Power Spikes II Dog Tag and Euro Homecarts Discovered!

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Tbh Simone I want to know why you refused to talk to the guy. Honestly I didn't even talk to this guy about the games but I asked him questions about his employment at SNK, What he did and what his job was like.

I looked at it as more of a chance to talk to someone in the company that a lot of us have no real expereince with outside of maybe John Barone and that's it.

So the source CONFIRMED to you he worked at SNK.

Interesting, very interesting....

Shawn

snkusa.com
S that mean that someone wants you to sell their copy...
If so, why ? Do they not think its legit and must be prepared to lose money on it ?

Also, if thats the case why have they not asked for a refund instead, unless they were refused.
Intriguing indeed.

All I can say is that the possibility of resale through the NeoStore has been discussed by an owner. In speculation, I’d be impressed if the per game value of either Euro or Doggie PS2 AES matched or exceeded that of non-SNK release Japanese Bang Bang Busters (recently sold for $3860, 100 piece production, only 2 years old).

I highly doubt that there are any owners that know for certain that their copy is SNK authentic, only owners that are patiently hoping that the promised proof will be provided sometime in the very near future. The longer it takes for the source to find this proof, the less optimistic we become.

I get the impression that refunds for these new releases will never be an option. The primary motivation to provide a refund is for preserving business/public relations. But perhaps it’s more complicated for this venture. Providing a refund probably requires the cooperation of multiple parties (a minimum of TonK + source), and neither would want to buyback a product that will likely never fetch its original sale price (the exception being Zimbabwe-style inflation).

political-pictures-zimbabwe-child-hyper-inflation.jpg

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
All I can say is that the possibility of resale through the NeoStore has been discussed by an owner. In speculation, I’d be impressed if the per game value of either Euro or Doggie PS2 AES matched or exceeded that of non-SNK release Japanese Bang Bang Busters (recently sold for $3860, 100 piece production, only 2 years old).

I highly doubt that there are any owners that know for certain that their copy is SNK authentic, only owners that are patiently hoping that the promised proof will be provided sometime in the very near future. The longer it takes for the source to find this proof, the less optimistic we become.

I get the impression that refunds for these new releases will never be an option. The primary motivation to provide a refund is for preserving business/public relations. But perhaps it’s more complicated for this venture. Providing a refund probably requires the cooperation of multiple parties (a minimum of TonK + source), and neither would want to buyback a product that will likely never fetch its original sale price (the exception being Zimbabwe-style inflation).

There is something else to consider...

What if the games ARE genuine.... and the game run was larger....

I brought an SDB kit for an humngous amount... BEFORE some git found a whole container full of them in a warehouse somewhere... loller... $99usd shipped sucks...

At this stage.... selling a few for a premium amount and then slowly introducing certain amounts into the market (Doesn't sound likely... as nothing so far has told me these were ever produced...)... would seem like a fairly good business model...

Let's be real here... who here thinks only 5 Euro Kizuna's ever existed? Eh?

xROTx

Shawn

snkusa.com
Well, with MVS kits, they all started out pricey, especially at release, and they generally depreciated with time. I remember many kits being $1k+ at release, like with Rage of the Dragons. Then the NeoStore acquired a large glut of them, 777 of them all NIB (literally, seven hundred and seventy-seven new RotD MVS kits, unusual # but quite memorable), and the price was listed as low as $35/kit at one point.

But sure, SDB kits were rare for a time, and then the NeoStore acquired a large stash of kits and the price plunged to < $100 (I recall the low being $85 or perhaps even $75 per kit). More copies of these recent releases could certainly surface and I fully expect more than 3 of each to be found, but it will be a slow trickle of 1 at a time to keep the marginal propensity of demand in full effect. TonK’s source will find them, if he hasn’t already. Now if only he could find proof of his own identity, just imagine how helpful that would be.

Last edited:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Now if only he could find proof of his own identity, just imagine how helpful that would be.

Actually he has the proof of SNK employment. But would this help any to show those documents? The believers will believe more after publishing them and the naysayers will accuse of faking them. It's not that easy...best bet is still to get a confirmation from SNKP for his employment (not for the games themselves, SNKP doesn't know much about SNK releases, not to speak about promotion test runs back in the 90'...).

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
tesco-value-stig.jpg

The source, I mean the Stig, coming to grips with controllers that fit in your hands. And have no cords.

