All the hate is making me hate my NGX too...

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
When I first got it, I was excited. Noticed some minor problems, let em buck, no biggie. I've got a handheld NEO GEO bitches!! High school me would Be sooooo jealous! I don't even care about a few little problems. Noticed the forums had a sub section...started reading them to learn more about it and be a part of the "X" community. Thought it might be fun since I've never really been that active here and a new product is out in which I can be part of the magic.

...starting learning about more problems....starting to get angry....starting to feel I overpaid...ANGRY NOW!!....FEELING NEW GAMES WILL NEVER COME....WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME AND LEAVE EBAY SELLER NEGATIVE FOR SELLING ME THIS OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE HE SAID IT WAS "AWESOME" IN THE DISCRIPTION.....TOMMO IS LAUGHING AT ME.....TOMMO IS SIPPIN' BACARDI COKES WITH MONEY I GAVE HIM FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT....I HAVE NO IDEA IF TOMMO IS A PERSON OR WHAT BUT I PICTURE A BUNCH OF ASIAN DUDES PLAYING CARDS USING MY MONEY AS A FACE FAN AND LAUGHING......STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME AND GIVE ME A HUG...WHISPER EVERYTHING WILL BE OK AND MAKE THE BAD PEOPLE GO AWAY...BUT NO TOMMO...THEY WERE RIGHT...YOU ASS RAPED ME AND THE LUBE HAD SAND IN IT...FUCK...MAKE SOME GAMES...UGH...RETAIL PRICE KEEPS DROPPING....POST SOMETHING INFORMATIVE ON YOUR DAMN FB PAGE...PACKAGING STARTING TO LOOK LESS SEXY ON SHELF....MOVED IT AWAY FROM REAL NEO ITEMS TO B LIST SHELF WITH OTHER TURDS BUT ITS SUCKNESS IS STILL CONTAMINATING EVERYTHING ELSE.....NOW MY ENTIRE COLLECTION LOOKS SHITTY...GOING TO YELL AT MY WIFE.....THIS IS HER FAULT....SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR THIS....ROAD RAGE TIME... ANGER...HATE...ITS BUILDING UP....FUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!

Thats really how I feel after reading NUMEROUS topics, the hate has got to me, I'll admit it. I'm just as guilty as any other collector of buying expensive things that I never play and they just sit on my shelf but they remain expensive things and I am happy/proud of them. I can always unload them if need be and I at least don't feel cheated looking at them. The hate got me to take a good look at this thing, got me to actually play it and experience the problems first hand and now everytime I look at the box now there is a hologram face on it laughing at me. I try to turn the box around but it can shape shift and move through mirrors and all sorts of crazy shit.

What to do now? What would sway me back?
- New exclusive releases from Tommo/SNKP

Thats all I need Tommo. Give me exclusives and I'll give it up to you sandy lube and all. I'll even take unreleased proto games or 3rd party homebrews (sounds like at least one is on the horizon) something to make this system special and make me overlook the problems

I think price is the main issue here though, I bought all the crappy Atari/sega/etc things like this and yeah, they were kind of shitty too but they were like $40

I'll wait patiently and see what happens I guess....
Figured I would post where I stand on this if I am going to be part of the "magic" lol

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Let the hate flow threw you my son. Personally I would turn to religion if I was you, something much more concrete to believe in than NGX being more than a quick cash grab by Tommo.

HB_Gamer

n00b
Dont be a lemming and follow the rest of the followers over the cliff. Wither you like it or you dont. If not sell it. Life is too short to worry about such things and it is only money. If your passionate about it then focus your energy on politics as there is a true problem.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
fuck the ngx dude. It's just a cash grab with zero potential for new releases. You could have gotten the same from a hacked PSP. or Even an unhacked PSP with the neo geo collection (lol).

You want to enjoy the games? connect your computer to the tv and run the roms that way. Fuck spending money to play them half assed.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm surprised Tommo spent the money on lube to be quite honest. Sorry to hear about the sand though.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
tl;dr

get a psp 1000.. like Xander said

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
That's how Tommo want's you to feel when you buy junk like the NGX, nothing but the buyer's remorse.

pipes

I'm sure all of the unfortunate owners will be getting a visit from that holographic face at some point. Some sooner than others.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
When I first got it, I was excited. Noticed some minor problems, let em buck, no biggie. I've got a handheld NEO GEO bitches!! High school me would Be sooooo jealous! I don't even care about a few little problems. Noticed the forums had a sub section...started reading them to learn more about it and be a part of the "X" community. Thought it might be fun since I've never really been that active here and a new product is out in which I can be part of the magic.

...starting learning about more problems....starting to get angry....starting to feel I overpaid...ANGRY NOW!!....FEELING NEW GAMES WILL NEVER COME....WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME AND LEAVE EBAY SELLER NEGATIVE FOR SELLING ME THIS OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE HE SAID IT WAS "AWESOME" IN THE DISCRIPTION.....TOMMO IS LAUGHING AT ME.....TOMMO IS SIPPIN' BACARDI COKES WITH MONEY I GAVE HIM FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT....I HAVE NO IDEA IF TOMMO IS A PERSON OR WHAT BUT I PICTURE A BUNCH OF ASIAN DUDES PLAYING CARDS USING MY MONEY AS A FACE FAN AND LAUGHING......STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME AND GIVE ME A HUG...WHISPER EVERYTHING WILL BE OK AND
THE BAD PEOPLE GO AWAY...BUT NO TOMMO...THEY WERE RIGHT...YOU ASS RAPED ME AND THE LUBE HAD SAND IN IT...FUCK...MAKE SOME GAMES...UGH...RETAIL PRICE KEEPS DROPPING....POST SOMETHING INFORMATIVE ON YOUR DAMN FB PAGE...PACKAGING STARTING TO LOOK LESS SEXY ON SHELF....MOVED IT AWAY FROM REAL NEO ITEMS TO B LIST SHELF WITH OTHER TURDS BUT ITS SUCKNESS IS STILL CONTAMINATING EVERYTHING ELSE.....NOW MY ENTIRE COLLECTION LOOKS SHITTY...GOING TO YELL AT MY WIFE.....THIS IS HER FAULT....SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR THIS....ROAD RAGE TIME... ANGER...HATE...ITS BUILDING UP....FUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!

