Post Your Recent Purchases!

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'm sure the seller was busy "fixing" PCBs and single handedly saving the community from STV. When you're doing that you ain't got time for bubble wrap son

Back OT. LOL@ the noobs in this thread. You haven't seen anything till you get 10 MVS carts shipped from Canada in a pizza box. No bubble wrap. The only thing there to cushion the carts is a fine layer of grime.

Yeah thats both amusing and horrible. Though there are idiots with shipping everywhere.

* I once got a set of Magic Cards that used duct tape for packaging. (For cards, you can get top loaders very cheaply; the fact that sellers continue to be creative with their packaging amuses me to no end ).

* Ever have your heart skip a beat because you get a Saturn game in just a plain manilla envelope.... no bubble wrap. I've been very lucky, only one Saturn game was destroyed from that.

* Or how about receiving a game with dried cum on the disc, and back of the manual ? (If I remember right I think it was Twisted Metal 2.... )

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well, my dedicated big red has had a broken lock for awhile (key broke off during a move, permanently unlocked) and had burned out coin return lamps. Finally got off my ass and replaced everything. :)
jsFDIoh.jpg

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yeah I got a PS1 game recently just put inside a normal white letter envelope with no padding or anything, still amazingly the jewel case wasn't cracked and even if so they are easy to replace. I have made it a point when buying anything that comes in a nice cardboard box such as snes games that they seller wraps them well and then places it inside another box. When I queried how the seller was going to ship a CIB SNES game once they said it would be posted in a normal jiffy bag......

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Well, my dedicated big red has had a broken lock for awhile (key broke off during a move, permanently unlocked) and had burned out coin return lamps. Finally got off my ass and replaced everything. :)
jsFDIoh.jpg

nice. how'd you go about getting the parts? Mine could use a fixing. I also need the EL PCB that controls my 4 slot (the MV-ELA PCB) and the wires that connect to it. That stuff was missing (unbeknownst to me) when I bought it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
nice. how'd you go about getting the parts? Mine could use a fixing. I also need the EL PCB that controls my 4 slot (the MV-ELA PCB) and the wires that connect to it. That stuff was missing (unbeknownst to me) when I bought it.

Yeah, I need the memory card reader with headphone jacks PCB as I'm using a 6-slot when the original 2-slot had it built in.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I have been searching for the perfect stool for my Blast City for a long time. Yesterday, I finally found it!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have been searching for the perfect stool for my Blast City for a long time. Yesterday, I finally found it!

A good short stool chair is hard to find. I always recommend checking out Japanese malls, they often have metal folding children's chairs that are Candy Cab height.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Where did you get it and how much? Does it come in doffered colors?

Thats a custom fabricated stool. Old brake drum, tractor seat and muffler tubing welded together. If I still had my shop I could make you guys any kind of stuff like this lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thats a custom fabricated stool. Old brake drum, tractor seat and muffler tubing welded together. If I still had my shop I could make you guys any kind of stuff like this lol.

Looks really cool. Good job.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Looks really cool. Good job.

Razo I didn't build that, I was just saying what it was bro.

Wish I still had my garage with all my fab. tools operational I could build stuff like that or anything you wanted.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I didn't make it myself. I bought it off the dude who made it to use in his shop. He made it like 25 years ago. It is super comfortable. I've been looking for just the right tractor seat stool for a couple of years now. Most of the ones made around here have a bigger base and are much taller.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A

I tried googeling "perfect stool", the first thing i found was:

4030357_orig.jpg

I'm a type 4 most of the time...

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OG Famicom GET!

IMG_0161.JPG

In super clean condition. Just needs a visit to some hot soapy water to clean it up.

It's missing the little red cap from the front controller/expansion port. Anyone have a spare one?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Damn, that is definitely teh mintz Famicom. You should probably seal it in a case and leave it in a dark room so it's preserved.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
OG Famicom GET!

IMG_0161.JPG

In super clean condition. Just needs a visit to some hot soapy water to clean it up.

It's missing the little red cap from the front controller/expansion port. Anyone have a spare one?

Very nice! Do you plan on modifying it in any way or keeping it original?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
OG Famicom GET!

IMG_0161.JPG

I love the look of the original famicom. Been meaning to get it rgb modded.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Very nice! Do you plan on modifying it in any way or keeping it original?

I like the idea of keeping it original, but RF only is totally useless to me.

So I'll probably RGB mod it like my AV Fami.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That Duo-R is teh tits.

I haven't really been scooping lately, but found this PGM Puzzle Star and being a puzzler fan I scooped it. Cleanest PGM cart I've ever seen, definitely shelf worthy!

IMG_1419.jpg