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
...best bet is still to get a confirmation from SNKP for his employment.

Great idea, we should keep this in mind should the opportunity ever arise. It's possible that the source has revealed his real name to TonK by now, if so, that would be the place to start.

Then again, coming up with a name is one thing, eventually someone would need to verify that the identity of the source and the name provided are a match. I suppose this is inevitable since TonK assured us that his source will be coming out of the closet.

It would be prudent to wait for this proof to resolve before bank wiring 50,000 USD for a PS2 set.

Last edited:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Great idea, we should keep this in mind should the opportunity ever arise. It's possible that the source has revealed his real name to TonK by now, if so, that would be the place to start.

His name and full identity is known by Tonk, the buyers and me.
As SNK lost several times most of it's data, it's unlikely to have such information on record. Plus if he was employed by SNK USA, SNK Japan probably won't have official information about him. But maybe some of the oldtime SNK Japan employees know him?

Just look for a few minutes with an offset printer magnifying glass on the inserts, stickers and booklets and compare it to releases from this time. In combination with wave soldered AES PCBs it should be clear...

For myself there is no doubt this is legit though. It's not as unlikely as people think. Other Japanese companies did strange stuff like that all the time in the 90'

Shawn

snkusa.com
His name and full identity is known by Tonk, the buyers and me.
If so many people received full disclosure on the source, surely someone has made an effort to verify some of this. I suppose we will just have to be more patient before any of this is shared outside the circle of trust. I highly doubt that there's anyone out there that wants to buyout these releases from under TonK, surely no one actually believes that there is. Sadly, the overwhelming majority of us have no choice but to remain skeptics until proven otherwise.

Just look for a few minutes with an offset printer magnifying glass on the inserts, stickers and booklets and compare it to releases from this time. In combination with wave soldered AES PCBs it should be clear...
No one seems to doubt the quality of these 2012 releases. Sure, the production quality alone could be sufficient for some people, especially a decade ago, but quality alone in 2012 will not sway the masses. Too many unknowns to draw conclusions on quality alone.

For myself there is no doubt this is legit though.
That’s quite the revelation. Even TonK admits that he wasn’t 100% certain in the majority of his posts, and yet you have zero doubts. At this rate we’ll soon be able to count the # of believers on more than 1 hand.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So the source CONFIRMED to you he worked at SNK.

Interesting, very interesting....

Is that supposed to be some sort of divine revalation or something? How did you miss Tonk mentioning ages ago that this guy worked previously for SNK to begin with?

No really, How did you miss this so long ago?

If so many people received full disclosure on the source, surely someone has made an effort to verify some of this. I suppose we will just have to be more patient before any of this is shared outside the circle of trust. I highly doubt that there's anyone out there that wants to buyout these releases from under TonK, surely no one actually believes that there is. Sadly, the overwhelming majority of us have no choice but to remain skeptics until proven otherwise.

No one seems to doubt the quality of these 2012 releases. Sure, the production quality alone could be sufficient for some people, especially a decade ago, but quality alone in 2012 will not sway the masses. Too many unknowns to draw conclusions on quality alone.

That’s quite the revelation. Even TonK admits that he wasn’t 100% certain in the majority of his posts, and yet you have zero doubts. At this rate we’ll soon be able to count the # of believers on more than 1 hand.

@ the bolded.

Are you high Shawn? This is one of the most exspensive hobbies for videogames on the market. There's obviously a lot of people with deep enough pockets who probably don't even post here that could drop 50Gs on a couple of titles and not even sneeze at the cost. I know you've been away from the boards for a long time but I didn't think you were that far out of touch man.

Once this guy comes foward and freely lets people know who he is, what he's done and where's he been in regards to his employment at SNK then I'm going to just watch how many of you dorks try and backpedel thru this shit saying you believed it all along.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is that supposed to be some sort of divine revalation or something? How did you miss Tonk mentioning ages ago that this guy worked previously for SNK to begin with?

No really, How did you miss this so long ago?

@ the bolded.

Are you high Shawn? This is one of the most exspensive hobbies for videogames on the market. There's obviously a lot of people with deep enough pockets who probably don't even post here that could drop 50Gs on a couple of titles and not even sneeze at the cost. I know you've been away from the boards for a long time but I didn't think you were that far out of touch man.

