Post Your Recent Purchases!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Fuck your stupid forum. You bunch of lonely ass virgins. Enjoy eachothers faggotory. i'm done trying to fit in with you losers.

Just admit that you were only here to get cheap AES scoopz (oxymoron btw) and we'll all have a laugh.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Fuck your stupid forum. You bunch of lonely ass virgins. Enjoy eachothers faggotory. i'm done trying to fit in with you losers.

Man you really chose some poor choice of words. Trying to fit in here like this wasn't going to win you any points with the senior members. Well have fun going to other forums and bitching about how mean those people on ng.com were to you.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Man you really chose some poor choice of words. Trying to fit in here like this wasn't going to win you any points with the senior members. Well have fun going to other forums and bitching about how mean those people on ng.com were to you.

Tanooki jr?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
My Pocket Color Finally Came back from Repairs.

- Stronger Speaker
- Glass Screen to replace the scratched one
- Thumb Stick Tightened & Re-Adjusted
- Frontlight Shaved Down & Readjusted so it doesn't cut off bottom of screen
- Most of the dust from last mod removed, & angle of screen Fixed

That looks great! Who repaired it for you? I'd love to get a glass screen for my NGPC. I love the glass lenses I have for my various Gameboys.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I've seen that youtube video of you chink. Dancing around like a faggot. Better rethink who's metally ill, hop sing.

Mmmhh... well... I didn't mind the mentally ill bit...

However... the Chink bit is a bit much... I mean... i aint even Chinese:(

WELL... Lovely... we got a live one here...

OFF TO THE WAR ROOM FOR YOU...

xROTx

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Had to use mah google skillz to decipher "hop sing". Bonanza must never have been too big in this neck of the woods.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What interests me most is their 0-100 approach to a little horseplay. I guess it doesn't take much to get under some peoples skin.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I just don't understand Iggy Pops thinking here...

...This new generation of "members" seem to have no common sense...

The sense of "ME ME ME... entitlement..."... has reached a level where I am becoming mental health advisor to these cunts...

It was simple really... build up enough posts and creds to achieve full membership... along the way... avoid one of the FOUR people who you shouldn't piss off...

Calling one of them a "CHINKY"... racial stereotype is not going to go down well...

xROTx

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Got myself a few shmups and some old figurines.

XBxB8Wf.jpg

GGMAkxK.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Working player + 100 discs.

I've already got a few players, but there are several movies in that stack I don't have.
Wow. I'm not in the whole CED/VHD business yet, but I've done some serious reading and research on it. Pretty awesome stuff, I certainly can understand the appeal of these.

My Pocket Color Finally Came back from Repairs.
that looks legit! Like Chopstick I'd be interested in who did the work and where you got the glass screen...

madman

Wow. I'm not in the whole CED/VHD business yet, but I've done some serious reading and research on it. Pretty awesome stuff, I certainly can understand the appeal of these.
In 1982 I can understand the appeal. In 2017? Nope.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
mac-pro-gallery3-2013

Ordered a very expensive trash bin for my office.

6-core i7 CPU
Two ATi D700 GPUs
512GB SSD
128GB of replacement RAM on order.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist

Beyond the hipster fagits that usually attach themselves to collecting these, those old CED/VHD units have an interesting history. The folks at the time tried to overcome the various tech limitations of the day in different ways.

So personally I'd say the appeal is more learning about that history and the inner workings of the players and videodiscs, rather than the watching of grainy low res material.
Especially nowadays most of those players have one or other mechanical issue. Don't you get satisfaction in repairing something? Getting it operational again. This is no different. That's also part of it.

Out of those two (CED and VHD) I'd say VHD was the better tech for a few reasons including the fact that with CED you almost have to have a spare player to "run-in" most videodiscs before attempting to view them. That's because any dust particle or whatever that sits in the grooves where the stylus is attempting to read the disc, will make the video skip. This is a common nuisance with that format.

madman

So personally I'd say the appeal is more learning about that history and the inner workings of the players and videodiscs, rather than the watching of grainy low res material.
It takes buying 100s of CEDs to learn the inner workings?

Fagit hipster shit.

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Its been awhile which posted my recent purchases here.
Here some items ive picked up recently;
Game cube Kiosk and Megalo 410
IMG_1259.JPGIMG_1261.JPGIMG_1263 (1).JPG
Megalo 410 LCD conversion before and after
IMG_1681.JPGIMG_1676.JPGIMG_1682.PNG

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

There is really no practical reason to own them form any technical imaginable standpoint. Anything released on them is inferior in quality to later releases. Everything released was chopped down for TV viewing and there are no wide screen versions. Most discs have mono sound, a few of the later ones were released or re-released with stereo sound.

I've been collecting up movie media for a long time. I'm sure it's some minor form of mental condition something along the lines of a sensitivity to ephemera.

Televisions and home media hit me in some soft spot. I collect old TV sets and outdated media formats and equipment.

CEDs I have a soft spot for because they were just so darn crappy and yet an amazing technical work of art. Also, the disc cases are cool with their movie poster art and they look good on a shelf.

Same thing with other media I collect. It puts a smile on my face to look over and see a laserdisc copy of Stuff Stephanie in the Incinerator, or beta cassette of Gymkata.

Maybe I'll start making youtube videos about the stuff. Could do a show about a guy who opened a video store in an old bomb shelter and accidentally survived the apocalypse, now all his customers are mutants and barbarians who never rewind the tapes.