I gots a new hangout for the weekends:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Latest additions and how things look now. Will soon be updated since the scudracer is going to be 4p :)
Forgot to take a pic of the ID# cab with cardreader/slot

IMG_20121123_190355.jpg

IMG_20121123_190405.jpg

Video tour:

Afterburner and starwars racer video's:

IMG_20120825_205100.jpg

Last edited:

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
How is that handled? the regular coin operated classic? or do you pay a fee to enter and get access to free credits in all cabs?
I imagine the tech support for all those machines must not really going cheap...

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
How is that handled? the regular coin operated classic? or do you pay a fee to enter and get access to free credits in all cabs?
I imagine the tech support for all those machines must not really going cheap...

It is sort of members only but allowed to bring a few friends who pay a €5,- admission fee. Everything is on freeplay.
The guys running the show also take care of the tech support. Only open on Friday evenings.
One of them even found a website where he could order some original spares for the afterburner cab, like the trigger and missile buttons.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It continually amazes me how cool this place is. I hope this place goes on forever, passed down through generations.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
It is sort of members only but allowed to bring a few friends who pay a €5,- admission fee. Everything is on freeplay.
The guys running the show also take care of the tech support. Only open on Friday evenings.
One of them even found a website where he could order some original spares for the afterburner cab, like the trigger and missile buttons.

only 5pounds?
DEAR. FUCKING. GOD.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Somewhere in my storage I have the handle assembly (joystick cover, trigger, switches and springs) for an After Burner since my old game room had the big sitdown version. Hard to keep working as far as perfect movement but to the end still one of the big money earning games.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
planet harriers

tell them to get

planet harriers

Ehm, they do have that game I believe or at least someone brought it with him. I'll check.

Somewhere in my storage I have the handle assembly (joystick cover, trigger, switches and springs) for an After Burner since my old game room had the big sitdown version. Hard to keep working as far as perfect movement but to the end still one of the big money earning games.

Any chance of you wanting to get rid of those? :) :)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What an amazing hideout Ratson! I'm jelly! Though you are missing the best game of all.... NAM-1975! ;)

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
5 Euro which is even less. ;)

around here, that sort of money lets choose between two options:

A) Go to a "fancy" arcade saloon may be 3 or 4 left in the whole state, or a mall arcade area. Mostly they are clean and machines in good condition, you have to buy a card that costs 2 euro, and with the remaining 3euro, you might play 3 credits... although "big machines" like Jurassic Park shooter, Time Crisis, Silent Scope, Wave runner are known to cost 2 or 3 euro (sometimes even more...). There's really no assurance you might come across with an actual good game to play here, the only thing for sure is that there won't be boots and machines are fully functional and in good condition. That's all.

B) You can choose to go to one of the many places filled with broken arcades, malfunctioning buttons and sticks, where they operate with coins, most of the times you pay 1/2 euro for a credit but some machines work with 2 coins. Most of the titles in this places are nothing extremely good (these places have never seen a cps2 board probably) but it's more likely you'll have more variety than in the "fancy arcade saloon". Classics like wonderboy, pacman, tetris and pool are always present. Also virtual striker o any other football related game (fucking hate them all) To find a non-boot neo geo game around this places is practically impossible. A common sight is a bunch of people crowded in a "king of fighters 10th magic plus" watching a duel, which I personally really don't care for, having infinite special bar, unlocked rugal, character change during fight and "small mode"...

yeah, the real arcade spirit has been dead for 10 years or more around here, the saddest is that few people really seem to care about it. Damn internet cafes ruined it all for good in this place.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i'd hate to get stuck with the electric bill for that place

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Ratson, we should go to the gamecenter together some time. When I have time that is lol.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Will go this friday but have to work again on saturday. Tried to skip it but no luck :(

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Where is this place located? I would really like to have a look over there if i would be allowed to join. I'm from the nothern part of Belgium.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
dear god what a glorious place. darius burst and a full daytona usa set up. i think i would actually cry with childhood joy if i could spend a day in there.