Post Your Recent Purchases!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Posted this on the shmup forums but heres something i got last week

FOytlD8.jpg

stBZ83U.jpg

That is one nice looking console. Looks like a something designed in the 80s as a prediction for what things will look like in the year 200X

Futuristic retro

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yeah thats both amusing and horrible. Though there are idiots with shipping everywhere.

* Ever have your heart skip a beat because you get a Saturn game in just a plain manilla envelope.... no bubble wrap. I've been very lucky, only one Saturn game was destroyed from that.

* Or how about receiving a game with dried cum on the disc, and back of the manual ? (If I remember right

I think it was Twisted Metal 2.... )

Saturn cases are so freakin fragile, I've got games in the mail and the hinges have literally broken in my hands went I went to open them up.

My worst experience ever was I got a copy of Sonic 3D Blast for Saturn off eBay. It had some sort of crust on the spine. I opened the case and it smelled, so I opened the plastic holder and underneath was what was cat/dog urine all inside the insert, I presume that what was on the outside was dried. I couldn't believe some dirty ahole would even send that thinking it was ok.

I threw the case away and reported the person. I decided after debating it to clean and disenfect the disc, and it actually came out in better condition than another copy I won later on.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A few more for the collection. Only 2 MVS to go now.

dfzhy0.jpg

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
What is that on the bottom right that says Super Mario Bros? Is that just a case?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Got these over the last few weeks, been on a Makaimura binge. I've got Cho Makaimura SFC on the way in the mail.

xBovvIB.jpg

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yes I really dig the design of both the normal and duo pc engine. Such a pleasing aesthetic and really doesn't look all that out of place in these modern times. I'm kinda surprised by how good the music is on the system and how well the CD works. Very little loading times between levels, music loops without missing much of a beat. This is exactly how Sega should have utilize the cd capabilities of their system and not with stupid FMVs. And all the games i own are fun. The system kinda reminds me of an NES 1.5. Looks similar in graphics but it is able to do more.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The system kinda reminds me of an NES 1.5. Looks similar in graphics but it is able to do more.

That's what I love about the PC Engine in general, to me it fits between the eras of 8 bit and 16 bit, I get 8 bit gameplay with better graphics than the nes

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kid Dracula in a SMB case?

Yeah, that's all it is. A big case that opens like an old cassette tape case. Has Mario off to the right which can't be seen, kinda cool. No idea why the seller sold Kid Dracula in it though.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's all it is. A big case that opens like an old cassette tape case. Has Mario off to the right which can't be seen, kinda cool. No idea why the seller sold Kid Dracula in it though.

They used to sell them individually as a way to protect loose carts. There are also bigger cases that hold more.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
They used to sell them individually as a way to protect loose carts. There are also bigger cases that hold more.

Totally. I have a bunch of those cases in many various colors and I always try to match them up with carts of the same or similar color. :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Nice scores! I need to rebuy robo army one of these days.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
one cool poster, man. always loved that cover art. take good care of it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

They are cool. My SMB Fami cart will look fancy. in it.