Post Your Recent Purchases!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Back in the saddle. Now to wait for the Bennvenn backlight kit so I can actually see the damn thing...

That's the same model of NGPC I have. Let us know what you think of the Bennvenn kit - I'm considering it for my NGPC.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Stopped by to see my brother in Syracuse this weekend and dropped off my dog for the month. We stopped at a couple of shops called Voltage and they had pretty decent prices, so I was glad to fill up some lingering wants.
b65f5573eb512053041a6a8792a3c675.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Cool. I need to pick up Wild Arms.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
my guess here: he will tell you OSSC has no lag (which is the truth) and you will tell him after playing anything (even Puzzle Games) that there is a subjective lag (which is also the truth). That´s an oxymoron (or at least something like that)

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
OSSC has no lag. The display has around 24-28ms of lag from what I've measured. My personal subjective lag is around 1 - 2 frames, but getting worse now that I'm in my 40s. :D

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know the NeoSD is there, but sometimes I just have an inkling for AES carts Bid on these off of eBay a long time ago and they came in at a good price today. Even came with a free bag, which comes in handy as they're charging for plastic bags in CT now.
abb96a308c137a0b519b8302652769c6.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I know the NeoSD is there, but sometimes I just have an inkling for AES carts Bid on these off of eBay a long time ago and they came in at a good price today.
abb96a308c137a0b519b8302652769c6.jpg

It's lovely. I don't care for Neo SD. If I want to wait ages for a game to load, I have a Neo CD lol. For that, even the RasPi does the job pretty well faster. Nothing beats the smells of the AES carts tho :buttrock:

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Got two 14inch CRTs again. One is a Sanyo, the other is an Imperial (I have never heard of this brand). Both have SCART sockets but the Sanyo can only handle composite video. I plan on modding it to accept RGB, should be a simple wiring job, we'll see. The Imperial can display RGB very nicely. The main objective is to use either one of these in a bartop arcade cabinet. I currently have an old TFT panel in it and want to "upgrade" it.

Every Sanyo I've come across uses some variety of LA-type jungle that operates in some strange inverted digital YCbCr colorspace, so even if the datasheet has RGB labeled on its inputs, be prepared for white/cyan/magenta colored visuals instead if you do that mod. At the very least though there should be a standard chroma/luma input you could unlock, and Sanyo/Sharp tubes just seem to last and last by my experience. Not a bad acquisition.

embergabor

New Challenger
Every Sanyo I've come across uses some variety of LA-type jungle that operates in some strange inverted digital YCbCr colorspace, so even if the datasheet has RGB labeled on its inputs, be prepared for white/cyan/magenta colored visuals instead if you do that mod. At the very least though there should be a standard chroma/luma input you could unlock, and Sanyo/Sharp tubes just seem to last and last by my experience. Not a bad acquisition.

I don't have any S-video stuff at home yet, so chroma/luma is not viable now but great advice. So far I have connected RGB to the TDA8362 and got the colors you mentioned on the OSD overlay. So I guess you're right. The image is really good from composite though so it is a nice little TV as is. It is so quite that I cannot hear when it turns on which is pretty rare nowadays for a CRT. Sadly the Imperial has a buzzing flyback (probably). I am yet to open that one. Checked the difference between cmvs and rgb on that one, switching back and forth and there is minimal difference, probably because of the smallness of the tube. Looks good either way. The only downside of composite that I can see on both tvs is the color shimmer/ color bleed.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Picked up a PSC on the cheap, did the usual BleemSync/AutoBleem mods to it, and connected it up to a stand and mini monitor.

hxcSZ4n.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Got this last week, a local pickup- not often do I find cabs within driving distance.

avamzg8l.jpg

Fits in the lineup nicely.

FwF8zqzl.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Pretty much the only way to score one these days. Very nice, man!! What's your cab line up these days?

Windy II, 2x Egret II, Egret 3 with Toshiba PF, Vewlix Diamond with Black Diamond LCD, Vewlix Ami, New Net City, Neo 25.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Ughh yet another 'original'. Hold on to your hats boys cause we'll get insults of the monkey/peanut kind again when he wakes up.