Thats really how I feel after reading NUMEROUS topics, the hate has got to me, I'll admit it. I'm just as guilty as any other collector of buying expensive things that I never play and they just sit on my shelf but they remain expensive things and I am happy/proud of them. I can always unload them if need be and I at least don't feel cheated looking at them. The hate got me to take a good look at this thing, got me to actually play it and experience the problems first hand and now everytime I look at the box now there is a hologram face on it laughing at me. I try to turn the box around but it can shape shift and move through mirrors and all sorts of crazy shit.

Thats all I need Tommo. Give me exclusives and I'll give it up to you sandy lube and all. I'll even take unreleased proto games or 3rd party homebrews (sounds like at least one is on the horizon) something to make this system special and make me overlook the problems

I think price is the main issue here though, I bought all the crappy Atari/sega/etc things like this and yeah, they were kind of shitty too but they were like $40

Figured I would post where I stand on this if I am going to be part of the "magic" lol

I love my NeoGeoX...but this thread made me lollerz in my pants.

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
I'm surprised Tommo spent the money on lube to be quite honest. Sorry to hear about the sand though.
Oh they lubed it up real good with that sexy packaging, then they pulled it out of the box and shoved it directly up my ASS! I showed them though, my powerful buttocks folded that system shell like a taco...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Not exactly sure what you're expecting from a company that endorse this as their own corporate ID/logo:

714.jpg

pipes

Not exactly sure what you're expecting from a company that endorse this as their own corporate ID/logo:

I wonder how many would have sold with that logo pasted all over it as opposed to SNK's?

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
It's a alright system. I sold mine believe it or not lol. Someone on clist by my house was offering a great deal looking to buy one. Considering I snagged mine for 99 bucks free shipping could not pass up on the offer :). Also got cash in the deal and with me discovering snes repros (yeah I'm late to the party) it sparked my snes collecting again which I've been out of the loop on that forever and some. Also I like to go hit flea markets, goodwill, hobby shops where I can actually find games to buy and dig into piles of them can't really do that with neo. Just fun to have a reason to go wander around and actually have something to search have snagged some awesome deals like 10 bucks for starfox,zelda,ff3 and super mario allstars even tho I own all of them lol can't hurt to have doubles at that price.

Anyway maybe ill pick up one down the line when they are super dirt cheap lol. But I been more thinking mvs when i get the money or even a neo geo cd because I've never played or seen one before.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Why have doubles of games? To flip?

Good for trading when I can get them that cheap to get other stuff I want. Not into flipping for cash. Or say have one with a ok label and find one with a perfect label then I trade off my ok label one.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Good for trading when I can get them that cheap to get other stuff I want. Not into flipping for cash. Or say have one with a ok label and find one with a perfect label then I trade off my ok label one.

This is how hoarding starts.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
This is how hoarding starts.
True story pandachan. I'm in the midst of selling off my dupes now acquired through similar, OCD-laden, collecting habits. Literally though, boxes of the stuff! Games I either upgraded or bought cheap just to play/experience them. All that stuff needs new, grateful homes...

Gamemaster

20 Year Member

...starting learning about more problems....starting to get angry....starting to feel I overpaid...ANGRY NOW!!....FEELING NEW GAMES WILL NEVER COME....WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME AND LEAVE EBAY SELLER NEGATIVE FOR SELLING ME THIS OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE HE SAID IT WAS "AWESOME" IN THE DISCRIPTION.....TOMMO IS LAUGHING AT ME.....TOMMO IS SIPPIN' BACARDI COKES WITH MONEY I GAVE HIM FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT....I HAVE NO IDEA IF TOMMO IS A PERSON OR WHAT BUT I PICTURE A BUNCH OF ASIAN DUDES PLAYING CARDS USING MY MONEY AS A FACE FAN AND LAUGHING......STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME AND GIVE ME A HUG...WHISPER EVERYTHING WILL BE OK AND MAKE THE BAD PEOPLE GO AWAY...BUT NO TOMMO...THEY WERE RIGHT...YOU ASS RAPED ME AND THE LUBE HAD SAND IN IT...FUCK...MAKE SOME GAMES...UGH...RETAIL PRICE KEEPS DROPPING....POST SOMETHING INFORMATIVE ON YOUR DAMN FB PAGE...PACKAGING STARTING TO LOOK LESS SEXY ON SHELF....MOVED IT AWAY FROM REAL NEO ITEMS TO B LIST SHELF WITH OTHER TURDS BUT ITS SUCKNESS IS STILL CONTAMINATING EVERYTHING ELSE.....NOW MY ENTIRE COLLECTION LOOKS SHITTY...GOING TO YELL AT MY WIFE.....THIS IS HER FAULT....SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR THIS....ROAD RAGE TIME... ANGER...HATE...ITS BUILDING UP....FUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!

Awesome post, i really laughted but i would kinda feel the same if i bought it.
So sorry for you.

pipes

"Product shown may not deliver on any level whatsoever"

Lol! Nice.