Going to bust into it this weekend.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I need to give Final Zone another shot.

fake

15 Year Member
It's OK, not the best IMO after aging. I mainly got it because I'm a sucker for Wolf Team and I like the US Renovation releases.

Haha, yeah, Wolf Team love is why I'd give it a second chance.

fake

15 Year Member
TBH most of their games are not technically that good but they just have some kind of odd charm that I dig. My personal favorite is El Viento!

Totally. I haven't had the chance to play much of El Viento, but I'd love to pick up the MD version. That art is perfect. Same with Anette Futatabi. They're both super expensive though. (I do have my eye on a loose MD cart of El Viento for $80ish though)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Totally. I haven't had the chance to play much of El Viento, but I'd love to pick up the MD version. That art is perfect. Same with Anette Futatabi. They're both super expensive though. (I do have my eye on a loose MD cart of El Viento for $80ish though)

I have a separate special place in my heart for both the amazing Japanese covers and the so deplorable they're great US ones.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
El Viento is awesome. It's not really polished, but that's part of the appeal. It's rough and weird and unique. Shame about Anet Futatabi and Earnest Evans, though.

View attachment 53165

Recent snags for ridiculous eBay prices. :( lol

Oh man, Wardner. That's an obscure Genesis pickup. I love how Mentrix, the American publisher, existed just long enough to put out three games and then vanished. They might have been a branch of Visco, but no one seems to know for sure.

https://segaretro.org/Mentrix_Software

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
El Viento is awesome. It's not really polished, but that's part of the appeal. It's rough and weird and unique. Shame about Anet Futatabi and Earnest Evans, though.

Oh man, Wardner. That's an obscure Genesis pickup. I love how Mentrix, the American publisher, existed just long enough to put out three games and then vanished. They might have been a branch of Visco, but no one seems to know for sure.

https://segaretro.org/Mentrix_Software

I actually found out about Wardner though YouTube, too obscure for me to know about back in the day. It's a pretty dope game if you like platformers. I'll have to read up on Mentrix, thanks for the link!

I love the atmosphere of Earnest Evans, and how ahead of the time they were trying to be with physics, but El Viento is way more playable.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
DqcEu0b.jpg

Just got a few things in today. I've felt like getting a bunch of the SFC shooters lately, so I'm looking forward to diving into those!

J-P

NEST Puppet
R0241005.jpg

Had a little spendy spendy. Excuse the kitchen shot; only place that has much direct lighting atm.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Had a 40% PSN discount code...

@-SD- Those Wonder Boy games are excellent. I finished the Dragon's Trap and I'm in the last zone/area of the Cursed Kingdom.

I know a bunch of us have received our Kraut Busters. Here's my standard MVS Ed.

KrautBustersMVS.jpg

So far it's a very fun game. Worth having if you can stomach the price tag.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nice, some heavy hitters wyo, congrats!! Captain Lang & Chelnov had the same staff, both are great, though Lang may be one of the hardest platformers I ever played, don't underestimate it. The Pengo MD exclusive mode is excellent, too.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
R0241005.jpg

Had a little spendy spendy. Excuse the kitchen shot; only place that has much direct lighting atm.

Fuck I love that Bomberman multitap. If you can somehow find six other people to play Saturn Bomberman with you then do it. It’s even better than just looking at how adorable it is.
Shame it’s one person short of eight though. If you play nine or ten player then it forces you onto a map which, in my opinion, is too big to be really enjoyable. With eight people you can still play the smaller maps which makes for a more frentic and hysterical game.