So, I ordered the Wii U, did U? NOW WITH FAULT REPORT (See Post No.)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump, for a great week of eShop additions.

Lego City Undercover - Wii U, March 18th
Need For Speed: Most Wanted U - Wii U, March 19th
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U/3DS, March 19th
The Croods - Wii U/3DS, March 19th
Chasing Aurora demo - Wii U, Today
Punch Out Featuring Mr Dream - Wii U VC, March 20th
Mega Man 3 - 3DS VC, Today
HarmoKnight demo - 3DS, Today
Rayman Origins retail - 3DS, Today
Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - 3DS, Today
Forgotten Legions - DSiWare, Today
Goony - DSiWare, Today

On Sale: Ketzal's Corridor: Revive Ketzal - $4.99

Edit: additional news...

P.S. - Zen Studios just announced that Zen Pinball 2 will release in the NA eShop on March 21st.

Edit: just thinking about what I'll be spending over the next couple weeks...

P.P.S. -

Lego City Undercover - $50
Need For Speed: Most Wanted - $60
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $60
Zen Pinball 2 - $40 (all four packs, but not the individual tables...yet)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - $40
BioShock Infinite - $60
Terraria - $10-$20

What an expensive, awesome month of gaming. :)

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
That Megaman 3 sounds interesting.

Indeed it does. But I usually leave the 3DS VC/DSiWare stuff alone and wait for Nintendo to have them in their monthly Club Nintendo rotation. Why pay $5 to play Mega Man 3 again today when I can use 200 Club Nintendo coins six months later instead?

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Indeed it does. But I usually leave the 3DS VC/DSiWare stuff alone and wait for Nintendo to have them in their monthly Club Nintendo rotation. Why pay $5 to play Mega Man 3 again today when I can use 200 Club Nintendo coins six months later instead?
Good one, the thing is: Megaman is probably worth the $5. Either way, you have to decide for yourself what you do.
Will the game be in 3D or 2D btw?

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
thats pretty nice. monster hunter and then punchout for .30 the next day. i guess i can turn my wii u back on :)

Magician

20 Year Member
So the newest story going around the interwebs is that Wii U is getting a port of Deus Ex Human Revolution. With all the DLC packed in. Which is cool if you somehow missed the game two years ago. But if the sticker price is higher than $40 I don't know how well it'll sell. It feels like a waste of time, porting a two year old game to a new system that needs new IPs more than anything else right now.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´m currently thinking... Wind Waker HD will probably be enough for me to jump in. Waiting and hoping for there to be a nice wiiu premium console pack with a bundled Wind Waker HD.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
So the newest story going around the interwebs is that Wii U is getting a port of Deus Ex Human Revolution. With all the DLC packed in. Which is cool if you somehow missed the game two years ago. But if the sticker price is higher than $40 I don't know how well it'll sell. It feels like a waste of time, porting a two year old game to a new system that needs new IPs more than anything else right now.

I missed it and the second but loved the first( yeah, I know I'm going back a bit lol) so I could be interested in it.
Don't see many adverts or games on the shelves coming out though ?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

I could see how the Wii U game pad might work well for this game...but I have to say this seems like an odd game to port now. I only played the 360 version briefly, and was intrigued...but will get it maybe when it drops to like $20.

On a kind of related note (Wii U ports of old games), Darksiders 2 is $20 at Best Buy this week. Might check it out.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
this thing just seems too fucking expensive

you're basically looking at 400 bucks for the non-shit version with a game included

1080p is great and all nintendo, but everyone has had it for like half a decade now, wtf

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
this thing just seems too fucking expensive

you're basically looking at 400 bucks for the non-shit version with a game included

1080p is great and all nintendo, but everyone has had it for like half a decade now, wtf

Just buy the white version. 32 gigs isn't much more than 8. I still ended up buying a external hard drive for it. Nintendo land is shit. All you really get extra is a gay docking station for the controller. I wish i bought the white one for cheaper tbh.

There really isn't enough on the console to buy it. I got all hyped for zombiU which had tons of glitches in it... Had to restart my game near the end due to a glitch....

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
It's nice to see that Nintendo have really been planning ahead and taking MASSIVE advantage of the release window they have had > PS4 & "720"... or not.

Any faith I had in this console trumping the Wii in terms of appeal to the modern gamer are slowly diminishing month by month. Although I enjoyed the Wii 'for what it was' and its 'selection' of games that appealed to me (i.e. NMH series, S&P2, Ghost Squad, Tenchu etc) I fear the WiiU will truly be the successor to the Wii: an actual Wii2.

That wasn't what I (or many people) wanted nor did I expect it tbh. Guess Nintendo are truly starting to slide into that uncomfortable Capcom & SEGA territory with the Wii's popularity being a bit of a fluke, albeit, a good one.

I REALLY don't want one of these if I was honest, however, a good Zelda, Metroid or even Starfox will always gravitate me back to Nintendo. Not Mario (games) though. Never been into him since he hit 3D, and for that matter, wasn't too fussed about this SNES activities either. Love Mario games on the NES though (w/NES gfx)...

Magician

20 Year Member
With a handful of new releases this week I'm as happy as a pig in shit. It's still not enough for me to recommend the system. However the new games should take the system off life support, where its been for the past couple months. Now if you excuse me, I see a big ole honkin' pile of mess I'd like to snuggle up to.

Edit: don't forget, Zen Pinball 2 today. It's NA's first freemium game. Every table is "try before you buy" and all that.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
With a handful of new releases this week I'm as happy as a pig in shit. It's still not enough for me to recommend the system. However the new games should take the system off life support, where its been for the past couple months. Now if you excuse me, I see a big ole honkin' pile of mess I'd like to snuggle up to.

Edit: don't forget, Zen Pinball 2 today. It's NA's first freemium game. Every table is "try before you buy" and all that.

Magician, what games are you planning on getting? You already got Lego City, right?
Kidpanda mentioned Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free deal…you may want to check it out to get Monster Hunter, NFS and maybe something else...

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Is the Wii U a worthwhile buy or is it something I should just leave alone?

As my girlfriend has been dropping me hint's about liking to have one.

Magician

20 Year Member
Magician, what games are you planning on getting? You already got Lego City, right?
Kidpanda mentioned Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free deal…you may want to check it out to get Monster Hunter, NFS and maybe something else...

I bought Lego City Undercover, MH3U, and Need For Speed Most Wanted earlier this week. I intend to buy Zen Pinball 2 once the eShop is updated today. Then there's Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on Sunday. BioShock Infinite on Tuesday. Then Terraria on Wednesday.

I don't care what's coming next month (Dead Island Riptide) because gaming is great right now...for me anyway.

Is the Wii U a worthwhile buy or is it something I should just leave alone?

Definitely wait. I wouldn't buy the Wii U until there's a game you absolutely have to play.

It took two years for the 3DS to have a handful of games really worth owning the system for. I hope the Wii U will be there by the end of 2013, or early 2014.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
nice, those'll keep you busy for some time :)