Post Your Recent Purchases!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Just sold most of my remaining JP hardware which I somewhat miss but I'm deciding to go all US this time around as I never have before and a much smaller focused collection as I can't afford too much of this shit anymore! Here are my first pickups, I also have Hyperstone Heist, Alien 3, Alien Storm and Mickey Castle of Illusion on the way. I'm really enjoying reading these back covers, they crack me up and take me back to better days. It sure is hard finding this stuff in nice condition though, Razo is right. It's like American kids in the 90's shit on half their stuff; including me probably!

PS: I lucked out and got the Thriller version!

Let me know if any of you have any good US Genesis games to unload. :) I also need a model 1 PSU, and two six button controllers. Also need a damn PVM locally! Glad to be back in the scene!

game find.jpg

genesis find.jpg

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 160
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 159
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 160
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just sold most of my remaining JP hardware which I somewhat miss but I'm deciding to go all US this time around as I never have before and a much smaller focused collection as I can't afford too much of this shit anymore! Here are my first pickups, I also have Hyperstone Heist, Alien 3, Alien Storm and Mickey Castle of Illusion on the way. I'm really enjoying reading these back covers, they crack me up and take me back to better days. It sure is hard finding this stuff in nice condition though, Razo is right. It's like American kids in the 90's shit on half their stuff; including me probably!

PS: I lucked out and got the Thriller version!

Let me know if any of you have any good US Genesis games to unload. :) I also need a model 1 PSU, and two six button controllers. Also need a damn PVM locally! Glad to be back in the scene!

View attachment 40518

View attachment 40519

I thought you were selling zombies ate my neighbors.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I thought you were selling zombies ate my neighbors.

Nobody wanted to buy it it seems so I guess I will hold onto it. Don't want to sell for lower than I paid. I played the SNES version when I was young though, so wanted it on that. Didn't realize I got the wrong one. If anyone does want it though, feel free to PM me! :p

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I was curious enough to give this one a try. Cute. Not too terrible for the price!

z4UkFDk.jpg

A big thanks to SNK_Pro for trading this one with me. :)

jsqXxhT.jpg

That Kizuna is so hot. One of my favorite covers too, aside from Ninja Masters.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I was curious enough to give this one a try. Cute. Not too terrible for the price!

z4UkFDk.jpg

A big thanks to SNK_Pro for trading this one with me. :)

jsqXxhT.jpg

Nice scores Diego, man you take great pics also. Always set up very nice.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
nice pick up, loefye. that's one sexy mega machine you have there. love the sega cd. i was planning on getting one years ago right before kernow showed me how to make sega cd games work on the emulator, lol.

I love Sega CD's especially model 1's however those break too much. A great unit to play the three or four good games there are on it; such lost potential. If only we had more RPG's on it... Like an Alundra for SCD would be great. PS: I refuse to put a 32X on my machine; what an atrocity even though Blackthorne is lovely.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I love Sega CD's especially model 1's however those break too much. A great unit to play the three or four good games there are on it; such lost potential. If only we had more RPG's on it... Like an Alundra for SCD would be great. PS: I refuse to put a 32X on my machine; what an atrocity even though Blackthorne is lovely.

yeah, i guess they would be prone to breaking considering that the sega cd is one of the first cd based consoles. i still like the library of games the sega cd had even though it wasn't sega's main concern. sonic cd is a great platformer. robo aleste was a good sequel/sister game to musha. lords of thunder speaks for it self. final fight cd was the best home port of the game for a long time. and the sega cd has the best terminator game i have ever played. the console had lots of potential. it could of had great rpg's with anime cutscenes like the rpg's for the ps1.

i don't even count the 32x in on all that. had like five games made for it, lol. although i do like 32x space harrier and kolibri.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I've got a soft spot for the 32X. While it's not great, it does have a few fun games to offer. Space Harrier, After Burner, Tempo, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter (plays surprisingly well), MKII, to name a few (or all of them, actually). I had fun with it when it came out, so I do have the rose-tinted glasses on. That being said, it was a waste for Sega to release it. They should have ditched the 32X altogether, and focused on the Saturn more.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I've got a soft spot for the 32X. While it's not great, it does have a few fun games to offer. Space Harrier, After Burner, Tempo, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter (plays surprisingly well), MKII, to name a few (or all of them, actually). I had fun with it when it came out, so I do have the rose-tinted glasses on. That being said, it was a waste for Sega to release it. They should have ditched the 32X altogether, and focused on the Saturn more.

agreed. there was no good reason and excuse for the 32x. although it had some good games in it's microscopic library, they shouldn't of bothered with it and put all the effort and resources used for the 32x into the saturn.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
yeah, i guess they would be prone to breaking considering that the sega cd is one of the first cd based consoles. i still like the library of games the sega cd had even though it wasn't sega's main concern. sonic cd is a great platformer. robo aleste was a good sequel/sister game to musha. lords of thunder speaks for it self. final fight cd was the best home port of the game for a long time. and the sega cd has the best terminator game i have ever played. the console had lots of potential. it could of had great rpg's with anime cutscenes like the rpg's for the ps1.

i don't even count the 32x in on all that. had like five games made for it, lol. although i do like 32x space harrier and kolibri.

