New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

tastysoil

New Challenger
I recently played my friends copy of this game (DC version) -- it was super fun, and I liked the music/art style. I gotta grab a copy for myself one of these days!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Finally got my shipping notification! Can't wait to give it a spin although I'm sure I'll suck bad at it.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Got it! I'm always really impressed on the build and label, manual, insert quality. Looks better than some retail titles.

I also tried it and as I feared I suck bad at it! That mtf is hard as nails though!!!!!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I also tried it and as I feared I suck bad at it! That mtf is hard as nails though!!!!!

It is quite challenging and has good replay value IMO. Lots of fun too!!

Congrats guys....enjoy!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mine is still "pre order confirmed". I'm guessing North America is shipped last?

DeusVult

Another Striker
I don't know what order they choose, what day did you pre order? mines was 4/12/14 #6348.. not sure if that means anything

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't know what order they choose, what day did you pre order? mines was 4/12/14 #6348.. not sure if that means anything

I ordered 4.13.14 just after midnight. My order is 6361 - so only 13 after you - hopefully this means it ships in the next day or so.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Mine is still "pre order confirmed". I'm guessing North America is shipped last?

Mine shipped a couple weeks ago and showed up in the mail last friday. I am guessing it goes in order of purchase date/time. I was 5133.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Been playing a few days now, mostly with my monitor tated, as yoko mode feels weird, I die a lot more in that mode... not that I don't die a lot in vertical, this game is hard and will take plenty of learning, still it's an absolute fkn blast and am having a ton of fun!

brettybluevein

New Challenger
It is still possible to get this game or will I only be relying on the second hand market? I'm sad that I wasn't Neo savvy like 2 years ago :(

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It is still possible to get this game or will I only be relying on the second hand market? I'm sad that I wasn't Neo savvy like 2 years ago :(

You will be relying on the second hand market. Don't bother with the DC release either as from reports it is not quite right.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
For those with tate options only.
Absolutely! It feels really strange playing yoko.
I also think I discovered why I have been dying so often, enemy bullets don't cancel when you kill them like in cave games. Plus it never (that I've noticed) slows down in heavy bullet storms, making threading the needle damn tricky.... still, I'm getting further every try and am loving it.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Absolutely! It feels really strange playing yoko.
I also think I discovered why I have been dying so often, enemy bullets don't cancel when you kill them like in cave games. Plus it never (that I've noticed) slows down in heavy bullet storms, making threading the needle damn tricky.... still, I'm getting further every try and am loving it.

on the game intro/demo it looked like they did, maybe its just some enemies.

only had a chance to make sure its working as iam decorating my house atm and the top floor it like an obstacle course.

tried about three time and it still didn't look right graphically, any known issues with bios 3.0? I have an unmodded console only so ill try that when I get a chance.

stupid question time, what does yoko and tate mean I assume it means horizontal or vertical?

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Got my JP LE and this thing is gorgeous, hopefully someone is willing to post pic of it.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Can I ask your order number? I'm still "pre-order confirmed" status.

5274, once you received "processed", it will be updated with "shipped" the following business day.

After "shipped" status, it takes about 1 week to 10 days to arrive at your door.

p.s. OK, I have decided to post mine, it's only LE and I have stored inserts of all NGDEV (soon Neobitz) AES games into a studio photo album due to the cases creating/cementing wrinkles, bends, and crinkles. As well as minimizing any damage(s) due to handling with the cases. I hope other have better pics with posters and OST.

DSCF5472.JPG

Last edited:

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
Ok, so I found a strange bug in the homecart version of NEO XYX. Anybody else experienced this...

I was playing in training mode and searched for safe spots in the later stages when the game crashed, an error message appeared (MCU ERROR: FFFG) and XYX instantly rebooted. After some testing I found out, that it always happens when I stop shooting. Roughly 2-10 seconds after I stop pressing that a-button, the game crashes - every time, in every single stage. But this only happens in training mode...

pipes

Ok, so I found a strange bug in the homecart version of NEO XYX. Anybody else experienced this...

I was playing in training mode and searched for safe spots in the later stages when the game crashed, an error message appeared (MCU ERROR: FFFG) and XYX instantly rebooted. After some testing I found out, that it always happens when I stop shooting. Roughly 2-10 seconds after I stop pressing that a-button, the game crashes - every time, in every single stage. But this only happens in training mode...

Strange....I wonder if it happens in the MVS version as well. There should not be any difference so I assume it does. I've never tried the training mode yet so I'll have to give that a go.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I checked with my cart (AES) and there is no such bug with me. Just tried in tate mode, do you play yoko?
By the way, nice to see some else plays this great game. IMO the best effort in the NGDEV library so far.

pipes

By the way, nice to see some else plays this great game. IMO the best effort in the NGDEV library so far.

I agree. It really is a lot of fun. It's a game that spends quite a bit of time in my vert cab.