a "froggin' ash-bowl".

scarface always did it for me. In the begginng they ask him "how'd you get that scar tony? eating pineapple?" "How am I gonna get a scar like that eating pineapple?"

for those who haven't seen the movie before, pussy was replaced with pineapple for television ;)

aria

Former Moderator
I liked that Robocop vid because it shows how, even in the 80s, directors were filming alternative shots for TV (e.g. the dressing room) as well has having the actors dub the TV-safe lines. To some extent it also helps when, like Robocop, they had to fight the initial MPAA rating down from an "X" due to violence.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Damn I came in here hoping to see a Robocop tv series thread :lolz:

scarface always did it for me. In the begginng they ask him "how'd you get that scar tony? eating pineapple?" "How am I gonna get a scar like that eating pineapple?"

for those who haven't seen the movie before, pussy was replaced with pineapple for television ;)

I LOVE Scarface for TV, it is such a disaster of a film. The version I saw was different I think. It said "how'd you get that scar tony? kissing toilets?" Or something to that extent.

I feel bad for the poor mutant though. It has to continue its awful life in TV land.... Perhaps there is room for a spin-off there.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yippie ki yay mister falcon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
posterlabdarlingcompanion_6.jpg

i was always a fan of the digital bras from the tv edits for 'showgirls'.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I think The Big Lebowski would be a fun one to see edited for tv.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,

"I have HAD it with this monkey-flying snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!"

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
You may want to add a NSFW tag to the first post. Viewed the first 30 seconds at work and had to do a quick scroll to hide the boobies,

Otherwise, I found this extremely entertaining. I love it when the dumbest things are unnecessarily dubbed.

aria

Former Moderator
You may want to add a NSFW tag to the first post. Viewed the first 30 seconds at work and had to do a quick scroll to hide the boobies,

Otherwise, I found this extremely entertaining. I love it when the dumbest things are unnecessarily dubbed.

Good call, I added one to the first post.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
"Come quietly or there will be...trouble!!" "Awww...FOR YOU!!!"

They really need to make it a special feature on the next BluRay.

"Look at my face DICK! I'm sick of this BOLOGNA!!!"

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
"Ladies...leave"

Yea....that has some serious edge.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
From a KTLA 5 Los Angeles airing of Dumb and Dummer, some time back in the late 1990s:

"We once bred a bulldogt with a shih zhu. We called it a bull poop!"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
"LADIES LEAVE."

LOL. Those weren't ladies.

Do they get the actual actors to redub these lines or just some really good impersonators?

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I used to have an edited for TV version of Robocop on tape that had "once I even called him..a lot worse!" LOL

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
"LADIES LEAVE."

Do they get the actual actors to redub these lines or just some really good impersonators?
I think it's the actual actors, which is awesome.

If they put the TV edit version as a watchable option via Bluray, I'd definitely watch the hell out of it: "Why me? Why me? Why me?"

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
"LADIES LEAVE."

Was thinking the same thing - I reckon it must be the actual actors, if you watch an average dubbed kung fu film the agreed norm for standard dubbing is to use a vegetable.