What port is better than the Sega CD for Final Fight?

Loefye

Lt. Laser,

I love Blackthorne on the SNES, never tried the 32X version but it makes me want to get one as I hear it is the best version. I did have fun with Virtua Fighter when I couldn't afford a Saturn back in the day, I got the system and like every game for next to nothing at TRU back in the day. I later traded it all in for a PSX game or two at a electronics store some years later. Funny story; I thought those metal RF plates were needed and they were such a total bitch to insert, literally spent hours trying to fit those when I first bought the system. I also fondly remember a dirtbike game that I loved on it as a young child though I doubt it holds up today; that's the problem with 3D it just can't stand the test of time.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The worse part some games will not play with the 32x on. So far only 2 problems I found Streets of Rage 1 and the one that really makes me mad Castlevania Bloodlines...

But other than that I like the 32x. Some decent games in it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The worse part some games will not play with the 32x on. So far only 2 problems I found Streets of Rage 1 and the one that really makes me mad Castlevania Bloodlines...

What is your setup? Using the 32X on an CDX, I have no problem playing CB. I can't recall any issues with SoR, either. When I get a chance I'll dust that off and check again.

But other than that I like the 32x. Some decent games in it.

I'd say one them is 'Tempo'. Quirky but fun platformer.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Don't usually have much to show, but I was happy to use and abuse the 40% of coupon at half price books at both local shops mid day. At the first $24 for CIB Golden Sun, and the 2nd $48 for a black Gameboy Micro in very very nice shape (also picked up for $10 and $4 GBA Pokemon Pinball and Toy Story for my little girl.) Turok guide was in a dollar clearance.

gbagamesmicro.JPG

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
What is your setup? Using the 32X on an CDX, I have no problem playing CB. I can't recall any issues with SoR, either. When I get a chance I'll dust that off and check again.

I'd say one them is 'Tempo'. Quirky but fun platformer.

Genesis model 2. Will not work with it on has sound issues, like not playing and then freezes. Take the 32x off and its perfect works great. No idea why but it just wont work.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Clean both cart slots and the 32x connector. If that didn't do it you may try reseating the ribbon cables inside the 32x. Those games should work.

The only games incompatible are Virtua Racing and SMS through a converter.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Genesis model 2. Will not work with it on has sound issues, like not playing and then freezes. Take the 32x off and its perfect works great. No idea why but it just wont work.

The Model 2 Genesis is notorious for crashing with 32X games like Knuckles Chaotix. One fix released by Sega involved the use of a bus terminator for the Sega CD slot. A Sega CD would also work, consider buying one.

See here:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?19731-32X-Seems-to-be-crashing

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?13474-What-on-earth-is-this

The only games incompatible are Virtua Racing and SMS through a converter.

DogP from Sega-16/PlanetVB found a fix for SMS support.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...ing-on-the-32X&p=687032&viewfull=1#post687032

You probably already know that though.

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
The Model 2 Genesis is notorious for crashing with 32X games like Knuckles Chaotix. One fix released by Sega involved the use of a bus terminator for the Sega CD slot. A Sega CD would also work, consider buying one.

See here:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?19731-32X-Seems-to-be-crashing

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?13474-What-on-earth-is-this

DogP from Sega-16/PlanetVB found a fix for SMS support.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...ing-on-the-32X&p=687032&viewfull=1#post687032

You probably already know that though.

I've got the bus terminator, and have never had any issues with any Genesis or 32X games freezing or crashing.

Like GohanX said, the only games that have issues are Genesis Virtua Racing and SMS games, tho that mod is real tempting.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've got a soft spot for the 32X. While it's not great, it does have a few fun games to offer. Space Harrier, After Burner, Tempo, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter (plays surprisingly well), MKII, to name a few (or all of them, actually).

Let me name-drop Chaotix -- that OST is 90's R&B at its best! ...with just about a drop of Suge Knight, too. They should have built that game into the 32X from the start, just like they did with MS Alex Kidd.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Well ok guys ill do some work. I do have a CD attached but ill tear it apart and dink around with it. No idea why those 2 titles refuse to work. And always have...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Let me name-drop Chaotix -- that OST is 90's R&B at its best! ...with just about a drop of Suge Knight, too. They should have built that game into the 32X from the start, just like they did with MS Alex Kidd.

Chaotix. lol

Like a stubborn dog on a leash. It wants to go one way, and you're pulling it to go the other way.
Not my idea of fun. Next.