Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Karny

n00b
Screen%20Shot%202012-12-20%20at%2016.07.55.png

Just got this email... doesn't look like Funstock is going to have any stock this side of Christmas. As usual it sucks to be on this side of the pond :(

Last edited:

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I haven't, but reportedly they don't work. They only thing that seems to work with it is the PS3 Neo stick. It's just a hunch, but I think the two sticks are the same internally. When you plug the NGX stick into a PC it even recognizes a bunch of buttons that the stick doesn't have.

Makes sense that the sticks are the same internally. I remember seeing an early photo someone posted with the NGX prototype at some sort of electronics show with one of the joysticks being the PS2/3 model. Looks like Tommo just took the extra-buttoned version and remodeled it with less buttons to give it a nostalgic look. I would have preferred they left it with the extra buttons.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I still havent taken mine out of the box. Maybe tomorrow. I think I'll rig a Raspberry Pi in the dock.

Fuck, that would be awesome!

Also, I had never played some of these games either. Ninja Master's is fun! Mutation Nation, not so much. At least it's better than Burning Fight.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Mutation Nation, not so much. At least it's better than Burning Fight.

Watchoo talkin' bout Willis. Those are great games.

And let me get this straight...is the handheld always charging when it's in the console, or do you have to have the console turned to "on"?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Burning Fight and Mutation Nation are both good bad games, like much of the early Neo games. Need to add Ninja Combat for the holy trinity of awesome crap.

The best I can tell, it only seems to be charging when you have the dock switched to "on."

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I'll give you that Ninja Combat is crap. But I still own it. :)

Anyone found a good carrying case for the X handheld yet? My PSP case is too small.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm using a Vita case as well. It's a bit too large for the NGX, but it works. I'm hoping someone finds a case that fits a bit better, but the thing is too long for generic phone cases.

Picked mine up this morning finally! I'm very impressed handheld feels great. I don't understand the HDMI hate. I hooked it up to my AsusV236H I use for fighting games via HDMI and it displays fine. I definitely feel like I got my $200 worth and more.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I think I will wait for the Handheld only set. That video showed way too much screen tearing for me.

slerch666

updyke,
Watchoo talkin' bout Willis. Those are great games.

And let me get this straight...is the handheld always charging when it's in the console, or do you have to have the console turned to "on"?

Console has to be set to "on." And when it's done charging, the red light goes off, so I assume that means it's not charging ALL the time. I'm assuming.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm on this forum for the first time in YEARS because I, too, now own an NGX. Really interested to see where the hacking attempts go - so far I'm really impressed with the quality of the handheld and stick. Docking station isn't the best thing on the planet but I feel like the whole package was definitely worth $200 - especially seeing as the stick works on my PS3 and PC.

slerch666

updyke,
I'm on this forum for the first time in YEARS because I, too, now own an NGX. Really interested to see where the hacking attempts go - so far I'm really impressed with the quality of the handheld and stick. Docking station isn't the best thing on the planet but I feel like the whole package was definitely worth $200 - especially seeing as the stick works on my PS3 and PC.

I stopped coming here with any regularity in 2006. Completely stopped in 2008. Came back this year because of the X.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Got mine from Target today. I can confirm that it is the limited edition that comes with Ninja Master's. not sure if I'm opening it today or on Christmas. :)

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Thinking of gathering info and starting a Neo X hacks/upgrades/mods thread. Which forum do you guys think would be best? Here, General, Tech Support, or Handhelds?

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'll give you that Ninja Combat is crap. But I still own it. :)

Whhhaattt! That's sacrilege! One of my fave's. I guess we all have our favorites. Surprised to see some people never played Ninja Master's, one of the best, in my opinion.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I vote general! Its a Neo so it certainly qualifies for general and tech support is more for fixing things, not breaking them :-P

Thinking of gathering info and starting a Neo X hacks/upgrades/mods thread. Which forum do you guys think would be best? Here, General, Tech Support, or Handhelds?

Last edited: