Neo Geo X game packs delayed until May

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
We have just had confirmation that the additional NEOGEO X joysticks and additional NEOGEO X game packs will now be with available in May.

This is a slight delay over the expected release date of April, however, they have assured us this is with good reason regarding the quality and design of the packaging for the games and the production process with the controllers.

We would like to apologise to anyone who has currently pre-ordered either of these items and we will strive to get these to you as soon as possible.

The NEOGEO X additional joysticks are still available for pre-order here and the NEOGEO X game packs can be pre-ordered here.

http://www.funstock.co.uk/news/neogeo-x-games-and-additional-joysticks-expected-in-may/

I'm interested by the comment "they have assured us this is with good reason regarding the quality and design of the packaging for the games".

Perhaps they won't be blister packs after all.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Beat me to it, FU457!

Also, HAH! Been awhile since we had a genuine carnicero27 catchphrase! That just made my morning. Where ya been? Pipes has been pulling like, quadruple duty for you, here!

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
It's just disappointment after disappointment with the NGX but you would expect nothing less from Tommo.

I'm disappointed. Blazing Star was going to make a nice birthday present for me.. ah well, I can wait a short while if it means we get a nice product.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Color me surprised.

ngx_info_minister.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Pipes has been pulling like, quadruple duty for you, here!

No kidding, I'm beat. It's not easy keeping up with all of Tommo's blunders. You literally need a 3 or 4 man crew working around the clock.

Enjoy your gussied up blister packs boys!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No kidding, I'm beat. It's not easy keeping up with all of Tommo's blunders.

You know, if they were to delete this forum and all its posts, you would lose half your post count.*

kekeke_large.gif

*I am an equal opportunity troll.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well no worries, I'll get the damn things when they do come out.~

PMA

n00b
What's the problem? You'd all be bitching if they released it too quickly and fucked up. At least it looks like they're making sure it's going to be a decent release. There's already 20 games built in, who cares how late it is? Just hope it's worth the extra wait.

pipes

What's the problem? You'd all be bitching if they released it too quickly and fucked up. At least it looks like they're making sure it's going to be a decent release. There's already 20 games built in, who cares how late it is? Just hope it's worth the extra wait.

What's the best case scenario? What exactly is everyone hoping for here?

The irreversible damage was done when they released this thing back in December. A firmware update and a nice plastic case are not going to fix every shitty thing wrong with it. You guys are just waiting for more misery and disappointment.

Damn you Tommo.

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Damn, I was really hoping to have them by the end of the month. Hopefully the delay won't be too long.

PMA

n00b
What's the best case scenario? What exactly is everyone hoping for here?

The irreversible damage was done when they released this thing back in December. A firmware update and a nice plastic case are not going to fix every shitty thing wrong with it. You guys are just waiting for more misery and disappointment.

Damn you Tommo.

The best case scenario is some nicely packaged decent game titles becoming available, a bag of sand coming with the first volume to put inside the handheld to make it heavier and therefore better quality, a firmware update allowing scanlines and screen updates or something, some other stuff, a cable for stuff, and some other cool stuff.

ZackMorris

n00b
Well this is a bummer...was going to get Samurai Showdown 3 and World Heroes Jet...loved those two games...

Tommo get it together!

pipes

Tommo offering everyone a full refund.

This is the only logical thing. They would also have to destroy all evidence that this abomination ever existed.

Also, you're getting close to having 50% of your 10,000 posts residing here in this shitty sub-forum. My 5 or 6 hundred pale in comparison. ;)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Damn and I was getting to close to start selling off parts of my collection to replace them with shiny new SD cards. I guess I have to stick to those old carts and equipment that works like it's supposed to.

pipes

The best case scenario is some nicely packaged decent game titles becoming available, a bag of sand coming with the first volume to put inside the handheld to make it heavier and therefore better quality...

Wait, hold on, you didn't get any sand with yours? Crazy Climber insists that a pack of lube and loose sand came with his.

Talk about quality control issues. What's the name of the guy that packs these boxes? May you be damned Tommo.

Last edited:

Pneuma

n00b
I hope this has something to do with a better firmware update. Have they even announced what the update will contain?

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Wait, hold on, you didn't get any sand with yours? Crazy Climber insists that a pack of lube and loose sand came with his.

Talk about quality control issues. What's the name of the guy that packs these boxes? May you be damned Tommo.
It's in the manual somewhere...going off memory but something like...
Hello Neo Geo X consumer and thank you for your purchase. In order to reach the systems full potential the following must be done first!
A - mix the contents of pouch 1 and pouch 2 together, stir well, let sit for 5 min
B - Generously apply mixture to docking system and controller
C - shove directly up ass (with extreme hate is recommended, insulting yourself optional but enhances experience)
D - Wait for games
E - Keep waiting
F - See our Facebook Page
G - Continue waiting
H - We honestly didn't think this far ahead, our bad, were cool right?
* For a unique 2 player experience have a friend hold on to system while inserted and spin while (strong feelings of much regret optional but recommended)

pipes

Hello Neo Geo X consumer and thank you for your purchase. In order to reach the systems full potential the following must be done first!
A - mix the contents of pouch 1 and pouch 2 together, stir well, let sit for 5 min
C - shove directly up ass (with extreme hate is recommended, insulting yourself optional but enhances experience)
D - Wait for games
E - Keep waiting
G - Continue waiting
* For a unique 2 player experience have a friend hold on to system while inserted and spin while (strong feelings of much regret optional but recommended)

You sir, are a poet.

I was always thinking that Broken and I needed someone on the inside that can share this type of information. Details that only a miserable and regretful Tommo customer can provide. Welcome my friend.

D - Wait for games
E - Keep waiting
G - Continue waiting

I've enjoyed my NGX as an affordable alternative to other methods of owning NEO GEO at home, and happily ignore all the hatorade that gets spilled in this forum, but THIS made me laugh. Thank you!

pipes

This is not an alternative to the Neo Geo, no, no, no. It's a cheaper, low quality alternative for playing Neo Geo emulations. If crisp, clear and colorful graphics and solid build quality is not your cup of tea, then you should definitely pass on the numerous handhelds already available and buy this abomination that slaps technological advancement straight across the face.

I realize that mixing a couple of pouches together to prepare the docking station for insertion may not be a big deal for you but what about all the waiting? Come on, that's just ridiculous.