Fighting game backgrounds, animated

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
one of my favorite fighting game backgrounds wasn't really from a fighting game. When I used to mess with Mugen a while back I actually loved playing on the Final Fight subway train since you couldn't corner trap anyone for a while. Anyone got a full length gif of that?

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Quote Originally Posted by ViceMikey View Post
Went to the park to get with Scoops, kidpanda out there cold shootin some hoops,
A car pulls up, who can it be? A fresh El Camino rolling, Vice-Mikey.

That quotes awesome, but this thread lives on and is the most..

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Never noticed the smoke coming out of the engine before.

The versions of this in Accent Core and +R have the casts of Haruhi and Madoka as the pirate girls, respectively. There's also a great BG from Isuka with the May Ship parked on a beach.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Does anybody have an animated gif of Duck King's stage in Fatal Fury Special? Or know how to rip backgrounds? I don't mind doing the work.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Does anybody have an animated gif of Duck King's stage in Fatal Fury Special? Or know how to rip backgrounds? I don't mind doing the work.

sorry man, the site I've been getting em from doesn't have too many fatal fury bg's. I know there was some stuff from the real bouts, but off hand, I don't think there was anything from FFS. :(

and I really do wish I knew how to rip these too, I'd kill for the Capcom vs SNK 1 backgrounds.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
sorry man, the site I've been getting em from doesn't have too many fatal fury bg's. I know there was some stuff from the real bouts, but off hand, I don't think there was anything from FFS. :(

and I really do wish I knew how to rip these too, I'd kill for the Capcom vs SNK 1 backgrounds.

I figured out how to do it. Just wanted to get that killer Duck King music video out of it.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I love how quite a few SF Alpha backgrounds are cleverly reimagined versions of SFII's stages.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm surprised that nobody got the Rocky Mountain stage from Marvel Super Heroes.

If you slammed your opponent enough, the bridge would ride through the river rapids, and when the match was done, the loser (or Wolverine in the story mode) would fall down the waterfall.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Kadakiss, which game is this from?

(It's a shame that titles are rarely mentioned in this thread, because while many backgrounds may be self-explanatory, others have been unknown to me so far, and I'd love to know which games they were from.)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm surprised that nobody got the Rocky Mountain stage from Marvel Super Heroes.

I basically just repost what's available from the chinese site mentioned earlier, unfortunately they don't have any bg's from MSH

Kadakiss, which game is this from?

(It's a shame that titles are rarely mentioned in this thread, because while many backgrounds may be self-explanatory, others have been unknown to me so far, and I'd love to know which games they were from.)

It's from Xmen vs SF. I personally don't like to post the game titles with the pics, because I want them to be appreciated for what they are, incredible works of art, regardless of what game they come from.

if you ever wanna know what game it's from, feel free to ask :)

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I basically just repost what's available from the chinese site mentioned earlier, unfortunately they don't have any bg's from MSH

That's a shame. There are a few great levels in the Capcom Marvel fighting games that are memorable too. One of my personal favorites was from Marvel vs. Street Fighter with the big screen. Arcade makes a cameo appearance in the stage. Pretty cool for a fan of the series in general.