Once this guy comes foward and freely lets people know who he is, what he's done and where's he been in regards to his employment at SNK then I'm going to just watch how many of you dorks try and backpedel thru this shit saying you believed it all along.

You're trying too hard at something you're not very good at, Derek. However, you're great at shilling. Good job.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
It amazes me that Shawn can joke about hyperinflation and price jacking considering how much he changes for
carts in his store merely because they've passed through his hands.

The same guy who sells an item, has it returned... The sells is for more than the original listed price.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
The source seems to have been very lucky and fortunate to purchase not 1 but 2 releases of games that were/are not known to exist in the format they purchased them in and even 2 different version of the same game 3 times or more..
If only 2 or 3 more employees did the same thing and came forward to put it beyond doubt.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You're getting tooled by your fake source. It is really sad to see you get taken down like this, contributing to the biggest scam in the scene.

At least now you can be bigger than NGF. That's what you wanted right? You just wanted to be the scene.

Oh yeah, and since your source is hiding behind you, you'll be the one remembered for all of this.

Do you refund clients when you lose a case?

And if you think this ends here between you and I, I've got news for you.

You flat out called me a scammer? Up in my business? Cat, you're so beyond fucked.

Someone needs to put your narcissistic ass in place. I believe it will be me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Now, nobody should be talking shit to anyone being skeptical. I mean, I get that. These games are 30,000$ each. I'm gonna just wait till the source drops and have no beef with anyone till then. Either way, it doesnt effect me directly. I am not after a entire US neo collection, and PS2 should be called POS2, because that game looks garbage as hell.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Now, nobody should be talking shit to anyone being skeptical.

there's a proper way to be skeptical. Flat out calling me a scammer isn't the way to go about it.

Because you don't believe something only makes it fake in your mind.

Don't call me a fucking scammer.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Do you refund clients when you lose a case?

And if you think this ends here between you and I, I've got news for you.

You flat out called me a scammer? Up in my business? Cat, you're so beyond fucked.

Someone needs to put your narcissistic ass in place. I believe it will be me.

Your true colors always show in the end. You're being used by your source to scam people. Simple as that. Your source hasn't kept his stories straight, and some of the things he's told people are hilariously wrong, but obviously impressive to people who didn't know how things worked. You were so hungry for attention that you bought into it hook, line and sinker.

But yeah, go ahead and threaten me. That's as much as you're good for in life. Strong arming people, black mailing them, intimidation. This is why you never got to be a mod after begging Shawn for years.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Your true colors always show in the end. You're being used by your source to scam people. Simple as that. Your source hasn't kept his stories straight, and some of the things he's told people are hilariously wrong, but obviously impressive to people who didn't know how things worked. You were so hungry for attention that you bought into it hook, line and sinker.

But yeah, go ahead and threaten me. That's as much as you're good for in life. Strong arming people, black mailing them, intimidation. This is why you never got to be a mod after begging Shawn for years.

Hahahaha! You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

You and your little tea party of Shawn and FTL will be kissing my shoes when this is all over.

You're so adamant about protecting the community, yet you banned people for talking shit about D-Lite - he still owes people shit.

You're half a fag - a nobody.

Act like the coolest motherfucker in the room, when in reality you're a silver spoon-fed cunt.

You better have the balls to back up calling me a thief.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
when this is all over.

For the love of God, can you tell us when that will be? I'm tired of reading page after page of incessant bitching. Actual information would be far more interesting.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
For the love of God, can you tell us when that will be? I'm tired of reading page after page of incessant bitching. Actual information would be far more interesting.

Sorry man, quit reading it then.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There is something else to consider...

What if the games ARE genuine.... and the game run was larger....

I brought an SDB kit for an humngous amount... BEFORE some git found a whole container full of them in a warehouse somewhere... loller... $99usd shipped sucks...

At this stage.... selling a few for a premium amount and then slowly introducing certain amounts into the market (Doesn't sound likely... as nothing so far has told me these were ever produced...)... would seem like a fairly good business model...

Let's be real here... who here thinks only 5 Euro Kizuna's ever existed? Eh?

xROTx

You know what.. This has come to my mind some time ago, say you find a container of 500 AF3.... Do you make more money selling only three and then sacking the other 497 carts or selling the entire 500?